Critchley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Critchley

Will not be sacked unless get to international break and things are looking like we are in real danger. Club backed itself into a corner with the length of the contract and those in charge are reluctant to admit defeat by getting rid of him. Don’t shoot the messenger. JN

The voice of reason at last.

Who should we shoot?

Comment

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz
      KA

Comment

Nutter.

Comment

He should be on six months probation. That's what every other job is all about! After six months, you're either leave or contract terminated. Saying this, I think he should not be held responsible for many things, such as Willock form, the injuries to Roberts, Richards, Bolugan, Stef, Clark Salter etc. Cannot be held responsible for the slow players we have at the back, Dunne and Dickie; the mistakes by Dieng. Can a new manager be able to change this? I wonder.

Comment

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
            He should be on six months probation. That's what every other job is all about! After six months, you're either leave or contract terminated. Saying this, I think he should not be held responsible for many things, such as Willock form, the injuries to Roberts, Richards, Bolugan, Stef, Clark Salter etc. Cannot be held responsible for the slow players we have at the back, Dunne and Dickie; the mistakes by Dieng. Can a new manager be able to change this? I wonder.
            Yeah. This squad looks injury-prone, unfit and disinterested. I have no idea who could come in and sort them out, not even if I had a magic wand and could pick anyone in the world. Maybe you could place some responsibility on NC for the team's apparent lack of desire and fight but c'mon, players should be able to get themselves up for the game and self-motivate without requiring much cajoling and encouragement from a gaffer.
            Maybe ultimately it will be easier to sack Critchley than get shot of 15ish duff players but my opinion is that we will continue to struggle until those 15 duffers are shunted out of the club.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post

Yeah. This squad looks injury-prone, unfit and disinterested. I have no idea who could come in and sort them out, not even if I had a magic wand and could pick anyone in the world. Maybe you could place some responsibility on NC for the team's apparent lack of desire and fight but c'mon, players should be able to get themselves up for the game and self-motivate without requiring much cajoling and encouragement from a gaffer.
              Maybe ultimately it will be easier to sack Critchley than get shot of 15ish duff players but my opinion is that we will continue to struggle until those 15 duffers are shunted out of the club.
              To me they are a group that need a plan. They can't muscle their way into games. I do think with the right setup this squad will perform, it seems NC can't figure out what this setup is.

Comment

Originally posted by topperharley View Post

To me they are a group that need a plan. They can't muscle their way into games. I do think with the right setup this squad will perform, it seems NC can't figure out what this setup is.
                Too many of them are there because of Beale and are not interested now that he's gone. Unprofessional but that is it in my opinion. We have 6 pointer away games at Rotherham, Wigan and Blackpool to survive so hopefully they get some of that professionalism back soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
                  I am afraid that if we look for a manager that will accept a no-compensation-cancellation clause that can be exercised after six months, we will end up with completely untried and untested candidates that have no other job offers. I think any sought after managers would not even consider turning up for an interview if this is the condition. We would obviously not have any problem filling the vacancy, but you will be shocked by the inexperience of the one we end up installing as manager under those conditions. It would probably end in missery.

I liked the concept initially offered to Warburton. That was a rolling 12 months contract, effectively meaning any cancellation would cost us one year salary, and any club trying to grab him would entitle us to similar compensation. However, that was changed after a while for a regular time limited contract that run out last May.

Comment

Do we have relegation clauses in the players contracts. Hopefully we do so that will make them buck up knowing they'll have less P next season if we drop
                    Wigan nicked a point tonight so it's only a 9 point gap

Comment

Reading the last half dozen posts (all from people whose opinions I respect) leads me to feel we are a hopeless cause whatever happens - change Manager or not.

Comment

If we weren't in such a pickle financically he'd probably have been gone after Sunderland. Lose against Boro and we'll learn alot about what the powers that be are thinking.

Comment

Boro on good form. I would expect them to comfortably win, 3-0 to 6-0. We carry no threat, ship goals and have little midfield presence. Suspect NC has a handful of games to show at least something. As others have said real difficulty is length of contract. Could understand two and a half years but three too much.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                            Boro on good form. I would expect them to comfortably win, 3-0 to 6-0. We carry no threat, ship goals and have little midfield presence. Suspect NC has a handful of games to show at least something. As others have said real difficulty is length of contract. Could understand two and a half years but three too much.
                            Im sure there'd be break clauses related to performance. I very much doubt we'd be required to pay that contract up in full. I doubt we'd hsve to do more than pay him up till the end of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Im sure there'd be break clauses related to performance. I very much doubt we'd be required to pay that contract up in full. I doubt we'd hsve to do more than pay him up till the end of the season.
                              You reckon were sharp enough to do a release clause ! As much as I'd like a motivator in place I don't think the players are good enough to immediately improve we're shite and our set up shows it from boardroom to pitch

Comment

Working...
                              X