Wild thing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QPROslo View Post
    For a very long time I was a fan of Warburton. He stopped the rot under McClaren and results improved a lot. During the calendar year of 2021 we were in promotion form. But the way the wheels fell off during the last three months of 21/22, admittedly with injuries to players such as Willock, Dieng and Dickie, was very worrying and I reluctantly accepted that it was best not to prolong his contract. But this wasn't black and white. Over the entire three years period he stayed with us he did more than enough to merit a new contract.

I could understand changing Warburton for Beale - a young and upcoming manager with very good references from Chelsea, Liverpool, Rangers and Aston Villa. He fitted what we wanted to be - a club that develops players based on a certain style of play.

But I cannot for my life understand that it makes sense to replace Warburton with Ainsworth. In my mind it is not just a big step down, but a move that is against everything we want to be.

I understand the need to replace Critchley, particularly if he had lost the dressing room. I am sure Ainsworth can fire up the players and get the necessary points on board to avoid relegation this season.

But what about the longer perspective? Our job is to develop and sell younger players. It is the only way we can build a good financial platform for promotion. By sale is meant sale to Premier League - players that command £10m or more. To develop players for PL, we need to have a style of play that resembles PL. Ainsworth style is hoof ball. No PL club will scout for talent in a hoof ball team. It is so obvious.

As Sheep refers to, Wycombe has just had one successful sale over the last five years under Ainsworth - selling a player to Bristol City. Apart from maybe keeping us up this season, there is nothing that makes Ainsworth a good fit with what we need. It cries panik to me. It is a short term fix but not a strategic move.

A DOF is put in place to oversee a long term plan, so that we do not get victim to changing managers with different ideas, changing half the squad every year to fit their style of play. But when the DOF makes a U-turn and go from possession based style of play to hoof ball over night we do not need that DOF. Simple as that. I have defended Les on several occasions, but this one is unforgiving, if the media reports are true.

I loved Ainsworth as a players and I am desperate to see QPR succeed, but this looks to be a horrible signing.

I sincerely hope I am completely wrong.
    Nailed it.

Comment

Looks like we was all correct about him ..
      do we stick or bust .

Comment

Personally I can't see the point in getting rid of GA,nobody can save us it's too late. When all the so called stars have jumped ship at the end of the season, see what we got left poss add a few and see how we go.
        I've resigned myself to the fact we will be playing in division 1.
        Breaks my heart.

Comment

We still have a chance, however, our results of two wins in over 20 games thus not fill you with hope. Pity that the players are not turning up and we are all witnissing a slow death. A football club succeed or fail by the decisions taken by the people at the top. And there's were most of our problems lays. The late Jim Gregory built this club from nothing ... Tony Fernando's destroyed everything that was good.

Comment

I just don't see GA as the answer to our problems. Can't fault his passion or positivity however the total shambles at the top needs to be fixed before results on the field improve.

A non league club in Wrexham with passionate owners at the games creating a buzz at the club will probably be in the Championship before we are is more realistic. If some fans are happy we exist and say we should be grateful I'm sorry they have been a catastrophic c@ck up.

Amit you only hear when it's going well Les is front of house smile has worn thin about 5 years ago the current owners have no idea whats required to turn this club around or if they even want to either. Drop to L1 and if anyone wishes to believe GA in the summer window will fix whats wrong and whats required for L1 on freebies and low value players ona single transfer opening fron july hes got no hope any sales will clear debt he might get 2 or 3 in at 250k-500k max when we cant beat L1 sides with the current squad.

Comment

you have GA a very good servant mainly as a player to the club- there are many other such folk- an average record aa a l1 manager and a relegation from above, then conflating this utter baloney of pop music, hippie guitar playing interminable 'gigs' as if it adds something to the managerial acumen equation.

So I would advise the Board to take GA gently aside and explain that he s on gardening leave until the end of season when his contract will be reviewed. This may have litigation consequences in contractual terms but who cares, there may not be money to pay compensation.
              Then give Holloway who knows these player the task of a bazooka job with an a financial bonus incentive to survive within FFP constraints, if such leeway exists.
              Desperation stakes? you betcha

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                Gareth's enthusiasm could spill over into the team , 10 seconds of critchleys voice would have done my head in
                Some very valid points, but now two months later much points in the direction of the players mentality, fitness and their lack of togetherness. Let us not forget about that.
                QPR
                Best team in the world
                Sort of

Comment

i cant even bare watching his interviews now

just like i couldnt Critchleys

we need a change think i would give some kind of job to Ian Holloway even if its just tilend of season to come in and advise GA and to try come inandhelp GA lift the dressing room

if we go down

Ian Hollowayis the only man for the job because MW wouldnt want it

Comment

Originally posted by Springboks2002 View Post
                    i cant even bare watching his interviews now

just like i couldnt Critchleys

we need a change think i would give some kind of job to Ian Holloway even if its just tilend of season to come in and advise GA and to try come inandhelp GA lift the dressing room

if we go down

Ian Hollowayis the only man for the job because MW wouldnt want it
                    Watching the intervievs with GA makes me want to drink heavily. I cant watch it anymore, he says the same thing all the time. We cant keep letting silly goals in, we will train on those things week. Then the same thing happens week after week. And a new interviev all over again.

Comment

Perhaps GA should say his players are a bunch of useless ######s. That should motivate them to get more points.

Comment

"we will keep all the mistakes in house"

hes trying to be 1 of the boys that wont dob them in

what he needs to be is a manager that can throw some ####s around and let them know

Comment

This is aging well .
                          we don’t even have the money to sack him .

Comment

Working...
                          X