Warburton out brigade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warburton out brigade

I hope all the warburton out brigade are as vocal and stick to there guns about sacking him when this season plays out, he did an unreal job for us and we are about to find that out the hard way this season…

I was clear that he should have stayed. We dropped a very experienced manager. The squad adjustments we've seen this summer would still have happened had Warbs been here. To suggest that Warbs and his team couldn't coach players is laughable.

Comment

Warbs had to go the team had given up , every time we went behind in the 2nd half of the season the heads dropped. Warbs had no answers

Comment

Originally posted by Qpr33 View Post
        I hope all the warburton out brigade are as vocal and stick to there guns about sacking him when this season plays out, he did an unreal job for us and we are about to find that out the hard way this season…
        I am glad he's gone and i am sure that Beale will be a better manager in the long term.

Comment

Warburton did an incredible job of turning the club around and will always be remembered for that - but if you just went on the 2nd half of the season it did seem he ran out of a plan. admittedly we had a shed load of injuries to deal with but the team that ended the season was unrecognisable from the pre christmas team and he ha to take the rap for that.

Football is a results based business and last season we found ourselves in a position that was way beyond the clubs expectations that for what ever reason Warburton was unable capitalise on.

Comment

I stand by my original comment the 2nd half of the season wasn’t good last year but that’s he level we are at with the backing the managers receive warburton massively over achieved the first half of last season, the fans suddenly thought we were a top side in the division due to this, reality is about to hit us and as stated above a few people will realise what a job was done last year!

Comment

Originally posted by Qpr33 View Post
              I stand by my original comment the 2nd half of the season wasn’t good last year but that’s he level we are at with the backing the managers receive warburton massively over achieved the first half of last season, the fans suddenly thought we were a top side in the division due to this, reality is about to hit us and as stated above a few people will realise what a job was done last year!
              Yeah sure, I’m delighted he’s gone, just a shame he spent all of £12m doing it and left the new gaffer zilch in transfer funds to sort out the mess.

Comment

Prior to signing Charlie and Stefan on loan, we were in 17th position. We went on great run to end of season, kept it going into last season, eventually running out of steam.

I'm sure most fans were calling for Warburton's sacking prior to Charlie coming back.

We were bang average for most of his time as manager. 1 good year out of 3 years.

Comment

I believe he's now deputy assistant to the assistant deputy coach at West Ham so he's still stealing a living.

Comment

Isn't he a millionaire , football just a hobby

Comment

I did not want him to go but I believe he was got rid off because he had no faith in our youth.

I would have stuck with him and I said changing manager every couple years, it simply means we start again from scratch.

Beale is an interesting left field choice and could be brilliant or could be bang average.

Warburton I would always feel we would be in or around the top ten so there is a chance we could do worse this season under Beale. Ie it takes time to change a culture, mindset etc...

But the decision was made so to go back and say already we are going find out the hard way.

We may or we may not.

I am in agreement with yourself. Can't see any reason to always sack managers every couple years or less but football generally doesn't belong in the real world way of doing things so it is as it is !!!

We will never know what could have been, so no reason to bring it up either.

But you can't make sweeping statements after just one game.

Comment

The last few months of the season think our stats were literally bottom of league. That is more than say a bad month or two.

I would not have been against him staying as overall think he did well over three years but could understand why he was replaced. It was a dramatic collapse rather than something that could be said to be a blip.

In the modern footballing world three years is actually pretty good. Been a long time since Morinho lasted that long in a job for example!

Comment

Just to be clear, he wasn’t ‘sacked’ !
                          Not renewing a contract, isn’t a sacking.

Comment

As above, it's just one game, are we really having this sort of conversation after 90 mins of football, MW was a shot in the arm for this club, but those last 4 months were diabolical, and it was obvious he had 'lost' the dressing room, it's ludicrous to make assumptions about Beale or the team after just a single game. For me the jury will be out until the world cup break , I think that is ample time to iron out the creases, maybe others on here won't be as patient it seems

Comment

Originally posted by Harrow QPR View Post

I am glad he's gone and i am sure that Beale will be a better manager in the long term.
                              ​​​​I've got no gripes either way Beal or Warburton ,a couple of questions how many other championship clubs in our position would have kept Warburton on quite few imo , will Beal be given enough time to do the job long term ? That worries me we don't act like a skint club, we have brought in a much sought after coach to run the club when we hade a much sought after coach that had shown loyalty to the club , I certainly wish Beal well and hope he gets the time to Finnish the rebuilding job , just look a mile up road Brentford would have been well justified in sacking Frank's when he took over first half of the season he could barely get a result

Comment

Working...
                              X