Boutique Football rearing its head again in SW6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KevC59 View Post
    It's going back to the old" don't ever want to get promoted, would rather stay a mid table championship team, prices will go up etc" debate isn't it ? Flogged that subject to death last season, and no doubt ,, if we do well it will continue . Get promoted, if you don't like whatever price rises may happen , don't go to games, just pay sky/ bt sport/ Amazon whoever for the privilege of watching your team
    Would love Promotion, would stick me Rubber Bands deep in me Sky Rocket and splash the Cash to take my Grandsons who are Rangers supporters to bask in the moment, hell yea deal me in, then I would stump up even more hard earned to get the poor little ####ers counselling!

Comment

That's the spirit Ron, couldn't agree more mate

Comment

Thing is, we have a tiny cramped ground that's barely changed in 40years. If we go up, I reckon it would be a damned cheek to jack up prices, particularly given that being in the prem swells the coffers by well over a £100 mil.

We'd have to charge away fans £30 in the prem, not allowed above that. Why not charge £30 max for all seats then? Let's face it, taking away the visiting fans and our season tickets, there'd probably only be a couple of thousand seats available for match day sale anyway.

23 games x 2500 seats x £30 = £1, 725,000
        23 games x 2500 seats x £50 = £2,875,000

Given the club would earn an extra £120mil during one season in the prem, does it really need to milk and squeeze fans for a mere £1mil by whacking up prices to £50? Maybe if we were sitting in a flash new well appointed stand or stadium it'd be defensible. However, £50 to be shoehorned in same old LR would be taking the pee in my view and a cruddy piece of PR.

Oh well, it's all moot until we get promoted.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
          Thing is, we have a tiny cramped ground that's barely changed in 40years. If we go up, I reckon it would be a damned cheek to jack up prices, particularly given that being in the prem swells the coffers by well over a £100 mil.

We'd have to charge away fans £30 in the prem, not allowed above that. Why not charge £30 max for all seats then? Let's face it, taking away the visiting fans and our season tickets, there'd probably only be a couple of thousand seats available for match day sale anyway.

23 games x 2500 seats x £30 = £1, 725,000
          23 games x 2500 seats x £50 = £2,875,000

Given the club would earn an extra £120mil during one season in the prem, does it really need to milk and squeeze fans for a mere £1mil by whacking up prices to £50? Maybe if we were sitting in a flash new well appointed stand or stadium it'd be defensible. However, £50 to be shoehorned in same old LR would be taking the pee in my view and a cruddy piece of PR.

Oh well, it's all moot until we get promoted.
          Would rather Stand up with a Bag of Chips, than Sit with a Prawn Sandwich, well done for Showing your Working out Though, really impressive.

Comment

Working...
          X