Zwickau

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zwickau

Todays match in Germany was very good value for money. Tempo and quality were high to be a pre-season match. We scored four great goals and could have had more if it wasn’t for some strange offside descisions and an overlooked penalty.

I thought Shodipo and Dozzell had very good matches. Chair was a cut above everyone else and I believe he will have a great season under Beale. He was often dropping deep to pick up the ball and carried it forward with ease.

Both the two new lads that played looked solid.

Out of Dykes and Bonne I think Bonne has looked the sharpest in the two friendlies I have watched.

Quality dropped a bit when the second strong entered after 60 min but no major mistakes.

Amos, Roberts and Kakay did not play.

Shodipo gives us something we desperately need: pace up front.

Nice to see Bonne performing.

Kelman, Duke-McKenna, Masterson look decent but still need one more season on loan to another club.

Believe we only need a decent starting right back to be ready for the season.

Comment

Where is Seny ? He is there but not playing.

do you think the club has an offer? And are seeing if Walsh is up to replacing him?

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post

do you think the club has an offer? And are seeing if Walsh is up to replacing him?
        If that's the case the offer wouldnt be a huge fee. At £7-10m you'd think we'd sell and sort out a replacement later. A modest fee without too much to play with perhaps not.

Comment

Mick confirmed after the game that Seny will be playing on Saturday.

Comment

Anyone heard how Archer is getting on? He was very decent in the game he got injured. He's still got a year to go on this contract.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Anyone heard how Archer is getting on? He was very decent in the game he got injured. He's still got a year to go on this contract.
              I thought we'd got shot of him?

Comment

I'd like to see Joe Walsh as 2nd keeper this season. Time for him to step up.

Comment

Im sure Walsh will stay as second keeper as hes young and we need to develop those players for obvious reasons.

Good to see Archer in the squad and I'm sure he'll be 3rd choice with Mahoney going out on loan or staying with the U23s.

Although Walsh and Mahoney are both 20yrs. Who is considered the better prospect?

Comment

Im sure Walsh will stay as second keeper as hes young and we need to develop those players for obvious reasons.

Good to see Archer in the squad and I'm sure he'll be 3rd choice with Mahoney going out on loan or staying with the U23s.

Although Walsh and Mahoney are both 20yrs. Who is considered the better prospect?
                    How tall is Mahoney? Keepers have to be over 6 foot, able to control ball and pass like midfielder now. Not sure he's going to make it at QPR.

Comment

Originally posted by Isleworth116 View Post

How tall is Mahoney? Keepers have to be over 6 foot, able to control ball and pass like midfielder now. Not sure he's going to make it at QPR.
                      I couldnt find any data on Mahoney but Walsh is only 5'10". He's even shorter than Jirdan Pickford who is 6ft.

Comment

I couldnt find any data on Mahoney but Walsh is only 5'10". He's even shorter than Jirdan Pickford who is 6ft.
                        Wikipedia have 6'3" for Walsh. I couldn't find info for Mahoney either.

Comment

Originally posted by Isleworth116 View Post

Wikipedia have 6'3" for Walsh. I couldn't find info for Mahoney either.
                          Yeah, I don't know where I got 5'10" from????

Mahoney is 6'1" and a bit according to this but who know how accurate it is if the club dont list his height.

https://www.fifaindex.com/player/268544/murphy-mahoney/

Comment

Can't list how tall till one stops growing me thinks.

Comment

Working...
                            X