Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does it take to fire a DOF? What does it take for one to step down?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ragr View Post
    Was talking about this yesterday. Beale's appointment was ultimately a huge mistake because of the effects it set in motion. It's easy in hindsight but one of the things you're looking at when interviewing someone for an appointment is the character and psychology of the candidate. You're looking at how ambitious they are but also how that contrasts with their loyalty. Beale was clearly actively ambitious and using Rangers as a stepping stone to better things and was possible eyeing Van Bronckhorst's situation quite early. That's not a problem if you recruit him despite his hunger for better things but you sure as hell need to note that and have a contingency in place for the inevitable. If you haven't done that it would suggest a management weakness. If you're surprised that's on you. If you have no plan, that's even more inept. I don't like to bash anyone's decisions too hard because I don't have all the information to reach that conclusion but the body of evidence that is available from over the past decade, or longer, suggests some serious management flaws and ones that haven't been corrected.
    Pretty much my view. Any manager will get noticed if doing a decent job same as say Eddie howe will get noticed by the fa or abroad with what he's doing but we are just not doing enough right off the pitch for it to reflect on the pitch to get positives from

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
      The aim has been to develop players to sell to make us financilt sustainable and develop our own players for the first team. Only Eze hss been sold for decent money and there arent many academy players in the squad

Company strategy has failed on both fronts without any accountability so far.
      Eze was,picked up by ollie from his wall days sod all to do with Les

Comment

Eze was here before Ollie. He started getting picked for our first team after Chris Ramsey started to get more involved and we suddenly changed formation towards end of Ollie's time. Happy to credit club with him but just him and Chair over 8 years is a pretty poor return.

I don't think the overall strategy has failed, it has just gone very wrong over this season and last. Wasn't that long ago we had nobody worth anything. Now one of main complaints is the value of our better players has mainly gone down. The reason for that and lack of youngsters coming through are the questions we need answering and the car crash recruitment for this season which single handedly failed to address the issues around our collapse of last season and partly make me think the recruitment strategy was based around turning up at a hospital waiting room and asking if anyone there was able to kick a football.

Comment

Originally posted by MINCER View Post

I find it extremely unlikely that Ferdinand proposed that Ainsworth should be our next manager and would suggest that’s why Ruben and Amit were interviewed immediately after and Ferdinand was nowhere to be seen.

These inept owners have lots of history for interference and poor decisions.

The words I used were my choice and I stand by them, it’s no coincidence that H@ F Council view them in a similar light.

Why don’t you try a simple Google on the QPR Property Development Company that’s been set up and see how much money that they’ve raked in but we never hear about?
          Well, if Les didn't support it then why did it happen considering he is charge of the footballing side of this club.

If the owners are making money from real estate connected to the club, good on them, I don't think anyone would begrudge that considering what they are and have plowed into the club over the years. They are not doing this in Glazer like manner, stripping the club and avoiding investment. They have actively tried to invest and failed in most areas, i'd consider this inept, not sinister.

Comment

It's naïve to suggest Les is in charge of the football side. Ultimately, at EVERY club it's the owner who calls the shots - it's their money, not Les's, so there will always be certain staff/players that the owner will decide upon.
            I don't get the impression that our owners are too inclined to interfere but when it's all going pear shaped I'd fully expect them to step in and say "we want this guy and we're having this guy. End of".

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
              It's naïve to suggest Les is in charge of the football side. Ultimately, at EVERY club it's the owner who calls the shots - it's their money, not Les's, so there will always be certain staff/players that the owner will decide upon.
              I don't get the impression that our owners are too inclined to interfere but when it's all going pear shaped I'd fully expect them to step in and say "we want this guy and we're having this guy. End of".
              Then Les is ineffective.

Comment

The signings made aren't good enough and the responsibility lies with the Director of Football.

Ignore the fact that the players signed were good enough to be top of the league with a third of the season played - let's not put any responsibility on them for the change in results. Let's blame Les. He should have known the players would perform to 100% for 16 games and then drop off. It's all his fault. Sack him!

What next? We suddenly get better players and manager to join us with our budget limitations and lack of appeal?

Or the reality hits and nothing improves - Let's then force the owner out too after they pump in half million pounds a week to keep us surviving. At a time when championship clubs with bigger fanbases and grounds that can accommodate more than 23 days of football are struggling to survive financially , I'm sure we would be fine - it couldn't possibly be worse than it is now.

After all that we will "have our Rangers back" - Let's ignore the days we were sticking pound coins in buckets to keep us afloat about 20 years ago and the required finances to survive the championship are substantially higher now while our facilities have now improved since then. Let’s just pretend we are above that.

If only we could look in the mirror. As a fan base, we have recently become shameful since we had a taste of the prem. We only sing when we are winning - dead silent when we aren't - and worse than that now turn on our own when things aren't going well. We demand loyalty of players who are employees but cannot even show the same level of loyalty and support despite us supposedly being the ones with the passion. The teams that survive normally have the togetherness and spirit to get a few results and here we are booing our own team downwards instead of supporting them.

Said it before and I'll say it again - a part of me hopes the owners do sell and we lose this bunch of entitled fans that believe they are owed success - I used to hate that people criticised us millennials as greedy kids that wanted everything handed to them and believed they were owed success and now I understand why. I'd much rather have the loyal fanbase that backed our team in league one than this lot. So let's lose Les then force Tony, Amit etc please stop funding us, let us go into administration and create an AFCQPR where the quality of football and standards might be lower but at least it will be followed by people that will have some form of loyalty and appreciation for the club regardless of success and the poisonous fans will disappear.

Some of you really deserve to get what you are asking for (albeit without considering the longer-term consequences

Comment

Originally posted by LeeCookFan View Post
                  The signings made aren't good enough and the responsibility lies with the Director of Football.

Ignore the fact that the players signed were good enough to be top of the league with a third of the season played - let's not put any responsibility on them for the change in results. Let's blame Les. He should have known the players would perform to 100% for 16 games and then drop off. It's all his fault. Sack him!

What next? We suddenly get better players and manager to join us with our budget limitations and lack of appeal?

Or the reality hits and nothing improves - Let's then force the owner out too after they pump in half million pounds a week to keep us surviving. At a time when championship clubs with bigger fanbases and grounds that can accommodate more than 23 days of football are struggling to survive financially , I'm sure we would be fine - it couldn't possibly be worse than it is now.

After all that we will "have our Rangers back" - Let's ignore the days we were sticking pound coins in buckets to keep us afloat about 20 years ago and the required finances to survive the championship are substantially higher now while our facilities have now improved since then. Let’s just pretend we are above that.

If only we could look in the mirror. As a fan base, we have recently become shameful since we had a taste of the prem. We only sing when we are winning - dead silent when we aren't - and worse than that now turn on our own when things aren't going well. We demand loyalty of players who are employees but cannot even show the same level of loyalty and support despite us supposedly being the ones with the passion. The teams that survive normally have the togetherness and spirit to get a few results and here we are booing our own team downwards instead of supporting them.

Said it before and I'll say it again - a part of me hopes the owners do sell and we lose this bunch of entitled fans that believe they are owed success - I used to hate that people criticised us millennials as greedy kids that wanted everything handed to them and believed they were owed success and now I understand why. I'd much rather have the loyal fanbase that backed our team in league one than this lot. So let's lose Les then force Tony, Amit etc please stop funding us, let us go into administration and create an AFCQPR where the quality of football and standards might be lower but at least it will be followed by people that will have some form of loyalty and appreciation for the club regardless of success and the poisonous fans will disappear.

Some of you really deserve to get what you are asking for (albeit without considering the longer-term consequences
                  We didn't have a large enough squad to deal with the injuries that we had. Now that the players are mostly all back, the confidence is shot because of how we played with the injured players out and there's the added pressure of a very real relegation battle. They should be able to get the winning mentality back though and that is an issue with man management.

Comment

Originally posted by MINCER View Post
                    Why don’t you try a simple Google on the QPR Property Development Company that’s been set up and see how much money that they’ve raked in but we never hear about?
                    I googled it, came back with one result, this thread.
                    What do you think I should have found?

Comment

thought we should have sold Dieng last season and replaced with Smithies or got a free agent in Tomas Vacklic?? (sorry for spelling) who ended up at Huddersfield a Czech international none the less.

i would have sold 1 of either Chair or Willock this season

i would have bitten off the hands of Millwall offering 3 million for Dykes

but now

all mentioned all out of form and running out of contract

that in itself is worth sacking the DOF

i saw a podcast of Ian Holloways passion the other day and in my opinion we need him at the club in some capacity even as just an advisor for GA until end of season

we need that sort of atmosphere at the club to have any chance of avoiding the drop

DOF board if your reading this please bring in Holloway in an advisor capacity

Comment

Originally posted by LeeCookFan View Post

I don't think that because someone is being held accountable it means people want the baby thrown out with the bath water.

We would all like nothing more than to succeed or at least be at a level where we are competetive, nothing to do with being in the prem or not, being entitled to some kind of success.

Our short bursts of good form under Warbs and Beale give fans a taste of returning to some form of glory days, but ultimately i think what every fans wants is to e,joy supporting their team, win lose or draw, the fact that we do want more and faster, is an anecdote of society as a whole these days and not the fan base of this club. Though afew probably do want rid of Les and the board those same few would be hailing them as indispensable if we were on same form as the beginning of this year.

The consistent thread in everything that's happened since the end of the Hughes/Harry era has been that we want a sense of our club back/ While it seemed Les would be the perfect guy to make this happen after the boards general failings (i think we can agree on a managelent perspective they were short sighted from the sacking of Warnock to the appointment of Les, despite bringing us one of the greatest days ever against Derby, their decisions have long term failed as a plan), but Les has been ineffective, good intentioned or not, inept or not, capable or not.

We've fallen out with good coaches over the team, we've not brought players in to facilitate playing methods and we've failed to bring much youth through. We should have been selling players at their peak, knowing we didn't really have the nouse to be getting promoted. Would that have meant some short term hate towards the powers that be (i'm directly referencing Les when questioned over not selling Willock), yes it would have, but the point of being in power is to make tough decisions for the long term benefit of the vlub, and I feel that with the track record Les has been making decisions for the long term benefit of keeping him in the job, deflecting blame and overall not taking responsibility.

Comment

Forget Ollie. Don't doubt his passion but GA has that. Would need a seance to raise the spirit of this side and make them come to life. His second spell as manager was a misguided abomination we just about got away with. Would rather remember him as a player and for his first spell as manager which remains one of my favourite times as a fan. There is nobody that can come in and rescue us this season. Personally just want to get this season over and done with and start again next season with what will be an almost completely new side I think.

Comment

Originally posted by LordLoftus View Post

I googled it, came back with one result, this thread.
                            What do you think I should have found?
                            Is it that difficult to find?

https://www.vistrygroup.co.uk/media-...lanning-awards

https://www.bovishomes.co.uk/about-us/news/housebuilders-two-unique-schemes-score-chance-for-major-planning-awards

Comment

Working...
                            X