Forest ... doing a QPR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forest ... doing a QPR?

Back in the Premier after a 23 years absence, they've already spent £60 million on eight new players. The difference to us is that there are no prima Donna's in their recruitment.

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
    Back in the Premier after a 23 years absence, they've already spent £60 million on eight new players. The difference to us is that there are no prima Donna's in their recruitment.
    Let be fair here...

Mutch, Fer among a few others didnt either, but spending a load of dosh on players doesnt guarantee anything. You dont know what you're gonna get

Comment

They probably think they need to build a team ready to become champions of Europe again.

Comment

It must be frustrating to be those players that got you there and are then instantly replaced - at least when we went up we started with our promotion team before the madness set in!

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post
          It must be frustrating to be those players that got you there and are then instantly replaced - at least when we went up we started with our promotion team before the madness set in!
          Promotion bonus and possible auto 50% increase in salary. It softens the blow I would guess.

Comment

Ha! Yes I imagine that helps!

Comment

When you get promoted you're guaranteed virtually £200 million so I don't see what the problem is with spending some of it?

Obviously if you waste the money on overpriced and overpaid tarts, mercenaries and clapped-out sick-notes it's a massive problem but if you spend it sensibly and wisely there's no problem whatsoever.

I don't think Forest squad of last season would have got 25pts in the prem - they simply had to invest, they had no choice unless they were content to become another Norwich and get constantly relegated every other year after failing to invest much on promotion.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                When you get promoted you're guaranteed virtually £200 million so I don't see what the problem is with spending some of it?

Obviously if you waste the money on overpriced and overpaid tarts, mercenaries and clapped-out sick-notes it's a massive problem but if you spend it sensibly and wisely there's no problem whatsoever.

I don't think Forest squad of last season would have got 25pts in the prem - they simply had to invest, they had no choice unless they were content to become another Norwich and get constantly relegated every other year after failing to invest much on promotion.
                I don’t think they will get 25 with the signings, losing Spence big loss to them, the prem close to being a closed shop I fully expect all 3 that went up to struggle, Fools may survive having Mitrovic and a manager that’s managed in the prem. both Bournemouth and Forest will drop plus Leeds or fools imo

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo

Absolutely, especially if you are replaced by players that you just beat in the play-off final. Looks like forest are raiding Huddersfield for some reason.
                  Building the best possible championship side they can hoping they stay up but guaranteeing promotion again if they go down?

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy24 View Post

I don’t think they will get 25 with the signings, losing Spence big loss to them, the prem close to being a closed shop I fully expect all 3 that went up to struggle, Fools may survive having Mitrovic and a manager that’s managed in the prem. both Bournemouth and Forest will drop plus Leeds or fools imo
                    But at least they're making a fist of it. Yes, they may well come straight back down but hopefully they can make likes of Leeds, Villa, Southampton, West Ham and Palace at least sweat a bit.... it's getting to stage where you only need 30pts to stay up in the Prem so too many mediocre midtable teams are getting a free pass every season.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post

But at least they're making a fist of it. Yes, they may well come straight back down but hopefully they can make likes of Leeds, Villa, Southampton, West Ham and Palace at least sweat a bit.... it's getting to stage where you only need 30pts to stay up in the Prem so too many mediocre midtable teams are getting a free pass every season.
                      Totally agree the prem is becoming bit of a farce Var is as bad as it is good at times, The Bees got a tough 2nd gig coming up no Erikson Toney maybe off to better things aswell

as good as the top 2 are city and Liverpool scum will be 3rd again probably but drop past United it’s also rans, it’s a tough league but in reality Germany Italy Spain there’s only 2 or three competing

id love us to go up and get it right forest spending big Norwich splash out 20m roughly and are stable but will only do the same again at best. I’d of preferred Everton to drop out last season rely way to much on heritage big club etc

Comment

Lingard is a fantastic signing definitely not the way we did it, he's in his prime and was brilliant for the hammers
                        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Make sense to update my original post. Since then, Forest had spent £176 million on 21 new players! I have a feeling though that Steve Cooper will be sacked before the World Cup begins. He will find it difficult to keep all the players happy and surely will have a similar dressing room to the one we had. 21 new players means that nearly all the players that won them promotion are surplus to requirements!

Comment

Forest are doing a Forest, don't drag us in on this

Comment

In my opinion they have gone too far in the number of new players they have brought in, absolutely crazy amount. Seems almost anyone that would agree to join them! Is going to be difficult to integrate that number of new signings and make them into a cohesive unit. And yes this is partly where we went wrong when we went up all those years ago now.

They did great last season. I personally would have expected to see say half a dozen good first time signings and two or three younger ones for the future. Whether that would have been enough is another question but realistically could have increased quality and depth of squad in a way to keep some continuity and evolve the team.

Comment

Working...
                              X