Les interview.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Les interview.

Just read the Les Ferdinand interview on the Lost for words website. It's a good read for anyone who's interested.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/footba...%80%93-patreon

A great read and thanks for sharing.

Who are these 13 academy players who got taken by other clubs for £750k....?

Comment

Not sure who they are/were, but how frustrating for the club. What chance have we got, when bigger teams come in and nab our talented youngsters for virtually nothing.

I thought Les came across well and he bemoaned the ffp system and how restrictive it is for most Championship clubs.

Kudos to the guy who runs the site as well, asked all the relevant questions and made what would normally be a subscription only article open to all.

Comment

Interesting article. No massive surprises. We are skint hence hardly any signings. Confidence shot to pieces due to MB leaving and lead up to it.

MB offered GR job when Gerrard left but stuck with Gerrard as assistant. Lot of players had specifically bought into MB.

Budget 20% of what it was when Sir Les came in.

Comment

It's brilliant that that's an interview Les fronted up for, they are all questions anyone on here would like to ask. They were well written and Les' responses seemed honest and track with whats happened. He sounds pissed at Mick.

The only thing that's missing is the why players haven't worked, why youth signings left, why youth is not coling through at our club. We don't know why we persist with certain players that are never going to make it.

It's funny it is a very good interview and Les answering it the way he has is a good thing, but if answers are not found soon it boils down to incompetence that we don't know why things arent working as they should. Surely the follow up answer to the time post Eze's departure being a great time to sign up for QPR, and now having lost that, is to press at why we lost that image in the first place?

Comment

My main takeaway from that is I wouldn't be surprised to see Les headhunted by a bigger club - any club that goes down the DOF route would surely appreciate the cut of his jib.

My impression is that we have great owners, a solid CEO and DOF plus an array of talented coaches steeped in football - really galling how it's not clicking right now but I feel we're very close to turning a corner. Will have to try and be patient and almost write this season off and go again in August - however would be good to see some green shoots of recovery in coming months this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
              My main takeaway from that is I wouldn't be surprised to see Les headhunted by a bigger club - any club that goes down the DOF route would surely appreciate the cut of his jib.

My impression is that we have great owners, a solid CEO and DOF plus an array of talented coaches steeped in football - really galling how it's not clicking right now but I feel we're very close to turning a corner. Will have to try and be patient and almost write this season off and go again in August - however would be good to see some green shoots of recovery in coming months this season.
              It's only close to turning a corner if they understand why it's not clicking

Comment

Yeah great read......We need this at least once a month

Comment

Originally posted by topperharley View Post
                  The only thing that's missing is the why players haven't worked, why youth signings left
                  The reason he gave for the 13 lads leaving was becauae we dont have Category 1 Academy status and presumably they moved to clubs that did. He also cited where we are in the pecking order of London clubs.

Comment

That interview does'nt really tell me anything i did'nt already know , apart from 13 Messi's that were stolen from our academy for £750,000 .
                    Also don't believe the part where our owners would spend the money if it was'nt limited because of FFP , it seems to me , they've given up.
                    Sounds like we have morons running our club , if they were paying Bonne big money for 3 years and he hardly played then paying him off , hence why we can't sign a decent forward this season.
                    The only things we have got to look forward to according to that interview ,is a new phsycologist to get the players confidence back and a better training facility next season..
                    We need to get rid of Les and his analytic experts and all the crap coaches and probably our academy as well by the sounds of it , if decent prospects are going to be poached.
                    We need a complete clearout and would love new owners but we are such an unattractive proposition , that is very unlikely , can see us being mid to lower championship for the forseeable future i'm afraid.

Comment

Working...
                    X