Best XI + 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best XI + 7

Assuming all on the squad return to full health, MB has a helluva choice on his hands as to who to start, much less who to include on the bench.

Based on past and current performance, and knowing some adjustments will be made when we play a slew of games in a short period of time, here's my take on the starting 11 and the 7 on the bench.

Starting XI:

Dieng
    Laird Dunne Clark-Salter Paal
    Field
    Amos Johansen
    Willock Chair
    Dykes

Bench:
    Archer
    Dickie
    Irogbenum
    Dozzell
    Richards
    Roberts
    Armstrong

This leaves Adomah, Bonne, Balogun, Kakay, Thomas, Masterson, Niko and Battache fighting for an opening.

Thoughts?

We have to fit irogbenum for his athletism , I like how quick he is and how he gets about the pitch Steff can make way

Comment

I am surprised Albert and Balogun haven’t made the squad.
      I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo

Agree with this, especially Balogun. Not sure he deserves to be dropped for Clarke-Salter.
        Completely agree! Cannot change a back four after 2 x successive clean sheets. Clarke-Salter and Dickie will have to fight to earn their places back in the first team. The way it should be.

Comment

Originally posted by cross it Dave View Post
          I am surprised Albert and Balogun haven’t made the squad.
          At least 4 of those above will be unavailable at any one time due to injury, suspension or being "tired". The schedule between now and WC is insane and ours looks to have been exacerbated by some Friday night TV games too.

This means that they ALL get a look-in at some point I reckon and there's probably little point in pigeon-holing any of them as "1st XI", "subs bench" or "spare part" - it's just "THE SQUAD".

Comment

What a great Day, when you can't decide who to Drop as the Squad looks so Strong, as said gives MB great options with rotation and Subs..

Comment

Bonne, Thomas, Masterson, Niko and Battache need to find new homes in Jan. They're wages are dead money.

Surely getting them out on loan will save us £10k a week that can be used towards another striker. Doubt receiving clubs will pay all their wages but £10k seems a decent percenrage.

Comment

There is a good choice for the boss I agree young Tim needs to be starting, even though he has had a bit of an in and out start, he has shown enough for me, that once he beds in, he will be a tremendous little player for us, I would like to see young legs starting games, the slightly older guys can come in later in games to steady the ship or hopefully protect a lead, but what a different look to the team there is now, exciting times ahead in my opinion

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
                  Bonne, Thomas, Masterson, Niko and Battache need to find new homes in Jan. They're wages are dead money.

Surely getting them out on loan will save us £10k a week that can be used towards another striker. Doubt receiving clubs will pay all their wages but £10k seems a decent percenrage.
                  Totally agree. Too many "senior" players hanging around. I'd add Shopido to list.

Bettache on loan at Aldershot.

Mick Beale seems to add players to 1st team squad when he thinks they're up to it. Sinclair Armstrong and Aaron Drewe listed as 1st team players. I'm hoping Aaron Drewe improves this season, maybe loan to League 1 or 2 in January. Ready for 1st team next season. Maybe Ethan Laird loan gives time for Aaron to develop.

Really happy with Mick Beale as manager, great decision and I think premier league clubs will show interest in him next summer.

Comment

Working...
                  X