B team/youngsters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
    Telling thing for me is it is rare any of our youngsters go out on loan and get rave reviews. Masteron and Shopido seem to do ok at lower leagues but not pulling up any trees. Rest you hear nothing much meaningful. Last one we sent out got rave reviews was Chair and Eze before him.
    Alfie Lloyd having good spell at Eastleigh. 14 games, five goals. National League. Good standard, competitive. Hopefully he can push for first team next season.

Comment

Fair play to him. He's 20 in April so maybe a season at league 1 would do him good if we are able to move players in and out. If not then giving him a pre season with the first team could produce a gem that we all need. Lets hope hes not a dud like most of the young strikers we seem to produce. Was hoping kargbo was going to kick on but its not really happened for him.

He's perfect for the type of player we need. Tall and quick with an eye for goal.

Comment

Alex Scott at Bristol City getting rave reviews on sky playing against man City. Kid is only 19. Makes you sick when you see that lads at 19 can be good enough yet we can't produce 1 single player to break into the first team and look the part.

Comment

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news...s-home-280223/

Comment

Sending him out on loan in last year of contract suggests we'll release him this summer. I think we should.

Alfie Lloyd, two years younger. We should give him chance to claim first team squad place this summer.

We need to be tougher, get them training with first team, can't hack it, say goodbye.

Comment

Following his loan spell here at Plainmoor, Dillon De Silva has been recalled by his parent club.

Dillon De Silva arrived here at Plainmoor back in October, making his debut from the bench in our fixture at York City and went on to make 26 appearances and scored four goals in all competitions.

United Manager Gary Johnson reflected on the departure of Dillon.

“I am disappointed that Dillon was called back at this time, but he is the property of Queens Park Rangers and we understand the reasons, and we may see him again in the near future.”

Everybody at TUAFC would like to thank Dillon for all his efforts while at the club.

Comment

Absolute #### the lot of them.
                That Kelman was supposed to be the next Wayne Rooney , don't make me laugh , the only similarity is being stocky.
                He's league two level at best.

Comment

Does anyone here watch our B/u21s or any other youth teams? Is there anyone that is exciting and could realistically make the step up?

Feel like Steven Bala has some quality about him and gets on the scoring board a few times as an attacking mid. He's been playing up a few years with the u21/B team and had Benfica after him before he came to us.

Havnet seen much of Ivo Rossi, but a lad from Juventus who is a 'ball playing CB' makes me dream we have a future Bonucci on our hands. But of the small amount I have watched, he has been a make shift RB and hardly impressed.

Looking forward to seeing Alfie Lolyd come back and do a pre season with us.

Alex Aoraha has looked decent in the short time I have watched him, but never heard his name pop up in any 'ones to watch'. I believe he captained the side a few times.

Would be cool to see lifetime QPR man Henry Hawkins make the step up but judging by how far down the pyramid he has gone on loan, I doubt the club really see a future in him.

Further down the age groups, I see French forward Kolli pop up with a few goals - never seen him play though.

Comment

What i don't get is putting the youngster on the bench and then giving them no game time - saturday bringing on Albert with 10 mins to go and in the previous game Johansson gets you nothing and makes no sense - where as 10 mins of game time for the youngster could make a big difference in their development .

Comment

Originally posted by Dono77 View Post
                      Personally as much as he's not great at this level I would have kept shodipo and let Albert go. Uncle is shot. Can't run for 90 mins. No end product. Can't beat a player like he used to. The only player who looked interested v luton at home was mide and then we let him leave. No we only have 1 winger at the club and he's past it.
                      I'm sure Mide had a reasonable chance from about 12yds out towards corner of the box but wildly slashed at it and ball flew a couple of yds wide and a few yds too high. It was pitiful. I feel certain that manager/coaches see that sort of ineptitude and make a mental note to ship that player out at first available opportunity.

Our lack of quality options up front and out wide goes back months and months and months. It can't be an accident, club must have some sort of blueprint that involves keeping a narrow shape with one up top. Obviously it doesn't work on any level but maybe our improbably good start over first 16 games deflected everyone's attention from fact the squad was thin and unbalanced?

Anyway, in terms of initial question raised in this thread I believe that our second string isn't up to the job of rescuing our season - turning to them would be an indication that manager was totally out of ideas and clutching at straws. I fully maintain that our 1st XI ought to have enough about it to grind out some results and points. Therefore, Wild Thing should focus on gelling them together and making them click.

Comment

Working...
                      X