Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ruben & Amit interview

Good interview with Ruben and Amit:

Interview special: Ruben Gnanalingam & Amit Bhatia (qpr.co.uk)

Highlights for me:

Amit: "This is not a financial investment, it was never meant to be. This is an investment that comes of the heart."

Ruben: "This investment is for the long term and for many generations to come"

However, they are open to new investments from new investors if it can strengthen the club, like the one made by that American last summer.

They confirm that FFP makes the club handcuffed and that they would have liked to spend more on occasions. On the other hand, just as I thought, they support FFP nevertheless. If all owners in the Championship were free to spend as much as they wanted, everyone would probably spend a lot more, but it would not necessarily move us up the table. However, it could increase the financial risk for everyone and more clubs could go bust if owners pulled out.

Both have a set of three children that are eager supporters, giving them a hard time when results are not going our way. Good to hear!

I have never seen an interview with Ruben before. I think he comes across as a proper supporter and a nice guy. I had a good impression of Amit from before and he also appears genuine in his commitment to QPR. I think Amit and Ruben should make interviews like this more often - one every season would be nice.

Thank you, guys, for putting in on average £40.000-50.000 a day to keep us going!

Great stuff. Excellent interview.

Comment

Wonder if some of our fans on here and all the others who want them out still feel the same .
      brilliant interview and what we needed to hear . We loose these guys we won’t have a club

Comment

Also wonder if Connor 2000 is still going to protest outside tomorrow with his bed sheet

Comment

I've said it before and I'll say it again "WE ARE LUCKY" to have the owners we have. Yes there have been some poor decisions and appointments, but I firmly believe that they have the clubs best interests at heart. I know my opinion seems the opposite to most people on here, but I'd rather have them than most of the other club owners around.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkranger View Post
            I've said it before and I'll say it again "WE ARE LUCKY" to have the owners we have. Yes there have been some poor decisions and appointments, but I firmly believe that they have the clubs best interests at heart. I know my opinion seems the opposite to most people on here, but I'd rather have them than most of the other club owners around.
            You must be on a wind up surely.
            These owners are clueless .
            If they've got the clubs best interests at heart then they need to get rid of Ferdinand and let a manager buy his own players and stop signing injury prone players hoping that one day they will be injury free and become a superstar.
            We were better off under Briatore than these clowns.

Comment

ok serious question.

those who seem to have it in for LF and see him as the route of all our problems - do they know for a fact the role he does or are there a lot of assumptions going on.

Player recruitment for example - do they know for a fact that Les scouts - choses and tells the managers what players they have to have? Genuine question because i don't know.

Does LF take training and set the terrible formations we have been playing the last 19 games?
              Does LF coach out any Ball playing forward thinking player from the likes of Dickie when he first arrived?
              Does LF personally do the medicals of players before they sign?

Just asking as i genuinely don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post
                ok serious question.

those who seem to have it in for LF and see him as the route of all our problems - do they know for a fact the role he does or are there a lot of assumptions going on.

Player recruitment for example - do they know for a fact that Les scouts - choses and tells the managers what players they have to have? Genuine question because i don't know.

Does LF take training and set the terrible formations we have been playing the last 19 games?
                Does LF coach out any Ball playing forward thinking player from the likes of Dickie when he first arrived?
                Does LF personally do the medicals of players before they sign?

Just asking as i genuinely don't know.

As i understand it a Director of football , directs the club in football matters ie; organises the scouting network of the club , hires the manager coaches etc at all levels.
                Not sure how much say he has on signings etc but according to him in an interview he has some say but in all honesty a club of our size does'nt need to waste money on a director of footballs wages and if our owners can't trust the manager to recommend signings and then make a decision to sign them or not then they are in the wrong game.
                Ferdinand does'nt even have any experience as a director of football , if you really need one at QPR at least get a qualified one with experience.
                This club is a shambles from top to bottom and we need a complete clearout at every level.

Comment

Originally posted by Harrow QPR View Post

You must be on a wind up surely.
                  These owners are clueless .
                  If they've got the clubs best interests at heart then they need to get rid of Ferdinand and let a manager buy his own players and stop signing injury prone players hoping that one day they will be injury free and become a superstar.
                  We were better off under Briatore than these clowns.
                  I knew I'd be in the minority promoting our owner's, but Briatore? He struck lucky with Warnock, but essentially he was just a clown and crooked one at that.

Comment

Briatore struck lucky with warnock

Has TF struck lucky with

Hughes
                    Redknapp OK he got us back up
                    and the carnage that's followed Briatore was the instigator of changes after doldrums er its not great at present and a real prospect of dropping further behind well run smaller clubs ffs we can't compete with Luton

we're a shower on and off the field did you hear anything in interview that's positive nope its about means ffp means ffp

we bloody know that already what we don't know is what's going to change

Comment

Originally posted by Darkranger View Post

I knew I'd be in the minority promoting our owner's, but Briatore? He struck lucky with Warnock, but essentially he was just a clown and crooked one at that.
                      At least with Briatore you knew where you stood , he did'nt accept slackers , poor managers etc , he fired them.
                      This lot talk #### , new stadium , training ground (took long enough) ect , fans even had to pay towards that and the Stan Bowles stand.
                      They say they would like to spend but can't because of FFP .
                      They then say that they support FFP.
                      The only reason they got Ferdinand and Hoos in was to be buffers because of the stick they got from fans for ####ing everything up.
                      If they'd spent they're money sensibly when we first went up , buying younger re-saleable players , instead of players at the end of they're careers on big wages , who knows we could of still been in the Premier league as an established team .
                      If they gave Redknapp more money in the January window we may have been able to stay in the Prem but no , they listened to Les and gave the P.E. teacher the job and we got relegated.
                      If they stayed in the Prem , they would'nt of got the FFP fine .
                      Last January we were crying out for a couple of signings to push us on but no and we slid down the league , exactly the same is happening this season.

Comment

The owners might be nice guys but they haven't got that ruthlessness that you need to run a football club, if they had LF would be gone they must realise he is a waste of a wage that could be spent elsewhere.
                        The players that have been brought in must have been approved by LF & LH and put to the owners as sound buys that would improve the side.
                        Instead they are injury prone and got on the cheap and no background checks on their injury history it seems,
                        time for the owners to man up and make the right decisions for the future of the club.

Comment

If we are relegated to Div 1, will we still employ a Dof?

Comment

Oooooo controversial

Comment

Working...
                            X