Very worrying.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very worrying.....

Willock and Dieng are key. Reoccurrences of serious injuries don't bode well for our prospects this year, for potential resale value if we don't go up, or for these players careers. Look how we fell apart after Forest last year. It's fingers firmly crossed time.

I’ve prepared myself for bad news on both. Rumours on Willock being out till after the World Cup from various sources and Dieng won’t recover overnight from not being able to kick a ball. Beale couldn’t sub him either because of the 3 phases of play rule so staying on the pitch would have only made it worse unfortunately.

Comment

Dieng hopefully with rest and treat maybe back in November if it’s the same injury

willock if it’s as bad as before I doubt he will be in a shirt before new year fingers cross it’s a mild one and 6 weeks ish,

The schedule of sat, tues, Friday is a huge part away to Bristol then Sheffield not just in game time but then coach trips back is going to induce reoccurring injuries

Comment

If Willock is crocked for several weeks or more you could view the unprecedented, and let's face it unlikely to ever happen again, one-month break for the World Cup as a fantastic piece of luck for us. Maybe the stars are actually aligning in our favour?

That said, to get out of this bleeding League you need players robust enough to deal with a 46-game slog and Willock is looking somewhat brittle and that IS concerning.

Comment

Thankfully both injuries are on different legs to last time. So maybe more optimistic.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
            If Willock is crocked for several weeks or more you could view the unprecedented, and let's face it unlikely to ever happen again, one-month break for the World Cup as a fantastic piece of luck for us. Maybe the stars are actually aligning in our favour?

That said, to get out of this bleeding League you need players robust enough to deal with a 46-game slog and Willock is looking somewhat brittle and that IS concerning.
            Willock made 73 appearances previous 2 seasons. Pretty good. Hopeful of 35+ this season.

Comment

FFS are we waiting for an NHS appointment? That's what's more blo ody worrying. We should of taken him back to our lovely shinny new training ground where the scan could take place. We're run like a football club of the 1920's
              I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Willock is optimistic that his injury isn't bad and Dieng hopes to be playing on Friday. From an article on Newsnow but I'm rubbish with links.

Comment

Ok buff fair point but it is ridiculous that we have to wait 3 days for a basic scan

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                    Ok buff fair point but it is ridiculous that we have to wait 3 days for a basic scan
                    Probably still trying to get past the GP's receptionist

Comment

Surely we dont do scans and assess results?

I would have thought we send players to private consultants for that sort of thing? Do we even have a club doctor or just physios?

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
                        Surely we dont do scans and assess results?

I would have thought we send players to private consultants for that sort of thing? Do we even have a club doctor or just physios?
                        Sheep where have you been all these years?
                        CT and MRI scanner are extremely common in premier League clubs and most would have at least five Ultrasound systems. We need to start thinking big and stop calling the local GPS. We think like a league 2 side still

Comment

Chrissy has been on fire so far this season, and it's a worry , but untill things have been assessed properly, then let's not get into a speculative frenzy, same with Seny, keep calm and wait, world cup is not that far off could be a godsend for us. It really is going to be a season of 2 halves with the world cup scenario in play

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post

Sheep where have you been all these years?
                            CT and MRI scanner are extremely common in premier League clubs and most would have at least five Ultrasound systems. We need to start thinking big and stop calling the local GPS. We think like a league 2 side still
                            I would expect that from premier league teams. But until recently we've been renting a training facility so i just assumed we had a tie up with a medical consultancy snd go down the pay as you go route? Those scanners sound like expensive bits of kit?????

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo
                              We have a Medical and Sports Science Department led by Dr. Imtiaz Ahmad.
                              Oh, i didnt onow that.
                              I assumed we'd be way behind the curve on this. Hopefully we still use the magic bucket of water, sponge and can of ralgex!

Comment

Working...
                              X