Dykes New Deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dykes New Deal

Dykes being offered a new deal apparently.

Very mixed opinions on this, does do a job out of possession, but if Rangers were to offer £5m, as its being reported, then that would be a sensible sale to make.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/ex...sfer-interest/

If we play to his strengths he's a good option IMO. And given that we are struggling to get in any other strikers it would be silly to just let him leave.
    "I don't read the papers, I don't gamble, I don't even know what day it is." - Steve McClaren.

Comment

Strikers are so expensive and we can't seem to get more than loans as a result. Personally think new deal a good idea if he'll sign it. Works hard and generally gets riss poor service. With better service and maybe a regular striking partner would do well at this level.

Comment

I was suprised by his stats from last night that he's still a 1 in 4 striker. I thought it would be 1 in 7......

He's not prolific but hes not the problem. As said its the service and other CF options. We cant afford to lose him until we have at least two other decent options. But those may be smaller pacer players, so his physical presence would still be worth a squad place.

If he went it would be very hard bring in two CFs during Jan. Im happy to extend him if only to maintain his purchase price valuation of £2m.

Comment

Under contract until 2024. 27 years old. I'm inclined to wait another year before we make decision. His agent pushing for better deal.

Comment

If anyone offers 5 million bite their hands off , he is not suited to playing as a loan striker and although he has a good work rate , he has no composure in front of goal and his finishing is terrible. Can't remember how many sitters he's missed from 5 yards or less .
            Use the money to buy someone else or put towards a decent loan striker from Premier league.
            I honestly believe that with a decent striker and a few less injuries we would be right near the top of this #### poor league.

Comment

Dykes is in the top 3 for worst striker we’ve had at the club in my memory and I’ve seen some crap since 68.

Warnock added in commentary that he’d never seen Dykes play so well last night, how many times did he work the keeper with shots or provide assists for teammates?

If the bar is set so low that some fans think we should be happy if he signs a contract extension then I give up.

Comment

Originally posted by MINCER View Post
                Dykes is in the top 3 for worst striker we’ve had at the club in my memory and I’ve seen some crap since 68.

Warnock added in commentary that he’d never seen Dykes play so well last night, how many times did he work the keeper with shots or provide assists for teammates?

If the bar is set so low that some fans think we should be happy if he signs a contract extension then I give up.
                Sorry to say I'm one of those fans. I'd be happy to see him get a contract extension. His scoring record could be better, but I like him.
                I watched him the other night, and he ran into some great positions but didn't receive the ball.
                I would rather we kept him, as he is still a saleable asset.

Comment

We have all said it at one time or another, we want a player to give it his all when pulling on the shirt.

Yep, Dykes not the most gifted of strikers, but you can never say that he wouldn't run through a brick wall for that shirt.
                  I personally feel his lack of composure in front of goal is more down to lack of confidence than ability.
                  Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                  Work Best When Open...
                  @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Originally posted by Fraggy View Post
                    We have all said it at one time or another, we want a player to give it his all when pulling on the shirt.

Yep, Dykes not the most gifted of strikers, but you can never say that he wouldn't run through a brick wall for that shirt.
                    I personally feel his lack of composure in front of goal is more down to lack of confidence than ability.
                    And the shocking service at times. A lot of the chances he gets he really has to snatch at and I think he's been unlucky with some of them. He's also guilty of hitting the goalkeeper a few times with the rest of the goal to aim at though.
                    "I don't read the papers, I don't gamble, I don't even know what day it is." - Steve McClaren.

Comment

He need someone alongside him. Keep him, but bring in a pacey striker to play off him.
                      QPR
                      Best team in the world
                      Sort of

Comment

Sellng Dykes in Jzn for a loan striker would be stupid, 5 million is good money for him, but a repleacement would be far harder to find.

We should sell one of our number 10's, and make room to be able to play 2 strikers as required. Both Armstrong and Dykes would benefit from that, instead of tryng to froce 2 number 10's.

Comment

As a striker I don’t rate him much more than 4/5 out of 10 work rate I’d give him 11 can’t knock they guys effort

I see him as a heskey for Owen does the donkey work and a proper cf feeds of him but we don’t seem to have faith in Sinclair who probably needs to go on loan

if we ain’t going to get dykes help may as well sell and play willock and chair up top and put cash elsewhere probably debt

Comment

Such is the perverse nature of football that, if we agree an extension, we may get a bid for him, and if we don't agree an extension he'll go for free.

Comment

How many times did any of our players have a shot and work the keeper? Only chair. Can't always blame dykes.

Comment

Working...
                              X