Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Striker

Just read matej vydra is available free
    Good player and knows where the goal is. Only 30 years old.
    be a good punt.

One good season at Derby. Most seasons scores 3-5 goals.

This season, we'll be relying on Willock and Chair to score goals.

Comment

Give Bonne run ffs he cant do any worse than Dykes. Bonne is into his last season with us so he has to be motivated to score to find another club next summer. With our attacking flair surely he can get 10 goals, which is better than #### all.

Comment

Strikers need a supply from pacey players on the flanks and also support from midfielders breaking forwards to join them. It's a set-up/formation thing NOT a personnel thing.

It really doesn't matter who played up front for us at Swansea: Dykes, Bonne, Haalland..... they would NOT have scored a goal due to our lack of supporting play for them.

Comment

Originally posted by eam1882 View Post
          Just read matej vydra is available free
          Good player and knows where the goal is. Only 30 years old.
          be a good punt.
          Vydra is currently out with a serious injury until the new year.

https://www.burnleyexpress.net/sport...injury-3724100

Comment

Originally posted by Isleworth116 View Post
            One good season at Derby. Most seasons scores 3-5 goals.

This season, we'll be relying on Willock and Chair to score goals.
            I'll take that post back then.
            I read that he has scored 15 goals a season in three separate seasons.
            that info is a load of old boll cks then.

Comment

It's not as if Dykes is not putting any effort in, because he is, but he is supposed to be an out and out striker, it's his job to score goal, supply issues aside, which has been better lately,, he had missed some out and out sitters in the games so far this season I believe, but who is out there and available for reasonable money, nobody it seems, I still say give Armstrong more starts and game time, I know he's young and green but it can't hurt to give him 3 or 4 games to see if he can cope, there is nothing to lose

Comment

Originally posted by MINCER View Post

Vydra is currently out with a serious injury until the new year.

https://www.burnleyexpress.net/sport...injury-3724100
                Sounds perfect for us! he would fit right in in the treatment room with our other new signings!

Comment

Lets face it , we are stuck with what we've got until January.
                  We pinned all our hopes on getting Cameron Archer from Villa on loan and i think if Villa had'nt had such a bad start to the season we would of got him .
                  I can't see Archer getting much game time at Villa and if they are mid table or above , i'm sure we can get him on loan from January , hopefully we can stay within reach of the playoffs until then .
                  I would start Bonne or Armstrong for a few games , as Dykes is not going to get you goals , his touch is so poor and he has no composure to finish chances .
                  To stand any chance of promotion we need a half decent striker , i know Willock , Chair ,Amos, Roberts etc will score goals but in the tight games like , Blackburn , Swansea and Blackpool that were all 1-0 defeats a good striker will make the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                    Strikers need a supply from pacey players on the flanks and also support from midfielders breaking forwards to join them. It's a set-up/formation thing NOT a personnel thing.

It really doesn't matter who played up front for us at Swansea: Dykes, Bonne, Haalland..... they would NOT have scored a goal due to our lack of supporting play for them.
                    Suspect Haaland might have put away a couple of Dykes’ chances…

Comment

It is very concerning to me that we didn't bring in at least one goal scorer, I appreciate the work Dykes puts in but as others have said he is being paid to score and that isn't really happening, maybe Bonne can help out but if we don't get production from this position it could be a long season!
                      @gatorTFC

Comment

Andy Carroll till new year?
                        Same type of player as Dykes. Might be able to teach him a thing or two.
                        Or as I posted in another thread play Bonne!

Comment

Originally posted by eam1882 View Post

I'll take that post back then.
                          I read that he has scored 15 goals a season in three separate seasons.
                          that info is a load of old boll cks then.
                          To be fair, he has scored 15 goals in three seasons. Most seasons though 3-5 goals.

I want strikers scoring regularly, say 1 in 3 games rather than 4 in 2 games then not scoring for 10 games in row.

Comment

Be interesting to know who the striker was we were supposedly very close to signing was?

Also, how did we run out of time when we had a 2 hour extension available to use? Surely if we were as close as Mick suggested then we could have got it done?

Anyway, pointless debate now as it's done.

Comment

After we have been giving poor old Lyndon a beasting, you just know he's going to bang in a couple against Huddersfield on Saturday !! Karma is a b itch

Comment

Working...
                              X