Injuries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Injuries

Clarke-Salter, Richards and Armstrong were all missing today due to injury, I can only assume Roberts was also...Richards may be out for 2 months. We do tend to get more than our share of injuries.

Originally posted by Sleeping Giants View Post
    Clarke-Salter, Richards and Armstrong were all missing today due to injury, I can only assume Roberts was also...Richards may be out for 2 months. We do tend to get more than our share of injuries.
    IF Richards is out for 2 months, it’s a waste of a loan and he should be sent back to his own club, same as Roberts! Our squad is small enough, we cannot afford to carry passengers. At least if we reacted at this early stage, we could potentially get a replacement in for each that would be fit to play? Hopefully!

Comment

Richards is out until after the International break. Do you really think it is worth sending someone back when according to contracts signed we still have to pay an agreed loan fee. If the squad is small then spending money on players who aren't here seems pretty daft. That's why loan players sign contracts.

Comment

We must be top of the league with signing injury prone players, don't we check their injury record before we take the plunge in signing them.

Comment

At least Richards was in the squad for Blackburn. Think Roberts might end up being a play in 1 miss another 3 type player. Hope I'm wrong but our squad isn't big enough to carry 3/4 injury prone players.

Not saying these will are going to be in that bracket but jcs has a hamstring strain, his injury record isn't the best. Roberts has history of thigh problems and had missed a fair amount of games through injury. Lets hope dykes/dunne stay fit as we cant get into a masterson/gubbins scenario anytime soon.

Comment

Originally posted by lincoln ranger View Post

IF Richards is out for 2 months, it’s a waste of a loan and he should be sent back to his own club, same as Roberts! Our squad is small enough, we cannot afford to carry passengers. At least if we reacted at this early stage, we could potentially get a replacement in for each that would be fit to play? Hopefully!
            Beale confirmed that Richards is a loan with an obligation to buy in the summer, so he's technically our player.

Just sums up our luck at the moment. Only had one injury in his career so hopefully he recovers well.

Tyler injured his thigh at Leeds last season and that's the only injury he's had during his career. Was it a reoccurrence when he signed here? Could be a worry, although he's fit again now, so fingers crossed.

JCS has had quite a few during his career lasting around a month but the worst being a calf injury which lasted 153 days. Been fully fit since 19/20 though.

Comment

All injuries are a faff and inconvenience to the side but we seem to get our fair share of bad ones.

Roberts hopefully playing v charlton along with Armstrong

Weve not got the largest squad out there so can I’ll afford injured players however ever side at some point will get them

just gotta get on with it

Comment

Due to injuries and failure to fully recruit, we now effectively have only one RB and one LB. Kakay is a decent fill-in, but Niko just refuses to bother with getting his jersey dirty.

What’s the latest on Dujon Sterling? Danny MacNamera?

And when will we know the status re Paal and Clarke-Salter?

Comment

We seem to have been on the verge of signing a right back for 4 weeks now. Yet still no one is in the building. We are about to play our 4th game of the season yet only have kakay and that useless left back to pick for sat. What exactly are the board doing?? Playing wordle or acting signing players to back up the manager??

Comment

Agree with the frustration in the last post. Assume we have not been able to land a deal that works for both us and the selling club. Really like this Dujon Sterling player from Chelsea. Seems like he could move right into the lineup. Wonder what's holding that one up. As for LB, Niko just doesn't have it at this level. Seems to almost be going through the motions. Would start one of our youngies there for Sunderland, even though they may not be a natural left footer.

Comment

There is the possibility that Beale has the skill and talent to improve players? Warburton was an abject failure on that front and actually seemed to dismantle players and set them backwards.

I have been a vociferous critic of Kakay and have wanted him out the door for at least 18 months. However, my impression is that he has looked a lot steadier and dare I say it, solid, in the admittedly small number of games he's had under Beale. He suddenly looks like a strong confident athletic footballer and I'll be pleased as punch if I need to scoff some humble pie.

Hammeleinen seems a lost cause but who knows... maybe a bit more of Beale's magic will fire the lad up to become a part of a vibrant exciting set of players we send out each Saturday?

Comment

Nico looks good technically. Has a good left foot, however, he looks scared and paronoid when playing. Maybe all the names and insults he receive regularly effects him? I assume it do.

Comment

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
                          Nico looks good technically. Has a good left foot, however, he looks scared and paronoid when playing. Maybe all the names and insults he receive regularly effects him? I assume it do.
                          He's 24 not 17. He's not good enough to be a professional footballer let alone one at this level. You can't give a player guts or desire. He has neither. Hides every time we have the ball. Waste of a shirt. Look at kakay. Lacks ability but that lad would run through a brick wall for qpr. Niko wouldn't even bother getting out of the blocks.

Hes a grown man. He's had enough chances at our club and I wish we could just pay him off. The fact we have not one other left back at our club that isn't rated any better than this lad is more worrying.

Comment

If these players weren't injury prone then, like Field, we would never be able to afford them and the players we could would all be of Nico's standard.. Plus please like every forum on the planet please don't mention we should be looking for young, hungry players

Comment

Had a good look at Nico at Charlton he's dire . Lack of awareness and desire stand out . One of his tackles seemed to be in slow motion and he fouled . Should be no where near the first team

Comment

Working...
                              X