Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

£36 for an away fan coming to Loftus Road this season.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The way we're playing this season I'd be more worried about the home prices!
    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

We are under strict financial constraints. Everybody knows this. We need to look at every opportunity to increase revenue. If we charge £36 to away supporters, I suppose it is because the club thinks this is the right balance between price and number of tickets sold. If it costs £100 for a round trip from lets say Norwich to Loftus Rd, the ticket is just a third of the total cost. I believe the number of fans that would come if the price dropped to £30, meaning £94 for the round-trip in stead of £100, would be more or less the same. I think the only thing that holds the club back from increasing it further is that it won't be seen as too greedy.

Ticket revenue means very little to Premier League clubs, so we cannot compare with Premier League.

Comment

But we're a "boutique" club don't you know.......

People should be happy to pay more to visit the Bush.

Comment

Well as of this morning they've sold 359 tickets (tickets come off sale at 4pm). I look forward to the magnificent sight of a 85% empty Ellerslie Road Stand tomoz and a cracking electric atmosphere!

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
            Well as of this morning they've sold 359 tickets (tickets come off sale at 4pm). I look forward to the magnificent sight of a 85% empty Ellerslie Road Stand tomoz and a cracking electric atmosphere!
            Did you mean the School End.
            I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
              Says it all doesnt it.

Comment

Hull city owners have just said that they will be paying for coaches from MKM stadium to Loftus Road for all their fans to offset ticket prices.

Comment

Originally posted by cross it Dave View Post

Did you mean the School End.
                  Ooops. Senior moment!

Comment

And Ellerslie ?

Keep up that man.

Comment

Away end holds 3,018 so they can safely socially distance if they want

Comment

The finger can be pointed at the train companies more than our match tickets being overpriced by £8-10. We can point the finger at Putin for the price of fuel. Not sure why the club should take a hit. I very much doubt if £25 match tickets would sway too many more to come based on the other costs.

How many away fans actually travel though? Best most thst attend HQ live down south.
                        Last edited by SheepRanger; 20-08-2022, 12:17 AM.

Comment

Rotherham were never going to bring over 1k but if the club just priced all adult tickets at 27:50 then we may have shifted double what they will bring. No atmosphere tomorrow then. Shame. May aswell open up bottom of school end and offer 15 quid tickets for on the day for home fans only.

Comment

The ticketing situation at QPR has always been a shambles, tried to get 6 tickets for some family and friends for today, gave up in the end. When was close to purchasing tickets, card machine wasn't working. Told to come back in 1 hour
                            Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

QPR slammed for 'out of touch' ticket prices for Reading FC televised clash at Loftus Road

Jon @jonreading35

"Think it’s time we started charging the away fans the same amount we charge them and see how they like it 36 quid is too much 20 is plenty fans will soon stop going when the cost of living goes up again!!"

https://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/f...ng-fc-24940721

Comment

I don't go to away games so I have no point of reference, £36 does seem a bit excessive, but when I phoned the box office for my tickets for Stoke game, I think the first price I was quoted for your 2 tickets was around £65ish, told them I was a member and the tickets were senior, bought it down to £46 , Inc booking fees, so we are charging our casual fans, under 61,who maybe come 3/4 times a season not too far off of the price away fans pay, the moral is, get old quick and get a membership!!

Comment

Working...
                                X