The sad truth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The sad truth

The sad truth is that we have wasted what little budget we have on players who simply wont cut it at this level, and that is what's costing us now.

Over time, we have let the assets we value depreciate in value, such as with Manning, BOS and it could be happening again with Willock.

The recruitment model we are following is not being followed correctly, and that lies with the owners who are failing to take responsiblity for the mess we are in.

What can we do if willock has decided to down tools ? , Looks like he's going through the motions, but he'll say he's doing his best .
    lve watched some lower league football and there is some decent strikers at that level.... Surely we could have taken a punt . I said earlier in the season we should have gone for JCH at Peterborough , the fellas got 15 goals , don't tell me dykes is better . Yeah he runs about a lot but isn't his job to score goals

Comment

Willock was afew more perfomrances away from a Jan window signing.

Wasted, interesting choice of words but probably the best. Who wasted it? I'd argue the players themselves. Just because MB took his eye off the ball doesn't mean thye should have.

BUT, wasted in that a culture of success at ANY club, business or anything should not revolve around one person. It's for that very reason we should be looking further than the coach or the players for the reasons behind our inconsistencies the last 2 seasons, both ahve been so jekyll and hyde.

Comment

Originally posted by topperharley View Post
        Willock was afew more perfomrances away from a Jan window signing.

Wasted, interesting choice of words but probably the best. Who wasted it? I'd argue the players themselves. Just because MB took his eye off the ball doesn't mean thye should have.

BUT, wasted in that a culture of success at ANY club, business or anything should not revolve around one person. It's for that very reason we should be looking further than the coach or the players for the reasons behind our inconsistencies the last 2 seasons, both ahve been so jekyll and hyde.
        im talking about the potential money we could of recouped whilst we still had the chance on these players.

isnt the whole point of the clubs recruitment model is recruiting in the lower leagues for youngsters who have strong potential and then selling for profit?

Yet we have wasted many chances to make profits on players, its why I have lost all confidence in the board.

Comment

What clubs would sign him knowing he just can down tools and play at 30 per cent .. I wouldn’t want a player like that in my team . Top Clubs do a lot of home work on players not just how talented they are .. do they party do they like going out what’s their character like etc …
          btw he was kicked out of arsenal because his attitude .
          He has had a few good months in a qpr shirt his no Adel Tabs . IMO it’s no big loss if he goes I don’t want a player like that in my team .

Comment

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MMzd40i8TfA

Comment

yesterday was a bad at the office along with a significant amount of others for the board and one that may prove costly at the end of the season.

what i cant get my head around is NC slating players in public after the debacle at Hull and then not bringing in reinforcements with todays climate players can go bugger you and not try its hard to see the same players performing for him either way we go down or stay up they get paid.

Huddersfield is a crucial game for us and i cant see anything more than a point followed up by a tough home game V Millwall one that could well get ugly and not in respect of fans v Wall but fans v the board.

Its a tough world out there at present with cost of living etc and the pathetic effort of late may be one the board cant hide from as January just looked like we went up the refuse centre dumped all our shite.

Comment

I am not sure Willock has downed tools it’s more that other clubs have worked him out.

it’s not Rocket science that he is a bit of a one trick pony. And a double marking can effectively rule him out of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post
                  I am not sure Willock has downed tools it’s more that other clubs have worked him out.

it’s not Rocket science that he is a bit of a one trick pony. And a double marking can effectively rule him out of the game.
                  His work without the ball is non existent , doesn't chase back when he loses the ball . Just look at his body language.

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy24 View Post
                    yesterday was a bad at the office along with a significant amount of others for the board and one that may prove costly at the end of the season.

what i cant get my head around is NC slating players in public after the debacle at Hull and then not bringing in reinforcements with todays climate players can go bugger you and not try its hard to see the same players performing for him either way we go down or stay up they get.
                    Yes, it will be interesting to see what changes can be made with the injury list and no new players. He really need to motivate the troops some how....?

Comment

Originally posted by ConorQPR2000 View Post
                      The sad truth is that we have wasted what little budget we have on players who simply wont cut it at this level, and that is what's costing us now.

Over time, we have let the assets we value depreciate in value, such as with Manning, BOS and it could be happening again with Willock.

The recruitment model we are following is not being followed correctly, and that lies with the owners who are failing to take responsiblity for the mess we are in.
                      We seemed to have gone down the wrong "Model"
                      . Our brief time under Millionaires has meant we thought we were one of the big boys. We aren't and never will be. That's not to say we should lack ambition. No just reset. Which with luck we can do in this division. But along with others I'm not sure that the board we have can do this with any real conviction.

Comment

I don't think there has been anything majorly wrong with player recruitment for at least 5 years. The idea of building a team over a few seasons is redundant nowadays, players get injured, become petulant or lose interest. After 18 months max they start thinking of their next move/club. You have to have an XI that are all relatively fresh and on the same page - ideally within the first 18 months of their contract.
                        Best we can hope for is 5 or 6 fresh players augmented with some players stepping up from B team and some decent loan players. I think we were very close to this model a few seasons back with Wells and Hugill on loan and a crop of decent players behind them but we had a manager that could not deliver despite having what was our best squad since going down.
                        We should allow Critchley rest of season to assess the squad, get shot of all the players he doesn't rate over the summer and start afresh in August.

Comment

Working...
                        X