Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would we still be in the same place under MB?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would we still be in the same place under MB?

I know the Mb thing should be let go, but for me it's fundamental to understanding the mess we are in, if it can be turend around with who we have on the roster, and why the board aren't spending or being more active in the market.

Like last season, we can point to an exact moment in time where things fell away, last year Afcon, this year the Wolves rumours.

Had we carried on as we were before that turning point, where do you think we would be, MB at the helm and the current crop of players, add Lowe in if you like.

For what it's worth, I do think we'd be better off, top 6. We've not looked as good as we did at the start of this season since the 2010 days. Unfortuntately that gives credit to MB, but give it where it's due he got this side working. Largely I think due to using wingbacks properly and instilling a positive mentality and a solid match day plan. It did however paper over the cracks of what is a weak squad without depth or a spine, so maybe injuries would have undone the great form we were in. Even with the injuries we have now, I reckon we'd have been doing much better and the form would've led to a Jan push to add to the team.
    We'd be in the automatic promotion spots
    0%
    We'd be in and around the top 6
    62.50%
    Exactly where we are
    37.50%
    Worse off
    0%

We wouldn’t be in this mess with MB .
    This team was top and deserved to be top we was playing excellent and exciting football ..untill his head was turned

Comment

but once his heard was turned that was it and team knew it. We plummeted and would have kept going so yes think we would have been in same position. Had MB been genuine and committed we wouldn't be in this position but he wasn't so regardless of his good qualities as a coach you can't cherry pick the bits you like about him and ignore the downsides.

Comment

Top 6.

The man is brilliant, which is why he is not with us now...

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
          but once his heard was turned that was it and team knew it. We plummeted and would have kept going so yes think we would have been in same position. Had MB been genuine and committed we wouldn't be in this position but he wasn't so regardless of his good qualities as a coach you can't cherry pick the bits you like about him and ignore the downsides.
          You can if the question relates to the quality of this squad. It's directly relevant to the ability of Neil, and why the board may be reluctant to spend anything.

He left and he's a douche in the way he did it. But for a time, we were as good as we have every been, with a first 11 that is or has been available to play. Was the dip inevitable or not?

Comment

Would we be better under Warbs you mean - NO!
            Last edited by SheepRanger; 31-01-2023, 10:11 PM.

Comment

Even if Beale was still here we would of needed to sign a centre forward in this window , just look at the games like Blackpool at home , Swansea away when Beale was here we still struggled for goals in tight games.
              What you have to remember as well is Chritchley has had injuries to Balogun and Stef to deal with . Balogun was probably our best centre half earlier in the season , Dickie just isn't good enough and Clarke salter not much better.

Comment

Beale enjoyed a honeymoon period when he first arrived. He was a breath of fresh air after the declining reign of Warburton. Everyone, fans AND players received Beale with optimism and positivity and the early results were good (though the limp exit from Carabao Cup at The Valley was probably a clue for what lay ahead).
                Anyway, the novelty duly began to wear off and performances/results deteriorated for several games under Beale - for this reason I do not think we'd be in any better position today had Beale remained, the wheels had already started to come off under his watch.

Comment

Working...
                X