Beale after match comments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beale after match comments

Well I’m not sure he was watching the same game as me , the new signings didn’t shine at all , first touch was poor , crossing was pathetic apart from one , not one shot on target , I got the feeling when they scored that was it , we need willock back asap and some help up front , Armstrong looked useful alongside bonne but dykes was woeful , it felt like a preseason game , chair was clearly frustrated, we just didn’t move the ball quick enough , dozzel always looking backwards , nobody deserves more than a 6 in my opinion , just don’t see much change in style yet after breadman hopefully we can get a couple in to
    help but not optimistic we can finish top half

What happened to the high intensity style he promised I wonder? I expected us on full throttle from the off.......?

Comment

Mr Beale is about to learn what it is to be QPR manager.
      Rangers might be a small even insignificant football club compared to big Premier league clubs.
      But this fanbase is quite possibly one of the hardest to please.
      He only needs to spend five minutes on the Internet to learn that.
      He must get it right and quickly, I hope the board haven't let him down.
      There will be fans baying for blood by the end of August if the play doesn't get better

Comment

I hope not Dave, yes, we are a hard bunch to please , always have been, we know how we like our football played, and we expect maximum effort at all times.
        I said elsewhere earlier, that I would try to keep calm until the world cup break, see how we are by then, just give it a decent amount of time to get things sorted, or not, as the case may be, before erecting any scaffolding for the hangman

Comment

Originally posted by KevC59 View Post
          I hope not Dave, yes, we are a hard bunch to please , always have been, we know how we like our football played, and we expect maximum effort at all times.
          I said elsewhere earlier, that I would try to keep calm until the world cup break, see how we are by then, just give it a decent amount of time to get things sorted, or not, as the case may be, before erecting any scaffolding for the hangman
          If we had lost that today 2-0 but had created half a dozen chances there would be no complaints on here tonight.
          Or very few but the problem was Dykes on his own was seen before ko as a continuation of last season.
          And it turns out that way.
          I just hope beale wasn't made promises we can't keep.
          He does need time I agree with you but I also think we need fresh faces, and ship a few out who are just not offering anything.
          I'd rather have a lesser player on paper willing to run through walls on grass, if you know what I mean .
          Certainly shouldn't be written off now

Comment

Only going by what I heard on the Radio London commentary it sounded like we had a good amount of possession but wasteful final ball. Also sImilar to last season we were slow in getting the ball forward. Hopefully we will progress and Mick Beale will get it right

Comment

He sounded very much like Warburton. Saying stuff like it was a harsh result. No it really wasn't. It was as bad as a 1st game as you can get. We haven't solved any problems from last season. Just have to hope he hasn't finished his spending, however I wasn't really on board with what he has signed in the 1st place.

Comment

The Board didn't like it that Warbs would rather bring in experienced players instead of developing young players for sale.

Beale has been brought in to polish t.u.r.d.s

We aren't aiming for promotion, just mid-table and balancing the books as best we can. They've done their money.

Comment

Apparently we are losing something like £1.2M a month. Add that up over 3 years and that's a loss of £43.2M. According to FFP we are only allowed to lose £38M over 3 years. We are just not able to casually spend money if we want to stay within the rules. If you look at those figures the club is doing a remarkable job just staying competitive.

Of course, my figures may be wrong or I've misinterpreted things but I'm sure finances are bloody tight.
                  "I don't read the papers, I don't gamble, I don't even know what day it is." - Steve McClaren.

Comment

Just listened to it and he was pretty much spot on!

50/50 possession according to the stats and we had spells when we were in control, which Beale said. Toothless in the final third, again Mick said.

Blackburn created next to nothing, albeit more than us and a draw would have been a fair result. Beale said we shouldn't have lost and Seny had virtually nothing to do.

I thought defensively our performance was ok. Under Warburton teams opened us up with ease, whether that wasn't great from Blackburn or they genuinely struggled, we'll find out in a few weeks. Boro will be another test defensively, but I'm not really worried about our defence. It's not going to be the best in the league but it'll do ok. I feel we're short in the full back areas but hopefully that will be resolved.

I'm not really happy with our midfield but Richards looked aggressive and positive, so will certainly be a welcome addition and I thought Field did well. Dozzell and Thomas, not for me. Be nice to add another in that area as Amos isn't really reliable in terms of fitness and Field has potential issues with suspension and injury but unfortunately we don't have the luxury to have a strong 25 man squad.

Attacking wise, we need reinforcements, we all know that. Shodipo not for me. Lacks the quality needed at this level. We need a number 9. A decent ish centre forward with the likes of Chair, Willock and Roberts in behind will cause teams problems, I have no doubt about that. So, effectively today, we played without potentially 3 of our front 4, so let's all calm down. We also have Uncs to make an impact late on. Dykes just doesn't do it for me, bang average and I don't see a future for him here under this management long term. Bonne, as above with Dykes although not been given the amount of time Dykes has on the pitch. I actually think Bonne causes more problems for defenders than Dykes. Neither is our answer though. Armstrong is a handful and raw. It wouldn't be fair to put pressure on him and I hope our fans give him time and encouragement when he makes mistakes. Not ready yet but I'd rather him get game time than the two above.

Yes it wasn't great today but we were very light in attacking areas and although we didn't create anything, we still should have left undefeated. Come September we'll probably be looking at Richards, Willock, Chair, Roberts and a new striker in our starting 11 and that makes us a completely different animal going forward. We need to be patient over this next month because it's going to be tough.

Comment

So we are going to need to sell our prime assets then to move on , so years of mediocrity ahead , some of our supporters won’t like it but football is cyclical, although not the same as decades ago. Money talks more now , just have to hope someone comes in for our talents .

Comment

Originally posted by stainrod67 View Post
                        So we are going to need to sell our prime assets then to move on , so years of mediocrity ahead , some of our supporters won’t like it but football is cyclical, although not the same as decades ago. Money talks more now , just have to hope someone comes in for our talents .
                        We made a loss of £3.5m in the accounts when the Eze money got credited. Some of those losses may have been a loss of income from COVID, but you can get the general view how important selling players is going to be. If Willock doesn't get sold this window then financially we'll be in a bit of a mess again imo.

If we can finish mid-table and get close to breaking even then that's success. Unfortunately that will come with losing 10-15 games a aeason. That's why i wasnt hopping mad with todays result.

Comment

Agree totally mate wasn’t mad or angry today , just a general acceptance that we will have a few days like this but they were poor too and a point would of been good ,
                          just need to get some basics right and we would of got a point ,obviously we will have other days when we somehow win after being battered , that’s the rangers way !

Comment

It's not a great start, but did anybody really expect much from going up there given the recent history , there are many more battles ahead, are we battle ready yet? Probably not, we can only trust that things behind the scenes are moving to get us where we need to be as quickly as possible, keep the faith, until the faith is betrayed!!

Comment

Originally posted by stainrod67 View Post
                              Now that is depressing.
                              The rules need to be changed because as many people predicted the prem is fast becoming a closed shop and smaller clubs who have missed the boat or fell off it are just cheap nurseries for the rich

Comment

Working...
                              X