On my way home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KismetRanger View Post
    Stefan surely can’t play many more minutes, wasn’t a mistake he was hooked, spent minutes either playing negative balls, standing still or just standing 5 years behind the game. #### poor and funny that one the ball was able to get forward we looked a lot better. Dozelll better second half once he was out the way.
    May be spelling mistake but your assessment that SJ is "5 years behind behind the game" is very apt.

Comment

We gotta play 2 up front,
      steph is so negative in his play constantly sideways or backwards passing, he is supposed to be captain, don't see what he does to warrant it.
      ​​​​it.make dunne captain. at least he shows spirit.
      Build up play is so slow can't stand it.
      transfer window still open,
      Get bowler back,looks good player.
      as for 2 strikers up front for Saturday what about sinclair and bonne.

Comment

Ok the positives

Laird showed some real promise
        Armstrong showed more in his time on the pitch than I’ve seen from Dykes in his time here
        Roberts has that big of creativity we get from willock
        Dickie stepping out from the back showed the midfield what was needed but none attempted to come forward and show some intensity

negatives
        Dykes the guy tried but he’s not good enough and never will be
        Midfield it is so slow yep Amos and richards are to come back but it’s woeful sadly the captain did win the ball only for dykes to fluff his lines again Dozzell was better once SJ went off but he does nothing for way too long
        the High tempo Beale wants er it’s like Groundhog Day

willock or anyone sellable may have to go however we probably got just about a handful that are worth anything

we got another tough game Saturday teams that come up normally do well against us Armstrong has to start if we had taken chances the game could of been over by ht however we didn’t and end up playing catch up yet again

Comment

Have to agree with others. This looks more like a Warburton team. Slow, ponderous and not difficult to play against. We always have decent amount of possession but do nothing much with it so not a problem to the other team.

I just don't get why we are set up like this. We have a mainly young squad which should be full of energy. What is it with all the sideways and back passing? We should be playing far more directly and with pace, stretching the other side. Attacking the ball, getting the ball into the box. No point tippy tappy looking for that killer ball and never finding it. I do wonder if we played more positively and directly if we would see more from the likes of Chair and Dykes. Don't think we can expect an awful lot when so much of the action takes place nowhere near them.

We have potential to cause problems going forward, need to start exploiting that. If it doesn't work we won't have lost anything much as I can only see us struggling to win games with current set up.

Comment

Originally posted by eam1882 View Post
            We gotta play 2 up front,
            steph is so negative in his play constantly sideways or backwards passing, he is supposed to be captain, don't see what he does to warrant it.
            ​​​​it.make dunne captain. at least he shows spirit.
            Build up play is so slow can't stand it.
            transfer window still open,
            Get bowler back,looks good player.
            as for 2 strikers up front for Saturday what about sinclair and bonne.
            I find it so frustrating to watch earn.
            Bowler really is a good player

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
              Have to agree with others. This looks more like a Warburton team. Slow, ponderous and not difficult to play against. We always have decent amount of possession but do nothing much with it so not a problem to the other team.

I just don't get why we are set up like this. We have a mainly young squad which should be full of energy. What is it with all the sideways and back passing? We should be playing far more directly and with pace, stretching the other side. Attacking the ball, getting the ball into the box. No point tippy tappy looking for that killer ball and never finding it. I do wonder if we played more positively and directly if we would see more from the likes of Chair and Dykes. Don't think we can expect an awful lot when so much of the action takes place nowhere near them.

We have potential to cause problems going forward, need to start exploiting that. If it doesn't work we won't have lost anything much as I can only see us struggling to win games with current set up.
              Agree fox, every word mate

Comment

If Willock does end up going, then for me Bowler would be an ideal replacement.

Comment

I thought Dozzell was alright, Field too. SJ and Chair were the weak links that bought eff all to the table. Amos and Willock instead of those two would have made for a far more solid and dynamic midfield I think.
                  I reckon we have the pieces, Beale needs to start fielding the right ones (subject to injury of course).

Comment

But we are still a work in progress and 3-5-2 should be our main formation imo.
                    QPR
                    Best team in the world
                    Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                      I thought Dozzell was alright, Field too. SJ and Chair were the weak links that bought eff all to the table. Amos and Willock instead of those two would have made for a far more solid and dynamic midfield I think.
                      I reckon we have the pieces, Beale needs to start fielding the right ones (subject to injury of course).
                      I too thought Dozzell did alright, and Field does the job he is good at.
                      I think Illias is better without SJ on the pitch, did he play a different position or role I don't know, but he started carrying the ball.
                      Why aren't we running at defences with the ball more?

Comment

We didnt teally stretch their defence until Armstrong came on. The oace he played at was perfect for 30mins but he wouodnt be able to maintain that for thr full 90. At a young age I csnt see him playing the lone striker for 90mins. Still a bench player for now unless we play him alongside Dykes, which mighr ne sn option until our other midfielders get fit.

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                          Would it help if Sj played in a more attacking position? In a way, I think so.
                          it would help if he played for someone else, then we could use the £18,000 a week on someone who can actually run faster than me
                          I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

OP spot on as always.

I think I saw players actively looking to avoid passing to Stef.

The fact our midfield improved when a striker was put on in place of Stef says alot about his contribution.

I don't think we need a horrible nasty midfielder, we just need to get the ball forward with intent.

Put Amos in the side last night and it's a different game. Encouraged that we are getting balls in, Laird had a great debut in my opinion (considering time with the squad). We just can;t finish. Dykes is snatching again and Sinclair is too keen. He will be a force to be reckoned with very soon, he is 110% a player and they hype is real. So close to an equaliser and the power of the lad is unreal, great presence, good runs, exciting.

Real issue here is Stef, and LWB. Paal has not impressed me once. Stef is universally agreed to be the worst player on the pitch every game. I think with the attacking options we have we don;t need a striker as much as we need these two roles sorted out. Amos coming back will be a big lift, and we do need to get Dozzel consistent, or look for some midfield cover. sort the LWB position either bringing Paal on or bringing someone else in and MB is close to having a bloody good team.

Comment

Originally posted by topperharley View Post
                              OP spot on as always.

I think I saw players actively looking to avoid passing to Stef.

The fact our midfield improved when a striker was put on in place of Stef says alot about his contribution.

I don't think we need a horrible nasty midfielder, we just need to get the ball forward with intent.

Put Amos in the side last night and it's a different game. Encouraged that we are getting balls in, Laird had a great debut in my opinion (considering time with the squad). We just can;t finish. Dykes is snatching again and Sinclair is too keen. He will be a force to be reckoned with very soon, he is 110% a player and they hype is real. So close to an equaliser and the power of the lad is unreal, great presence, good runs, exciting.

Real issue here is Stef, and LWB. Paal has not impressed me once. Stef is universally agreed to be the worst player on the pitch every game. I think with the attacking options we have we don;t need a striker as much as we need these two roles sorted out. Amos coming back will be a big lift, and we do need to get Dozzel consistent, or look for some midfield cover. sort the LWB position either bringing Paal on or bringing someone else in and MB is close to having a bloody good team.

You did see players avoiding passing to him, 5-10 minutes into second half
                              I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Originally posted by cross it Dave View Post

You did see players avoiding passing to him, 5-10 minutes into second half
                                Yeah thought so. Embarrassing.

Comment

Working...
                                X