England

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by longtime_ranger View Post
    We are real men and not any namby pamby nonsense. Women know your place !!!!

What load of old dinosaurs you all are or pretend to be.

The quality was clear to see

This was probably the first game in the tournament where the naive enjoyment of the game was taken over by a few cynical fouls so clearly soon the women's game will change

I think there will be a lot more interest in the women's game in this country which is all well and good and very 21st century.

Great to see the girls win and she was not sure to take her top off or not !!!

But seriously it has been a fantastic tournament from England and even old dinosaurs can admit financially and marketing wise it has been a great success

Men saying crap to have women commentators, so all of your good ladies i am assuming are in the bedroom.and the kitchen !!!!

Clearly its not going be on the level of the mens winning the cup but I think men who criticising and belittling pretending to be big testorene animals when perhaps they doubt they are

Well done to the girls i say and a qpr fan scoring the winner clearly was always destined to be !!!!!
    Stupid post, BBC are bigging up womens football as if on par with mens, it’s not and never will be, come the start of the season
    womens game will mostly be watched by a few hundred people, nothing to do with men being dinosaurs, the product they are all going ott about is mostly crap

Comment

Any big football match in a pub the women turn up with their faces painted scretching in my ear every time a player gets within 25 yards of the goal. Back to a normal game and they're no where to be seen.

I did a bit of research and Man City v Man Utd got an attendance of 5,000. Man City's lowest attendance was 1,100

I hope this win can develop the club game beyond selling tickets for £10 and they can get averages attendances up to 10,000. But I suspect that is many years away and it won't be me going. I didn't watch any of this tournament.

It will be like men's rugby. They all turn up for England games but there aren't many thst have any interest in going to watch the likes of Bath, Harlequins etc.

Comment

Like it or not, the women's game will only get bigger and bigger, money will start to pile in now, it will probably never match the mens game, but it's here to stay and it will get more and more TV exposure,

Comment

Originally posted by KevC59 View Post
          Like it or not, the women's game will only get bigger and bigger, money will start to pile in now, it will probably never match the mens game, but it's here to stay and it will get more and more TV exposure,
          Womens Football has come a Long way, as has their Boxing, I am the Anti Woke but well done to them for the Win, now back to me Man Stuff.

Comment

It's going to have an impact.

To be fair, if the women's game gets greater support and attendances increase to levels over 15k for WSL games, let's hope so.

Watched the game in a sports bar near me and there were a lot of women there, nearly 50%, normally for mens games there us almost zero.

Appreciate its a massive game.

But yes it will be bigged up by the media so that will have an impact.

Its not a bad thing, just different.

Comment

My granddaughter plays & I go & watch her, great fun & there are some talented girls out there

Comment

Well done to them.

However have to say for me that despite all the OTT hype I cannot really understand why it would interest anyone much beyond friends and relatives of those taking part.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                  You modern day men are not for me kev. It's women's football I see no reason to watch or even attempt to enjoy it. They've taken over our punditry and now this. Deary me, glad my partner hates football
                  Always Knew you was A real Man, Show us your Muscles.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post

Too much ######## in one post.
                    I don't want some woman screeching down a microphone to try and bring intensity to her comms.

I am thankful that the women out there tonight are real menstruating women and not a load of blokes with tackled removed ( probably something else a real modern femine aware man like you supports)
                    It's awful, as is bombarding the men's game with female comms and Co comms and bending a knee for racists
                    spot on Dave and very well said!
                    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Are the negative comments on here for real? If so, wake up - your country just won you a major tournament which can create more interest for football in general and the women`s game in particular.
                      Don`t fancy you daughters enjoying a sport now recognised almost worldwide.
                      Bottomline: "Shame on you".
                      QPR
                      Best team in the world
                      Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                        Are the negative comments on here for real? If so, wake up - your country just won you a major tournament which can create more interest for football in general and the women`s game in particular.
                        Don`t fancy you daughters enjoying a sport now recognised almost worldwide.
                        Bottomline: "Shame on you".
                        Only time will tell whether the women who supported England will be bothered to support their local club or if it was just a good day out. Watching football in winter is a pretty cold experience and they won't have radiators to hug!

I suspect most women will go back to other sports like International Ironing, World Cup Cake Making or just getting ####ed on Proseco whilst they do lunch after a good day out at the shops with the girls.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Only time will tell whether the women who supported England will be bothered to support their local club or if it was just a good day out. Watching football in winter is a pretty cold experience and they won't have radiators to hug!

I suspect most women will go back to other sports like International Ironing, World Cup Cake Making or just getting ####ed on Proseco whilst they do lunch after a good day out at the shops with the girls.

Oh well - I tried) A funny answer though
                          QPR
                          Best team in the world
                          Sort of

Comment

I notice Women's World Cup is next year In Australia/New Zealand. This will be rather annoying for BBC, the most accessible GMT kick-off time will be something like 10:00am but that assumes The KOs are skewed for a Euro audience and NOT an American audience. Simple fact is, a lot of games will be airing in the dead of night.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post

Oh well - I tried) A funny answer though
                                Women in this country hate the cold and for that reason alone attendances will never be huge. It may become better supported on TV but that's about it. Unless they make it a summer league which will avoid clashes with the men's game too.

Ticket prices are cheap, or free, just to get people into the stadiums! But playing girls football at local level is getting bigger all the time and that will improve the quality at all professional clubs.

It will have its niche supporters, but......brrrr its cold out there!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X