Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA WBA Interview

https://www.qpr.co.uk/videos/intervi...wbaqpr-100423/

Very positive interview and hopefully the hard work is paying off.

Definitely worth a watch.
    QPR
    Best team in the world
    Sort of

Comment

It’s a good interview and you can tell how desperate he is to try to turn things around.

wonder what the “issues behind the scenes are” and “sorting them out after the season”? Willock? Laird?

Comment

Originally posted by djp View Post
        It’s a good interview and you can tell how desperate he is to try to turn things around.

wonder what the “issues behind the scenes are” and “sorting them out after the season”? Willock? Laird?
        Les.......?

Comment

Disruptive players? That's my guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Isleworth116 View Post
            Disruptive players? That's my guess.
            My guess too.

Comment

To quote Sleeping Giants on another thread:

"The problem is that we, as fans, don't know the whole story".

Comment

It was a good interview, the man is doing his best with what he has, he will give it his all, as he did as a player, that second goal was very lucky, but seasons turn on that sort of thing, it's going to be hard for the last games, but let's hope the enthusiasm and determination that Gaz has gets into the players

Comment

Almost certainly players. Seems clear from our appalling form the dressing room has been a mess since things started heading south with MB after he began tarting himself out to suitors.

I'm not getting carried away by one game but my hope is GA will play those who are 100% committed and if that means some of our more technically gifted players don't play then so be it. We are in a fight and up to yesterday were the only team in that group battling who were not up for it. At this time of the season you get some strange results as you have some teams fighting for their lives, others fighting at the other end of the table and others with nothing really to play for.

I'm not reading too much into Laird and Willock being benched that said. They are just back from knocks and the games coming in quick succession. Will be interesting over next couple of games who plays and who doesn't.

Comment

GA will always give a good interview, even in defeat. He's a natural speaker hence his profile in the media.

Neil C is being exhonerated of much, if any guilt but lets be real GA is far easier on the ear and easier to get behind. Lets just hope perfomances on the pitch can be a little easier to get behind aswell.

Comment

We must not actually be far off from having a fully fit squad now ether - Kakay, Armstrong, Roberts and JCS are the only ones who are still out from what I can recall.

Two more wins at least and we should be fine, but it requires the same performance again on Saturday, Coventry are in good form and have a very good side there, wont be easy.

But is any game easy?

Comment

They are not in such great form. They themselves had to come from two goals down to get a draw yesterday and preceded that with a goalless draw at Coventry and a 4-0 home defeat to Stoke. Prior to that were on a good run but suggests if we go at them we could get the win. That is depending how many we let in the other end though!

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                          They are not in such great form. They themselves had to come from two goals down to get a draw yesterday and preceded that with a goalless draw at Coventry and a 4-0 home defeat to Stoke. Prior to that were on a good run but suggests if we go at them we could get the win. That is depending how many we let in the other end though!
                          Theyve still got players though who can hurt you, the likes of Gyokeres, Hamer, Godden are all very good players.

Ainsworth need to keep working hard behind the scenes, make sure everyone knows exactly what they are doing, and show the same fight and commitment as we saw yesterday.

Comment

Coventry more than capable of hurting us and also a good example of building a decent Championship side on a very tight budget. However we also have some good players and our main issue has been the mentality of the side as opposed to the ability. We seem to have been set up this year and last mainly so Chair and Willock can have their Hollywood moments. It worked for a while when they were on fire but left us with very little when injuries and poor form set in. Goes back at least partly to poor recruitment in the summer. Dykes up top on his own with barely scraps to feed on. Great cross from Chair yesterday for first goal. Want more of that and less trying to do things that often don't come off and lose us possession. Uses both Chair's talent and Dykes' ability. Am hoping GA will persist with two up top and look to get balls into and around the box as often as possible. Do that and fight like demons and we might actually get out of this and I didn't see any hope of that prior to yesterday.

Comment

Working...
                            X