Be positive after that Gareth!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Be positive after that Gareth!!

Whilst I love the man, you cannot say anything positive after that shambles of performance and result- can you????

Originally posted by Mem View Post
    Whilst I love the man, you cannot say anything positive after that shambles of performance and result- can you????
    We only lost the second half 2-0

Comment

Should never have appointed him , he is another Holloway , tactically inept , yes he will get players giving their all but we looked so disjointed and did'nt have a plan other than lump it forward quickly. We looked better under Critchley .
      Earlier in the season with Beale we had one of the best records scoring from and defending set pieces , now we look like we are going to concede every corner and free kick.
      If he keeps us up this season , i am certain we will get relegated next season.

Comment

Just read the west London sport write up,they don't pull any punches.
        can't disagree with any of it.

Comment

Fans should start singing we are embarrassing on Saturday as the players warm up. That's if the fans bother showing up..it's amazing how much we celebrated by winning ONE game of football. Now what are they going to say? I feel sorry for the fans who travelled all that way. Les and hoos should refund them but they won't.

Comment

Originally posted by Harrow QPR View Post
            Should never have appointed him , he is another Holloway , tactically inept , yes he will get players giving their all but we looked so disjointed and did'nt have a plan other than lump it forward quickly. We looked better under Critchley .
            Earlier in the season with Beale we had one of the best records scoring from and defending set pieces , now we look like we are going to concede every corner and free kick.
            If he keeps us up this season , i am certain we will get relegated next season.
            To be fair to Gareth, we have our best left back out, our best right back out, 2 of our best centre backs out, our 2 most influencial attacking midfielders out (plus Tyler Roberts back to Leeds) and arguably our best striker is probably not 100% fit due to recent hospitalisation, all that on top of the fact that our squad (the one he inherited) was wafer thin to start with, I'm not sure how much of the blame you can lay at the manager's feet.

Comment

Our only left back you mean. Roberts doesn't count cos he's a useless fcker anyway but I get your point. We plunge to newer depths every week. If we were an animal you would put it down. We are the laughing stock of the championship.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeping Giants View Post

To be fair to Gareth, we have our best left back out, our best right back out, 2 of our best centre backs out, our 2 most influencial attacking midfielders out (plus Tyler Roberts back to Leeds) and arguably our best striker is probably not 100% fit due to recent hospitalisation, all that on top of the fact that our squad (the one he inherited) was wafer thin to start with, I'm not sure how much of the blame you can lay at the manager's feet.
                It’s stops with the manager unfortunately.
                why play a 3 at the back with only 2 fit centre backs . And play martins and dykes up top doing the same job and leaving us short in the middle .. his a confused guy and if he thinks them injured players are going to come back and save the day his on drugs . None of them want to be here .. hench they faking injuries no way they all can be injured for this long all at once . BS

Comment

Originally posted by Kingaustin View Post

why play a 3 at the back with only 2 fit centre backs . And play martins and dykes up top doing the same job and leaving us short in the middle .. his a confused guy and if he thinks them injured players are going to come back and save the day his on drugs . None of them want to be here .. hench they faking injuries no way they all can be injured for this long all at once . BS
                  I do think some of the injured players are sicknote Beale lovers but even so, Gareth had very little to play with tonight, he's playing 2 wingbacks that don't get a sniff normally (Kakay played ok tonight and both did against Watford), we had no creativity in mf with both Willock and Chair missing and Tim not having a good night, he's managing with his hands tied behind his back at the moment, the best manager in the world can't polish this turd into a diamond. Let's give him a transfer window before judging him.

Comment

Gareth needs more time . These are not.his players . Heads go down as soon as we concede
                    You can't carry players at this level and to many of them not willing to bust a gut.
                    We are in a dogfight and it will interesting to see who's up for it v Brum .
                    It's time to get behind the team on Saturday like last week , backpool.result is now history.
                    It's hard being a rangers fan and nights like tonight question us all as to why we bother , but we go on good times will return .... Believe

Comment

Originally posted by Kingaustin View Post

3 at the back makes sense with the personnel.

I agree that two of the same striker up front doesn't make sense though. I would be over loading the midfield with one up top, or i'd have Sinclair in there purely as a disruption for at least a half. Given the players he can pick from.

It stops with the manager but GA needs some time and some more players fit before we start blaming him.

Comment

Before this club can move on we need to get rid of LF and let GA choose his own players and save 500 grand because he has not a clue, only brings in sicknotes or he is on a back hander from their parent club to take them off them and take most of the backroom staff with him and Hoos.

Comment

Saw the post match interview and he didnt defend the players. He said it was an unexpected result and he's learning about the players all the tine. He particularly said that players were too slow to get back into position after a break in play and were caught out. I think he'll be using the stick today and dishing out some harsh words.

Comment

If he starts dickie on Saturday then a lot of fans will lose faith in GA. Can't keep picking the worst defender in the league when he has 1 on the bench that can't get a run no matter how bad dickie plays. Drewe was thrown in at the deep end so do the same with gubbins. If we had a second centre back fit I'd drop both dickie and dunne. The pair of them are a shambles.

Comment

Was a very bad day at the office. The obvious challenge for GA over the next few games is to get a reaction out of the team and grind out the results we need to stay in this league.

Problem he has is we don't really have the quality of players for a flat back 4 or 3 at the back. Think he has to stick with 3 at the back and hope at home at least we can get at least another two wins. Next three games all winnable and we won't get a better chance to cement our position in this division. Brum got well beaten last night, albeit not by the mighty Blackpool, so need to try and turn them over, then Wigan away and Preston at home.

I don't mind Martin and Dykes up front. Need players who will be physical and battle. Get the ball into the box at every opportunity. We can worry about a more balanced partnership in the summer.

We need one hell of a clear out over the summer and pray we can get enough quality in we can stay up next year. For me is going to take a good couple of years for GA to clear up the mess he has inherited. Too many players going into last year of contract or out of contract in the summer, not enough quality and that is from is what is already a paper thin squad. And yes we will need some loans.

My partner asked me last night why I support such a s**t club. A good question but I am old school about things like this. You pick your team and you stick with them no matter what. We do have our good times, just a lot of pain in between!

Comment

Working...
                              X