The main problem at QPR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The main problem at QPR

It's dawned on me the main problem with Queens Park Rangers.
    It's us!! The supporters.
    We expect the team to win week in week out.
    We expect a playoff place secured after 46 games

We expect PROMOTION!

We have to ACCEPT that the football team is not able to live up to these expectations.
    We have to accept a football team in the 2nd tier of national football who will bloody the nose of a big club gunning for promotion, but for us it's the odd cup run and comfortable mid table finishes.
    We just have to accept this league is our Premier league

Annnnddd reeeeeeeeeelaaaaaxx.........

Btw Mick has been talking to Gerrard about borrowing some players, and there might be something happening.

Heard Mick on Talksport this morning said he's trying his luck at villa

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
      Archer and Iroegbun hopefully or a decent left back

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
        That's it mate, same here

Comment

Completely agree with you Dave we have to realise we’ve been left behind on all fronts by our neighbours and a lot of other clubs , not much to be positive about tbh , nothing coming from the youth set up and no money for any decent signings , not getting to depressed though as things are normally cyclical and we will come good again , just need to get out house in order and cement our position in the 2nd tier , no delusions of grandeur .

Comment

But that doesn't explain why say, Luton can reach the playoffs does it?

It's completely reasonable for us to expect to have top 6 aspirations in a division with teams like Blackpool, Rotherham, Wigan, Preston, Blackburn, Millwall, Reading, Luton, Birmingham, Bristol City, Swansea, Cardiff and such like.

Given it's a division where "anyone can beat anyone" I'm simply not having it that all we can expect is to lose loads of game and finish 17th or something - it doesn't make sense.

I remain confident we can finish this season in top 6 - I'm not chucking the towel in or settling for some facile 3-year building towards it nonsense.

Comment

Great Expectations, but of the teams you mentioned we have already lost to 2 of them and drawn with another , so far we haven’t played anyone who is likely to be In the top 6 , I’m sorry but I’m not getting any encouragement from my club that things will change in a hurry , in fact I reckon the board and owners are not backing the manager , as much as he was promised, we will go on a good run and some bad runs but MB needs help ,

Comment

Where do I start, spending the first 85 years of our 140 years existence in the 3rd division or lower, not many fans, a small ground with very little identity as a football club, the admin side of the club was probably run on a shoe string.

I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrod67 View Post
                  Great Expectations, but of the teams you mentioned we have already lost to 2 of them and drawn with another , so far we haven’t played anyone who is likely to be In the top 6 , I’m sorry but I’m not getting any encouragement from my club that things will change in a hurry , in fact I reckon the board and owners are not backing the manager , as much as he was promised, we will go on a good run and some bad runs but MB needs help ,
                  Exactly,.... similar to what I was going to post.
                  We've taken 1pt from a possible 9 against 3 of those teams.
                  As abs quoted anyone can beat anyone, so we shouldn't be expecting to beat or finish above any of those.
                  Just watch Preston snap up Archer over us and then expect to finish above them.

Just got to be happy not playing Cheltenham or Wycombe or Fleetwood etc etc

Comment

Sneaking into the top 6 is not out of reach now and then.

If we can get there we just need to treat the play off games as a cup competition - OH ####!

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
                      Sneaking into the top 6 is not out of reach now and then.

If we can get there we just need to treat the play off games as a cup competition - OH ####!

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post

Hopefully we will being playing Vauxhall Motors at Wembley….wait a minute.
                        I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Ill take a reverse of last season please, iffy work up to Christmas then a storming second half to finish, I don't see any club running away with it like the fools did last year, Blackburn have started well but don't see them sustaining it for the whole season, it's still early days relatively speaking, I have been busy and away on holiday so haven't seen much, but the impression I get from what I have heard and read is we are knocking on the door in every game so far, so no need to despair yet, MB is obviously looking to bring more in if he can, so it's a case of wait and see, and back to the original point, yes us fans at QPR do have high expectations, but this is not a new thing, it's been the same as long as I have supported the club, there have been more lows than highs, but boy do we love those highs!!

Comment

For me it's so much abut the winning, as being able to turn up at Loftus road and witness flair, majic moments and a game that makes me want to return again and again.

Comment

Working...
                            X