No announcement yet.

Relegation ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My concern is the club were likely hoping to sell someone this window to finance incomings and apart from that bid for Dykes, who is the one we can't really afford to lose due to him being only out and out striker aside from Armstrong, nobody seems interested. Nothing much NC can do about that. Agree we need grit. The side has no character or grit.

Looking back at our promotion squad under Warnock and this one is nowhere near it. We all remember Adel who was brilliant but the team was packed with dependable, decent quality players and characters. Not only did they free up Adel to do his thing but they were rock solid and not without quality in their own right.

I'm not expecting this squad to be close to Warnock's but the contrast is night and day. We have no characters, no grit and do not look solid.

I think we will stay up but am not expecting it to be pretty and we need serious change in the summer window to be ok next season.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
      My concern is the club were likely hoping to sell someone this window to finance incomings and apart from that bid for Dykes, who is the one we can't really afford to lose due to him being only out and out striker aside from Armstrong, nobody seems interested. Nothing much NC can do about that. Agree we need grit. The side has no character or grit.

Looking back at our promotion squad under Warnock and this one is nowhere near it. We all remember Adel who was brilliant but the team was packed with dependable, decent quality players and characters. Not only did they free up Adel to do his thing but they were rock solid and not without quality in their own right.

I'm not expecting this squad to be close to Warnock's but the contrast is night and day. We have no characters, no grit and do not look solid.

I think we will stay up but am not expecting it to be pretty and we need serious change in the summer window to be ok next season.
      Things can change very quickly in this league, and things have to seriously change urgently.

We are slipping away big time.

Comment

We have no characters, no grit and do not look solid.
        Correct. I felt like we had that at the back with Dunne and Dickie but they've both been lost recently.

Stef provided good back bone under MB, when he returns which Stef will we get? If it's the one from end of last year better off fielding 10 men.

Field is the only player ive seen consistently show grit.

We are lacking character, especially at up top.

Comment

Very good post and pretty much sums it up for me
          I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

We're just too random. This is all from memory so forgive me if anything is off but I think we've been the top club on form at some point in each of the last 3 seasons (this one included). We had a great second half of 2020/21, a great first half of 2021/22 (if 2021 season was over the calendar year we'd probably have been champions or very close, if not...again I haven't checked but I think I'm correct) and a great start to 2022/23. How can the same team just blow so hot and cold on a regular basis?

Comment

The team are going thru the motions , the best teams put that extra 10% in each week that's why they win .
              Work rate goes a long way in football and we haven't got it . I just don't see our lot going that extra mile .

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeping Giants View Post
                We're just too random. This is all from memory so forgive me if anything is off but I think we've been the top club on form at some point in each of the last 3 seasons (this one included). We had a great second half of 2020/21, a great first half of 2021/22 (if 2021 season was over the calendar year we'd probably have been champions or very close, if not...again I haven't checked but I think I'm correct) and a great start to 2022/23. How can the same team just blow so hot and cold on a regular basis?
                That's the way I remember it too - in broad terms, my memory doesn't allow detail any more!

Comment

Working...
                X