Just an observation ---+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fraggy View Post

It's the one love armband that will get him a yellow card.
    which means he will be banned by the Welsh game..
    Apparently 9 countries have agreed to wear the armband.

FIFA knew about Qatars anti homosexual laws and atrocious human rights record before awarding them the finals, also knew about alcohol not being popular, but still awarded Budweiser the sponsorship.

Now if Gareth and his boys really gave a cr ap about all this bs, then boycotting the tournament would of been the way to go, but deep down, they don't give a tos s, its bs social signaling.
    Spot on about Southgate and his little cherubs.
    I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

I have a different perspective as our Canada team doesn't normally qualify for this competition, there is no way this tournament should be in Qatar as others have pointed out but we are thrilled as a country to be there for the first time in 36 years! It is a whole different dynamic here as fans become new supporters of our national team, I watched the match yesterday in a full bar with 400 other people, the atmosphere was amazing, the only thing missing was a result! Maybe if your national team is in virtually every world cup and Euro tournament you think differently about it but us Canadians are having a party!
      @gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by gator View Post
        I have a different perspective as our Canada team doesn't normally qualify for this competition, there is no way this tournament should be in Qatar as others have pointed out but we are thrilled as a country to be there for the first time in 36 years! It is a whole different dynamic here as fans become new supporters of our national team, I watched the match yesterday in a full bar with 400 other people, the atmosphere was amazing, the only thing missing was a result! Maybe if your national team is in virtually every world cup and Euro tournament you think differently about it but us Canadians are having a party!
        Canada played really well , ran.out of a bit of steam at the end but were good to watch

Comment

Taking away all the crap, and there is bucket loads, to be fair the actual football has been pretty damn good!!

Comment

Would have been happy if we had boycotted the tournament but we havent but am not as strong in my morals as 72bus buffalo and sheep and have been watching.

Should not be on but is.

Money before belief for majority !!!

Comment

Originally posted by longtime_ranger View Post
              Would have been happy if we had boycotted the tournament but we havent but am not as strong in my morals as 72bus buffalo and sheep and have been watching.

Should not be on but is.

Money before belief for majority !!!
              Agree, but still remains that most of the football has been pretty good, but it's the best of the best, so should be good

Comment

Working...
              X