Wild thing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wild thing

What’s the obsession with him within our fan base ?
    10 years at Wycombe 2 promotions and one season in the championship where they was relegated. Yes they are always around the playoffs in league 1 but their football is boring they just long ball . Hench why no one in the last 10 years has gone and poached him from Wycombe … QPR - hold my beer !!
    we may as well kept NC and saved 2million
    rather him play then managed us right now .
    We need someone who isn’t a mr nice guy and will kick this lot up the ####

Nothing wrong with Gareth but not sure it’s the right time for him hence the position we are in, probably doesn’t matter who we get in as they will be slagged off

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffqpr View Post
      Nothing wrong with Gareth but not sure it’s the right time for him hence the position we are in, probably doesn’t matter who we get in as they will be slagged off
      Agree with you Jeff . Im starting to think not renewing warburton was a mistake . Hindsight ay

Comment

Originally posted by Kingaustin View Post

Agree with you Jeff . Im starting to think not renewing warburton was a mistake . Hindsight ay
        That was more to do with Les not liking Warburton not playing some of our younger lads & Warbs being an idiot when having 2 GK on bench instead of using a under 23/B team player

Comment

Gareth's enthusiasm could spill over into the team , 10 seconds of critchleys voice would have done my head in

Comment

If Ainsworth was a free agent i'd have him in a heart beat till the end of the season on a see how it goes basis. I do think that passion will be enough to get us piints needed to avoid relegation.

But that is not the basis of a rebuilding this team, I don't think he's the man to do that and I certainly wouldn't be poaching and offering contracts to do so.

We need some fresh ideas at the club. Of the touted options Wilder not Wildman is the obvious choice. I'd like there to be a bit more time to scout out someone but I don't think we have it, god forbid Paul Hall is in charge of the team on Saturday, may aswell not bother travelling.

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
              Gareth's enthusiasm could spill over into the team , 10 seconds of critchleys voice would have done my head in
              This!
              I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Initially let's see if we get a post Critchley bounce. I'm not sure who would be the caretaker but let's see how they go.

Maybe get Ainsworth in for the rest of the season, he'll get some energy into the team at least.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRFCJIM View Post
                  Initially let's see if we get a post Critchley bounce. I'm not sure who would be the caretaker but let's see how they go.

Maybe get Ainsworth in for the rest of the season, he'll get some energy into the team at least.

I don't think if he has any interest in the job his agent will have him sign on for the rest of the season, he will want a multi year contract like Critchley had and why wouldn't he if he is leaving a job with stability to perform at the circus that is QPR?
                  @gatorTFC

Comment

nothing against him but much of the clamour is always about being one of our own- not for me. I still want Hughton.
                    PS - not sure GA would do the dirty on Wycombe

Comment

Hughton think has just taken a job.

Ainsworth has done consistently well over 12 years at Wycombe. Probably due a Championship shot to be fair. We have some delicate souls in our dressing room and his enthusiasm could be what some of them need. My own feeling is if we get someone in who is more old school and just shouts at them it will not go well.

Comment

As Gator says, why would he leave the security of his job at Wycombe for a "rest of the season with no guarantee of further employment" job at Loftus Road?

Comment

If he fails here, Wycombe will take him back in a heartbeat I think. Just my take at it. More on topic: I think he might be a good person to have around this group of players. Ainsworth is quite good at working with young players.
                          QPR
                          Best team in the world
                          Sort of

Comment

The club can’t buy players because of FFP but can find money to cover up poor decisions by Ferdinand and co.

Ainsworth has a contract with WW until 2025 so will expect a minimum 2 yr contract.

He’s another one that is the wrong fit for this club in my opinion..

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                              If he fails here, Wycombe will take him back in a heartbeat I think. Just my take at it. More on topic: I think he might be a good person to have around this group of players. Ainsworth is quite good at working with young players.
                              You are making a wildly unsubstantiated claim there. What is your evidence for this?

Wycombe exist on a merry-go-round of loan players. These are basically kids that the parent club wants to toughen up in the League One school of hard knocks. I can't see any evidence of any of them substantially kicking on after being sprinkled with Wild Thing dust.

The average age of Wycombe's own players is late 20s, their M.O. seems to be picking up players in their 30s on free transfers¿¿ having a last hurrah before hanging up their boots.

Finally, I went back 5 years and could only find ONE player that Wycombe had sold for money - the idea that Ainsworth polishes young t3rds into saleable assets is clearly incorrect.

My guess is that young urban multi-ethnic players would find Ainsworth's ageing "Rock God" stoner schtick somewhat cringey and laughable. I don't see him swooping in and turning our bunch of wasters around at all. In fact, I reckon he'd make us worse in the long run.

Comment

Working...
                              X