Quiet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ragr View Post
    There's no taking away from what was a fantastic achievement - one that no other club has managed this season - and a gutsy performance that's been missing for a while. Temper that with the enormity of the challenges ahead regardless of whether we avoid relegation or not. You have to take these moments and find joy in them but it's still a battle won with the war to come. I feel very conflicted today; clinging on for dear life and surviving is great but I don't want to see that every week as an ambition or validation of method.
    Great result the players put a shift in and got a result, but if we play that type of football next year if we stay up is a big risk.
    Burnley could have been 3 or four up in the first 30 minutes only heroic defending by Dickie and poor finishing by Burnley, teams are not going to miss chances like that, we need to be more proactive especially in the first twenty minutes instead of sitting back hope GA works on that, do not want another season as bad as this season.

Comment

I am still somewhat stunned from our result yesterday, I just finished watching the highlights and what a shift we put in while riding our luck with Burnley missing many great chances! Like others on here I thought we were certain for the drop but this is 3 points no one expected and gives us a chance, I am not extremely confident of another win for us due to the form we have been in, I just hope the fakes stumble and make our survival easier!
      @gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

I think youre saying you prefer the tiki taka playing out from the back style of football?

Well, all things in moderation. If we're to stand any chance of reducing our financial issues - short of the miraculous arrival of a semi-delusional benefactor - as well as competing in whichever league we're in, we need to strike a balance. To recoup finances through player sales to higher placed teams we need to be producing or bringing on players who have the abilities to fit into the requirements of those teams. At the same time we have to be aware that that kind of playing style doesn't always pan out in a transitional league if you stick to it too rigidly. In short, we need a number of players who have the ability to play free flowing, ball on the ground football whilst at the same time having the game management nous to know when not to do that. There's still plenty of room for less technical players as well. It's a big ask of having your cake and eating it too. All of that requires a long-term strategy and some very clever and committed people to oversee it. Trouble is, long-term often draws frowny faces, if not total confusion, in football. I've seen a fair few Ipswich games this season and it's a blend they've managed to get right a lot of the time in League One; granted, it hasn't generated sales (yet), but they're in a strong position going into the final run up.

Comment

Well, all things in moderation. If we're to stand any chance of reducing our financial issues - short of the miraculous arrival of a semi-delusional benefactor - as well as competing in whichever league we're in, we need to strike a balance. To recoup finances through player sales to higher placed teams we need to be producing or bringing on players who have the abilities to fit into the requirements of those teams. At the same time we have to be aware that that kind of playing style doesn't always pan out in a transitional league if you stick to it too rigidly. In short, we need a number of players who have the ability to play free flowing, ball on the ground football whilst at the same time having the game management nous to know when not to do that. There's still plenty of room for less technical players as well. It's a big ask of having your cake and eating it too. All of that requires a long-term strategy and some very clever and committed people to oversee it. Trouble is, long-term often draws frowny faces, if not total confusion, in football. I've seen a fair few Ipswich games this season and it's a blend they've managed to get right a lot of the time in League One; granted, it hasn't generated sales (yet), but they're in a strong position going into the final run up.
          Ipswich also have a couple of our ex players (Mass Luongo and Dom Ball), so that must help them.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffqpr View Post

Probably all still stunned Lol
            Or hungover

Comment

I hear ya.

I dont have a problem with the keeper hammering the ball up field, defenders clearing their lines quickly, players being competitive and long throws into the box (Drewe). But after that the ball should be on the deck.

We've tried pretty football and only sold Eze in the process. But we can get into the play offs and have a chance of prem money but just being damn hard to beat and getting the ball away quickly from a suspect defence.

Lovely goal by Field shows you csn have a bit of skill too.

Comment

Mainly nice not to have anything to moan about for a change!

We still have work to do but in my view have gone from 80% down to 80% staying up over one day. Great shift and two good goals to boot.

No idea what will happen next season but if we can stay up after the run we have been on I will be more than happy.

Comment

Working...
                X