Johansen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Johansen

We are only four games in and, like most I hope, retain a healthy sense of optimism about the season. When the injured become healthy, this could be a helluva club.

With that said, SJ is again looking like he did the second half of last season. Generally slow, back passing, and overrun by opposing midfielders, his style of play depresses the pace and skill around him. SJ's solid on direct kicks (as is Chair) but believe others like Roberts or Dozzell can be pressed into that role.

Believe we may just be misplaying him. Instead of starting SJ every game, why not open with a faster, more offense-minded lineup (that would include Amos and Richards when they finally come out of the medical tent), then sub in SJ in the latter part of games when we are out to protect the lead?

Agree entirely up until the point you bring him on to protect a lead.

Do everything you said except bring him on.

100% during the Blackpool game the team were avoiding giving him the ball.

I am pretty shocked that a player as good as he was has turned into this much of a liability.

Comment

Originally posted by topperharley View Post

I am pretty shocked that a player as good as he was has turned into this much of a liability.
      This exactly

Comment

Originally posted by Qprtanpa1 View Post
        We are only four games in and, like most I hope, retain a healthy sense of optimism about the season. When the injured become healthy, this could be a helluva club.

With that said, SJ is again looking like he did the second half of last season. Generally slow, back passing, and overrun by opposing midfielders, his style of play depresses the pace and skill around him. SJ's solid on direct kicks (as is Chair) but believe others like Roberts or Dozzell can be pressed into that role.

Believe we may just be misplaying him. Instead of starting SJ every game, why not open with a faster, more offense-minded lineup (that would include Amos and Richards when they finally come out of the medical tent), then sub in SJ in the latter part of games when we are out to protect the lead?
        You are having a laugh pal.
        I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

I pray he's only in the team bcos of injuries to willock, Amos and Richards , play passes him by and he has no engine . He has no recovery , it's sad but it comes to us all

Comment

Originally posted by topperharley View Post

Making him captain was a huge mistake. Its like he has to be picked once you have given him the armband. Its harder to drop the captain. That said, I would still drop him. Guy is becoming the weak link. Most opposition managers must be telling their teams to target stef and his lack of mobility and to put him under pressure cos he can't keep hold of the ball. Embarrassing really.

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
              I pray he's only in the team bcos of injuries to willock, Amos and Richards , play passes him by and he has no engine . He has no recovery , it's sad but it comes to us all
              But he's only 31 and isnt carrying any weight. Everyone is different, but Uncle is 34 and still has that acceleration but accept he's an impact sub.

Surely SJ should still be able to take a player on?

Comment

Something has to give - we can't keep carrying him in games. Once everyone's fit (does that EVER actually happen????) I can't see how he gets a start.

Aside from his lack of zip he's not fulfilling the role of experienced motivational on-field leader of men like say, Clint Hill or Shaun Derry did. You'd think he'd be ideal for the role given his age and experience.

Comment

Once Amos or Richards are back he will be dropped (save for the fact I have seen very little of Richards - I just trust Beale's words that he is a great addition)

I have never been a fan of Dozzell but I think he has taken steps this season and I would play him ahead of Johansen when the first injured midfielder returns. I think Field has to revert to his previous role, using Amos, Richards and Dozell further up the pitch.

The only concern is that not playing Johansen reduces the chance he will find his old himself. We know he is a top notch player at this level if he can replicate the form he had during the loan spell. He is not that old, so the reason he is a shadow of himself is not that age has caught up with him.

Comment

Originally posted by QPROslo View Post
                    Once Amos or Richards are back he will be dropped (save for the fact I have seen very little of Richards - I just trust Beale's words that he is a great addition)

I have never been a fan of Dozzell but I think he has taken steps this season and I would play him ahead of Johansen when the first injured midfielder returns. I think Field has to revert to his previous role, using Amos, Richards and Dozell further up the pitch.

The only concern is that not playing Johansen reduces the chance he will find his old himself. We know he is a top notch player at this level if he can replicate the form he had during the loan spell. He is not that old, so the reason he is a shadow of himself is not that age has caught up with him.
                    Perhaps we could send him out on loan?

Comment

Originally posted by QPROslo View Post

Respectfully disagree , You can lose your pace at any age . Training can become.harder as you get older . My brother played to a decent standard for a vets team til he was 60 , I was done by the time I was 30 . Played the odd game but something was always pulled or strained .
                      some players go longer than others it can be just luck . Doesn't matter what's wrong with our captain all that matters is the game is passing him by

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                        Respectfully disagree , You can lose your pace at any age . Training can become.harder as you get older . My brother played to a decent standard for a vets team til he was 60 , I was done by the time I was 30 . Played the odd game but something was always pulled or strained .
                        some players go longer than others it can be just luck . Doesn't matter what's wrong with our captain all that matters is the game is passing him by
                        Out of you and your brother, who was the one that drank too much, had too many take-aways, enjoyed a ciggie and was a tad over weight?

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Out of you and your brother, who was the one that drank too much, had too many take-aways, enjoyed a ciggie and was a tad over weight?

I had s body like the Portuguese Ronaldo when I played

Comment

Working...
                          X