Just an observation ---+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just an observation ---+

For the last 6 months I have been semi retired, working part time in my local Asda, in the car park looking after trolleys and generally looking after people.
    I meet a lot of football supporters in the working day, basically anybody wearing football shirts or insignia, is a target for a bit of banter from me, it's all sorts of clubs, from all over the country, Plymouth to Blackburn, Ipswich to Portsmouth and all the usual London clubs, and the northern premiership teams.
    The point being, that not one single supporter I have chatted to has any interest whatsoever in this poxy world cup !! I was bought up watching the best of Brazil Italy, Germany etc, I had a great love for the world cup, when England never had a sniff, but everything about this world cup is just wrong, it will be portrayed as a big success by the FIFA and the media, but it will go down as the worst world cup ever by everybody else

FIFA - Well what can you say $$$$$$$

Sponsors - Happy to cancel any celeb that gets out of line but they queue to get involved.

Even Saint Lineker, Neville and Beckham will be earning off it after all their chesp woke BS they spout. As long as they dont lose money - words are cheap!

The hypocrisy of everyone involved astounds me. Apart from the players who should be experiencing the best time of their careers, but have all this noise around then.

Take a bow everyone, sorry knee!!

Comment

Kev is that Asda sheerwater? There are plenty at my work place that sounds disinterested but then the sweepstake takes place and most people start taking Monday off for England's 1st game and the excitement is building. Would they say that in public, no definitely not because of where it's taking place but as football fans I know all will be tuning in. Really hope England have a decent tournament. Defence is definitely a concern but we still have some great players going forward so fingers crossed. We aren't a patriotic country but the world cup definitely brings us together.
      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Not me. I won't be tuning in.

My house is going to look spectacular by the time the EFL resumes.
        "I don't read the papers, I don't gamble, I don't even know what day it is." - Steve McClaren.

Comment

You're going to decorate instead of doing it in the summer like normal people?

Comment

Absolutely. I have MUCH better things to do in the summer than decorating.
            "I don't read the papers, I don't gamble, I don't even know what day it is." - Steve McClaren.

Comment

This world cup is just wrong

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                This world cup is just wrong
                Morally you're spot on bus but with all the sh it that is going on in the world let's just embrace it and hope England give up something to cheer about.

Comment

Not got any interest in it, would normally be excited and pulling on my Chain but the Hypocrisy Is just to much for me.

Comment

have all men reporters been banned by the bbc in this world cup.

Comment

Regardless of all of the moral issues, I can't stand this England team and Italy failed to qualify so I have zero interest in it.

Comment

Said it before I just can't take to Southgate and this England team , When England play tomorrow it's probably on top of a few dead bodies

Comment

Confirmed England to "take the knee" in their game tomorrow. I wont be watching. If Wales do the same later I wont be watching either.

I have no idea what theyre doing when the following clearly dont give a ####

World Cup 2022 sponsors
                          1. BYJU’s
                          2. Budweiser
                          3. Hisense
                          4. Mc Donalds
                          5. Vivo
                          FIFA Partners for FIFA World Cup 2022 Sponsors list
                          1. Adidas
                          2. Coca-Cola
                          3. Wanda Group
                          4. Hyundai
                          5. Qatar Airways
                          6. Visa
                          If England "take the knee" they will get a yellow card. I have no idea what that means, but the EPL insistence that clubs do this is "so last year"

######s the lot of them!
                          Last edited by SheepRanger; 21-11-2022, 01:01 AM.

Comment

£12 a pint as well

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
                              Confirmed England to "take the knee" in their game tomorrow. I wont be watching. If Wales do the same later I wont be watching either.

I have no idea what theyre doing when the following clearly dont give a ####

World Cup 2022 sponsors
                              1. BYJU’s
                              2. Budweiser
                              3. Hisense
                              4. Mc Donalds
                              5. Vivo
                              FIFA Partners for FIFA World Cup 2022 Sponsors list
                              1. Adidas
                              2. Coca-Cola
                              3. Wanda Group
                              4. Hyundai
                              5. Qatar Airways
                              6. Visa
                              If England "take the knee" they will get a yellow card. I have no idea what that means, but the EPL insistence that clubs do this is "so last year"

######s the lot of them!
                              It's the one love armband that will get him a yellow card.
                              which means he will be banned by the Welsh game..
                              Apparently 9 countries have agreed to wear the armband.

FIFA knew about Qatars anti homosexual laws and atrocious human rights record before awarding them the finals, also knew about alcohol not being popular, but still awarded Budweiser the sponsorship.

Now if Gareth and his boys really gave a cr ap about all this bs, then boycotting the tournament would of been the way to go, but deep down, they don't give a tos s, its bs social signaling.
                              Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                              Work Best When Open...
                              @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Working...
                              X