On my way home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On my way home

Dismal performance which deserved nothing, barely created a chance in the whole game and the team were slow and ponderous . The squad is paper thin and made of glass, which I fear could cost us dear compared to the bigger teams.
    So many players had poor games, only Laird, Field and Dykes escape any criticism.Dickie and Amos were abysmal, Dickie showing he is now fourth choice, Willock and Chair had poor games and it was not their day.
    Tuesday night now a very important game, need a win to hang in the top 6, then after Coventry we have 4 weeks to get our sick notes fit.
    Full house but atmosphere poor which matched our play.

Can’t really argue with any of that

not sure if MB left Armstrong off for Huddersfield, I’ll be the first to admit I don’t fancy dykes as a cf but if others had his passion We’d look a lot stronger. 2nd balls are a real issue we don’t any of them in midfield

Dickie looks like a player with his nose put out Amos offered little and Dozzell looks like he’s never in it

Get to the w/c and regroup but weed incomings and obvious outgoings

Comment

Originally posted by Romford Hoop View Post
      Dismal performance which deserved nothing, barely created a chance in the whole game and the team were slow and ponderous . The squad is paper thin and made of glass, which I fear could cost us dear compared to the bigger teams.
      So many players had poor games, only Laird, Field and Dykes escape any criticism.Dickie and Amos were abysmal, Dickie showing he is now fourth choice, Willock and Chair had poor games and it was not their day.
      Tuesday night now a very important game, need a win to hang in the top 6, then after Coventry we have 4 weeks to get our sick notes fit.
      Full house but atmosphere poor which matched our play.
      Dickie us awful. Ive never seen a quieter centre back in my life. He literally says nothing. No instructions to his teammates, no shouting or trying to gee people up..how was he a captain at Oxford?!!!

He's looks lost and completely disinterested. Dunne needs to start. Get characters in the team who have a bit about them. We need leaders, not fairies.

Comment

Disappointed by our lack of creativity today, in front of such a big crowd as well. I was somewhat relieved that I was unable to go. We simply must do better at home.
        ​Obviously teams have upped their game against us. We've recently made Birmingham and West Brom look like exceptional teams (they're not) and Norwich and Luton had the better of us as well.
        Every thing looked rosy a few weeks back, now we are struggling to create very much at all. We need a result and some goals asap.

Comment

Starting players who are fit and confident helps. Dickie was crap from the first minute and looks all over the place. He's not good enough at the minute and we can't allow him to play his way into form in this league. Amos is another who looked clueless. No idea what he is supposed to be doing but he just wanders around doing f all. Who is reviewing these players performances and saying it's not good enough. Willock wasn't fit to start today and it showed. He was holding back and playing within himself and it was uncomfortable watching him out there.

Think we shoud have gone to a back 3 and pushed laird and paal up to pin them back. We had no width and no one who got on the other side of their back 4. Armstrong suited this type of game yet he was left scratching his #### for 89 mins. Even throw on Thomas for 10 mins if needs be. Don't moan that our players are leggy and only put a second sub on 85 mins and then a third one in the last minute and leave 2 more sat watching. A 1 nil down you need to gamble and beale didn't. If warbs did that last year the fans would have gone mental!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Darkranger View Post
            Disappointed by our lack of creativity today, in front of such a big crowd as well. I was somewhat relieved that I was unable to go. We simply must do better at home.
            ​Obviously teams have upped their game against us. We've recently made Birmingham and West Brom look like exceptional teams (they're not) and Norwich and Luton had the better of us as well.
            Every thing looked rosy a few weeks back, now we are struggling to create very much at all. We need a result and some goals asap.
            Same as last season, we were Brazil til Xmas and Hartlepool from there on in. Come on u Rs!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dono77 View Post
              Starting players who are fit and confident helps. Dickie was crap from the first minute and looks all over the place. He's not good enough at the minute and we can't allow him to play his way into form in this league. Amos is another who looked clueless. No idea what he is supposed to be doing but he just wanders around doing f all. Who is reviewing these players performances and saying it's not good enough. Willock wasn't fit to start today and it showed. He was holding back and playing within himself and it was uncomfortable watching him out there.

Think we shoud have gone to a back 3 and pushed laird and paal up to pin them back. We had no width and no one who got on the other side of their back 4. Armstrong suited this type of game yet he was left scratching his #### for 89 mins. Even throw on Thomas for 10 mins if needs be. Don't moan that our players are leggy and only put a second sub on 85 mins and then a third one in the last minute and leave 2 more sat watching. A 1 nil down you need to gamble and beale didn't. If warbs did that last year the fans would have gone mental!!!
              I kinda agree but we don't have the luxury of strength in depth so players are playing despite not being first choice, I agree subs should have been made earlier but we had a weak bench so it's anybody's guess if that was right or wrong.

Comment

Hi Romford I look forward to your match review whenever we play as you say it as it is.
                as I live on the west coast of Ireland it is great to read your account of the match from a fans point . Keep up the good work much appreciated.

Comment

We have to be thankful to the woodwork at Norwich for the last minute escape, otherwise it would of been a third straight defeat. No goals scored is a big worry. Dykes is going through it again. Score four/five goals in three/four games, than go on a ten games without one! Need a goalscorer badly in January. A loan will do if we manage to send Roberts or Richards back.

Comment

Can't blame Dykes. He doesn't get any decent service. Not one cross for him to get onto yesterday and he had 2 men marking him for 90 mins. He needs help and we didn't provide him with any yesterday.

Bigger worry is that we have become so reliant on chair or willock to provide that spark that the rest just stand and watch. Iroegbunam did well in fairness. At least he tries to carry the ball forwards.

Comment

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
                      We have to be thankful to the woodwork at Norwich for the last minute escape, otherwise it would of been a third straight defeat. No goals scored is a big worry. Dykes is going through it again. Score four/five goals in three/four games, than go on a ten games without one! Need a goalscorer badly in January. A loan will do if we manage to send Roberts or Richards back.
                      Willock hit the post too

But i take your point, Norwich edged it i think.

Comment

Felt both teams cancelled eachother out in a drab game . Wba set up well and we didn't get thru enough . No service to dykes so can't blame him . . Amos and dozzel both are to weak and favour passing it back to much .Take risks look for the early forward ball . Would like to see Tim iro played further forward . Lack of goals is a worry let's hope we put it right against Huddersfield

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeping Giants View Post

Same as last season, we were Brazil til Xmas and Hartlepool from there on in. Come on u Rs!!
                          That is certainly a worry, we're not at that stage yet, but it might only take a few more poor performances to head that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Dono77 View Post
                            Can't blame Dykes. He doesn't get any decent service. Not one cross for him to get onto yesterday and he had 2 men marking him for 90 mins. He needs help and we didn't provide him with any yesterday.

Bigger worry is that we have become so reliant on chair or willock to provide that spark that the rest just stand and watch. Iroegbunam did well in fairness. At least he tries to carry the ball forwards.
                            Agree sertvice to Dykes is too random. With Tim Ireoegbunam my concern is that we are geteting him battle worn for Villa and he knows it.

Comment

Working...
                            X