Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time for a rant

Time to get something off my chest.

"Failure isn't fatal, but failure to change might be".

I think that quote sums up the nature of all of us tonight, we all feel angry, let down and frankly p***sed off by the current standard of our squad - in particular its attitude, commitment, respect, effort, desire etc.

Over the years, I kept questioning the manager, but I wonder whether its even worth doing that anymore, the answer has been what it has been all along, the ownership of this football club.

We need change at the heart of this club, Amit, Ruben, Les and Lee have all let the standards drop in recent times, its no longer good enough to claim to be financially sustainable, then the next minute, waste 2m quid on a striker by terminating his contract, and to add insult to injury, Amit or Ruben only pipes on twitter when we win, not even when we lose - Are they people who care?

You cant claim to be financially sustainable, yet waste money on poor players at this level, its simply unacceptable.

So today I think tipped me over the edge, its time we started seeing change in the boardroom, get owners in who will be more involved in the day to day operations of the club, who care about it, who want to be successful and who believe its core values and DNA.

The current ownership have overstayed their welcome, I believe its time for new owners, who's with me?

Well said. We seem to be in the middle of a perfect storm. So many areas need attention but we seem to have neither the means nor the inclination to approach difficult issues. We may turn things round a little, for only 1 game ago, we played well against a good side. Let us hope so. BUT if we do, we can only hope that this does not hide the significant problems that would continue to threaten the club. I hope that our new manager will be as strong as he needs to be.

Comment

Originally posted by daveshads View Post
      Well said. We seem to be in the middle of a perfect storm. So many areas need attention but we seem to have neither the means nor the inclination to approach difficult issues. We may turn things round a little, for only 1 game ago, we played well against a good side. Let us hope so. BUT if we do, we can only hope that this does not hide the significant problems that would continue to threaten the club. I hope that our new manager will be as strong as he needs to be.
      I think today was like the wake up call we needed as fans to gather and make our voices heard.

Blaming the manager isnt the problem anymore, Crichley if he is backed will get a good squad and has good contacts, so it will help us immensely.

I just dont think the current ownership care, they only seem to be interested when we win, apart from that they dont talk about QPR.

Something stinks at this club, and its certainly not Crichley, whos honesty I respect today. I hope he comes with a "back me or sack me" plea on Monday morning, if he walks then that will be the moment I think we will see the fanbase turn on the owners.

Ive just had enough now of the constant excuses I hear from our so called owners, its just not good enough to say FFP is affecting our budgets, yet waste it on players like Bonne who were not going to make it at this level.

Comment

I wonder just how easy it would be to get in new owners who are prepared to fund the club to the tune of a million or so each and every month.

Not saying they do an out of this world job, just wondering how you'd get replacements.

Comment

I agree, if you look at Everton, their fan groups have pulled together and told the club that they are unhappy, the reasons behind their discontent and what they would like to see changed.

We need to do the same , the time has come as we are going round and round in circles as a club

The players not putting in the required effort and not thanking the supporters for turning up yesterday is unforgivable

Our DOF is simply not qualified to do the job. He lacks any form of presence or leadership skills - time for him to go

Our CEO looks lost and bemused by it all

Our Chairman doesn’t communicate, seems to lack interest and only tweets when we win

Our owners are silent

Lets face it, it’s not a cheap club to support, tickets are expensive, getting to the ground is expensive, the whole day out could costs a fortune

I understand the club needs the supporters etc but I will not be going again until I see acceptance and change. Critchleys interview was a start but it can’t all rest on his shoulders

This transfer window is essential. Once again we have too much dead wood

We don’t have any leaders on the pitch. We need a Clint Hill or Shaun Derry type NOW!!

We have developed arrogance within the squad - I don’t like the body language of Dieng, Roberts, Willock, Dykes or Chair (to name just a few)

We have too many unfit or injured players - JCS has been ill for weeks, where is Balogan (probably hiding in a hotel in Glasgow waiting to join up with mole man). We need Stef back.

We are in the middle of a cost of living crisis and watching this lot strut around makes me angry

Comment

Nothing will change until the ownership changes.

Its as simple as that.

Comment

It’s nothing to do with the owners that a team that was top of the league playing good football scoring goals has suddenly become awful .

the players themselves have to take responsibility for where we are this season- the standard yesterday was so so poor and that is nothing to do with the owners! It’s the players- this group should be good enough to beat Fleetwood and a lot of the teams in our division.

I have said it before but we really miss Johansson

Comment

Another individual that I don’t feel is doing his job properly at the club is the club doctor, he seems to have far too much influence over players being available or not for selection. My Dad and I have noticed this for some time, even under Warburton.

No other club seems to have the issues we do with players injured or sick. Johanson for example has been training for a month yet Critchley said himself a few days ago he needs to check with the doctor. Why has this bloke got so much power, is he being bunged by players so they can spend more time playing on their Xbox’s?

Comment

The culture around the club stinks at the moment and unless something changes, we will be a L1 team next season.

Comment

Originally posted by djp View Post
                    Another individual that I don’t feel is doing his job properly at the club is the club doctor, he seems to have far too much influence over players being available or not for selection. My Dad and I have noticed this for some time, even under Warburton.

No other club seems to have the issues we do with players injured or sick. Johanson for example has been training for a month yet Critchley said himself a few days ago he needs to check with the doctor. Why has this bloke got so much power, is he being bunged by players so they can spend more time playing on their Xbox’s?
                    Agreed, I think the only manager who has challenged the club doctor was Beale. Playing Amos and Willock when not ready etc.

You’re right though, Critchley should decide on whether they play or not - not the club doctor.

He currently has far too much influence

Comment

Originally posted by Mem View Post
                      I agree, if you look at Everton, their fan groups have pulled together and told the club that they are unhappy, the reasons behind their discontent and what they would like to see changed.
                      Everton have spent a £562m on new signings since Moshiri came on board in February 2016. They have also spent £500m on a new 53k seated stadium which will be ready for season 24/25.

Who'd want to be a football owner!?!?

Comment

However bad the board , chair , Les are , surely the players have a responsibility to perform and put in 100%.
                        Willock going through the motions , chair not releasing the ball . Players not busting a gut .
                        They know they still get paid however they perform .

Comment

Ryan Reynolds at Wrexham. That's how to be an owner who puts genuine care into a club while still doing it for your own personal glory.

At the other end of the spectrum, Abramovich. Yep he got too involved but he gave a damn.

Fernandes was that for us, but he was far too naive.

Now we are in a place where the owners and men that run the club are not doing badly enough to start protesting, nor are they doing enough well to say the job being done is good enough.

Our last few managelent appointments have been good. Beale was excellent, can't blame the board for that one. But as many others have said there must be some backroom deficiencies in coaching at every age group and level, scouting, medica, even the bloody groundsmen by the looks of Loftus Rd at the minute. There is something missing, there is a pattern at the club and we do need some personality and balls to fix it.

Though i do disagree that it's time for Les, Lee and the board to go, they just need to be more competent and that does not happen with meetings. It happens by being present, and with action. They need to start getting their hands grubby, get in the trenches and spend some serious time working out whats not correct and fixing it.

Comment

Originally posted by topperharley View Post
                            Ryan Reynolds at Wrexham. That's how to be an owner who puts genuine care into a club while still doing it for your own personal glory.

At the other end of the spectrum, Abramovich. Yep he got too involved but he gave a damn.

Fernandes was that for us, but he was far too naive.

Now we are in a place where the owners and men that run the club are not doing badly enough to start protesting, nor are they doing enough well to say the job being done is good enough.

Our last few managelent appointments have been good. Beale was excellent, can't blame the board for that one. But as many others have said there must be some backroom deficiencies in coaching at every age group and level, scouting, medica, even the bloody groundsmen by the looks of Loftus Rd at the minute. There is something missing, there is a pattern at the club and we do need some personality and balls to fix it.

Though i do disagree that it's time for Les, Lee and the board to go, they just need to be more competent and that does not happen with meetings. It happens by being present, and with action. They need to start getting their hands grubby, get in the trenches and spend some serious time working out whats not correct and fixing it.
                            I think a major reshuffle is needed, and that includes Les Ferdinand being moved on.

We need a DoF in who has experience and has a proven track record.

Comment

Originally posted by Mem View Post

We need to do the same , the time has come as we are going round and round in circles as a club

The players not putting in the required effort and not thanking the supporters for turning up yesterday is unforgivable

Our DOF is simply not qualified to do the job. He lacks any form of presence or leadership skills - time for him to go

Our CEO looks lost and bemused by it all

Our Chairman doesn’t communicate, seems to lack interest and only tweets when we win

Our owners are silent

Lets face it, it’s not a cheap club to support, tickets are expensive, getting to the ground is expensive, the whole day out could costs a fortune

I understand the club needs the supporters etc but I will not be going again until I see acceptance and change. Critchleys interview was a start but it can’t all rest on his shoulders

This transfer window is essential. Once again we have too much dead wood

We don’t have any leaders on the pitch. We need a Clint Hill or Shaun Derry type NOW!!

We have developed arrogance within the squad - I don’t like the body language of Dieng, Roberts, Willock, Dykes or Chair (to name just a few)

We have too many unfit or injured players - JCS has been ill for weeks, where is Balogan (probably hiding in a hotel in Glasgow waiting to join up with mole man). We need Stef back.

We are in the middle of a cost of living crisis and watching this lot strut around makes me angry

I agree that this is a huge problem. Imo, he should feel obliged to meet the fans at the earliest opportunity.
                              QPR
                              Best team in the world
                              Sort of

Comment

Working...
                              X