Chalton Match Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Harrow QPR View Post
    Sheep i think you are getting mixed up , the EFL Trophy is league 1 and 2 clubs plus Prem under 21 teams.
    I think the league (carabao) cup is the same as the fa cup you are supposed to play full available strength
    Its all irrelevant anyway because most clubs don't play full strength sides bar probably Man city and Chelsea which is why they nearly always get in the final.
    Seems i am confused as the one i mentioned was the RFL Trophy Papa Johns Leyland Daff thing????

The EFL Cup is the League Cup (Carabao) and youre right Rule 6.5 does say full strength.

https://www.efl.com/carabao-cup/abou...--regulations/

I do find this odd then because teams clearly do not play their full strength teams but are not fined when breaching it. If they want clubs to treat it seriously they must increase the prize money. Its a loss making competition for the vast majority unless you draw a bigger team.

Comment

It used to be a big cup I still remember that night at Highbury in the semi . Villa beat us 3 nil in the 3rd game .

Comment

With many of the big teams fielding their u23's or fringe players, it can be a chance for our likes to smell success. By keep degrading the importance if this competition, we are only lessen the only triumph we made in the club history.

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
          It used to be a big cup I still remember that night at Highbury in the semi . Villa beat us 3 nil in the 3rd game .
          We've had loads of great nights in the league cup on and off the pitch.
          There was always more excitement in the cup competitions for us because we were never likely to win the first division , also playing new teams from different divisions and taking big followings away in the later rounds made for some brilliant nights.

Comment

Working...
          X