The plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The plan

Now that our future (at least in some sense) is secured, one would hope that a plan of some sort is either already in place or in the preparation stage. The details of such a plan need to be shared with us all. If we do not/will not have such a plan, then seasons like this one, won't be unique.
    Does anyone know about our club and such a plan?????

The plan must be to get rid of the players that don't want to be here .
    Drop the players that don't put in 100% , and try to get players that want to give their all .
    All that is a tall order and easier said than done .
    A team that compete regardless of what style of play ainsworth brings

Comment

Id flog anyone with value and let GA have as much as can afford to have which won't be a lot.

Make do with Drewe and Kakay at LB, find a back up for Paal let Gubbins have a game v Bristol see if he has got what it takes.

Id extend willock and flog and probably let chair go as well lets be honest he's decent at this level and would help a top side go up were miles from going up but he's not Prem level. ideally keep Dunne and field. GA thinks Stef and Albert helped him let Albert do some youth stuff B side and keep him involved id rather a guy with a passion for the Rs be around than let go.

Recruit wisely if they get noticed cash in and reinvest. and to be fair to Dickie he's been superb last couple of weeks keep him gets form back then sell.

Its going to be a tough rebuild but its not impossible

Comment

Points well made but my post was mainly intended concerning a longer term plan. Does one exist, it obviously should. I feel certain that say Brentford and Brighton didn't make the enormous progress they have made, dealing only with "now" challenges, important though they are.
        QPR should be a highly marketable brand, with it's location and history. We continue to drift. That needs to end.

Comment

Brighton took years to come to fruition. Very well run on a budget in League 1 and Championship but the big thing was Bloom coming in and securing new ground. Bloom paid over £100m to get the ground done alone. They had some borrowing agreed against it, think about £20m, but bank pulled plug last minute and he ended up stumping up whole lot. They lease the ground from the local council. Lots of false starts with potential sites.

I would not expect club to divulge anything aside from the bare basics of any plan; i.e. what they hope to achieve over the next five years. In fact I would be surprised if they even went that far. We just need to get over the last couple of seasons and reset and I would expect that reset to take a minimum of two years.

Teams like Brighton and Brentford are the exceptions to the rule. We can aspire to those levels but for me success with our current finances would be mid table Championship and that would be a push as we are more lower end with our budget. I mainly do not want a repeat of the collapses of last season and this one!

Comment

Cant see Millwall and Luton having much bigger budgets than ours. Maybe smaller?

Comment

This league is very tight and I suspect few teams have much of a transfer budget. With a fair wind and bit of luck yes could challenge further up any given season but I would not expect it. We are who we are.

Comment

In a recent interview GA has said that this transfer window will be a tough one as we have no money. We will have to sell but considering we won't be getting much from these players, I cant be optimistic about our future unless we get new owners. We need money, this is just fact. If we had a good youth set up then it wouldn't be a problem but we have failed there as well. Which was one of the main things Les was supposed to do for us.

Comment

GA saying the plan is to reduce the size of the 1st team squad and plug the gaps from the B team. That's very concerning considering how rubbish our bench looked for much of this season.

Comment

Originally posted by supahupa10101 View Post
                    In a recent interview GA has said that this transfer window will be a tough one as we have no money. We will have to sell but considering we won't be getting much from these players, I cant be optimistic about our future unless we get new owners. We need money, this is just fact. If we had a good youth set up then it wouldn't be a problem but we have failed there as well. Which was one of the main things Les was supposed to do for us.
                    Owners can't put the money in, they did, it was mis-spent, we are now stuck like this until we can generate more income. THAT, is something Les is supposed to be doing.

Comment

Drewe has come through although there have been some concerns about his pace. Armstrong is there but yet to settle and score. We need to see what Gubbins can do.

Comment

I think that Gareth's being both realistic with his comments but also playing a tactical game of downplaying expectations so that anything that isn't a relegation dogfight next season will be considered to have exceeded those expectations. I don't see that there any other options than the ones he's setting out whether they're unpalatable or not.

Looking further ahead is absolutely key and the club needs to have a 5-10 year plan for a business that's in trouble. I don't think we'll get that because, in the main, that's not how football works or thinks - with some notable exceptions and that's why we talk about Brighton and Brentford. My suspicion is that we'll bimble along lurching from mini-crisis to mini-crisis having to take delight in any small success and fight off the despair of each setback.

Still, you've got to laugh.

Comment

Originally posted by supahupa10101 View Post
                          Even the richest person in the world buying QPR would hardly make a difference to our budget, as it is FFP that limits us, not the owners willingness to spend. They have overspent in the past, leaving hardly any room for 2023/24. So we do not need money from owners, as it is maxed out, it is just facts. We need to generate money from trading players - it is the only way we can improve our budget. This is how FFP works.

Comment

Working...
                          X