Sinclair Armstrong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sinclair Armstrong

Wow. What a raw talent!! Get him in the squad immediately!

Agree!

Comment

How did he do?..I didn't see his name on the scoresheet but assume he showed quality given the previous comments?

Comment

Woow! What a game. Harrassed well, pressing the defenders. Great assist for the first goal of the half. Then a cheeky chip of the keep from 25 (?) yards out. Then a an attempted bicycle kick which made the keeper pull off a great save.

The dude is also a giant! I hadn't quite seen him out there and has obviously spent some time in the Sumner .

Comment

He’s going to be an amazing talent. Think he showed why he must begin the season close to a first team role. Heads and shoulders better than Kelman.

Comment

It's true that it was only against Wealdstone, however, the signs is there for all to see. He has an eye for goal, can shoot with both feet and is extremely fast. Maybe has has to improve his heading, however, we have one hell of a player at the club.

Comment

We changed the whole 11 at half time, it was obvious immediately as the entire first half side did a warm down at half time.

Sinclair therefore got 45 mins under his belt. The oppo were poor but you could argue we were 6-0 up at half time and he was playing in a much weaker squad. No Chair, Field, Johansen, Paal (who looks decent going forward) supplying him. Instead it was Niko, a young centre mid, Bettache who also played well and Uncs. Bonne did well up top with Armstrong.

Armstrongs pace, strength, work rate were excellent. He demanded the ball, had a good first touch and awareness. Very unlucky not to score a couple but did cause havoc and assisted Thomas goal early in the second half. He puts himself about and is hard as nails. Looks fair in the air but hard to work out off 45 mins as we played most our footy on the floor which was good to see.

Kid is going to be a very special player I believe.

Comment

He already looks like the sub you give the 20 last minutes to change the game. Exciting player!
                QPR
                Best team in the world
                Sort of

Comment

Absolute joke. Given no squad number now…. Not like we spend big money we need our youngsters and he should be playing. Fuming

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post
                    Absolute joke. Given no squad number now…. Not like we spend big money we need our youngsters and he should be playing. Fuming
                    Given he’s part of the youth set up, does he need a squad number? I’m assuming he can be selected regardless which im sure will be the case …… hopefully!

Comment

Originally posted by Mem View Post

Given he’s part of the youth set up, does he need a squad number? I’m assuming he can be selected regardless which im sure will be the case …… hopefully!
                      No, he doesnt need a squad number. Due to his age he can be exuded from the squad and still play.

Comment

Bloody hope you’re right…. Got to have him coming in in games

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post
                          Bloody hope you’re right…. Got to have him coming in in games
                          44.9 Squad Lists

44.9.1 Clubs shall be permitted to name up to a maximum number of Players in their Squad List based on the following provisions:

(a) in respect of Championship Clubs, 25 Players of which a minimum of 8 must be a Home Grown Player; and

(b) in respect of League One and Two Clubs 22 Players of which a minimum of 8 must be a Home Grown Player.

44.9.2 The following Players do not need to be included in the Squad List to be eligible to play in League Matches:

(a) in respect of Championship Clubs, any Under 21 Player (save for any Under 21 Player who is registered with the Club on a Temporary Loan Transfer)

https://www.efl.com/-more/governance...n-6---players/

Comment

Good idea. Put a player who has never played a league game and was only used as a substitute for Torquay in the National League straight into Championship football against seasoned pros. Should help his development no end.

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
                              Good idea. Put a player who has never played a league game and was only used as a substitute for Torquay in the National League straight into Championship football against seasoned pros. Should help his development no end.
                              I started playing senior football at 15yrs and left one club at 16yrs because they didn't want to play me too often to "protect me". The following season i played every game at a higher level.

If we play him he won't get kicked off the park; he will just appear as useless as Dykes. As John Hartson said once, he was more nervous making his debut for WBA at 30+ than he was making his Arsenal debut at 19.....!

Comment

Working...
                              X