Money ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Money ?

Does anyone know if we get any dosh if sterling goes to Chelski ?

Good question, not sure if we had a clause that paid a one of fee, or for all subsequent transfers we'd get a lesser percentage. Hopefully it's the latter.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrod67 View Post
      Does anyone know if we get any dosh if sterling goes to Chelski ?
      No.

Sell on clauses aren't paid out move after move.
      We got our wedge after his move to City.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkranger View Post
        Good question, not sure if we had a clause that paid a one of fee, or for all subsequent transfers we'd get a lesser percentage. Hopefully it's the latter.
        Really?
        Never knew that.

Comment

Surely any sell on clause would be for the first move only. The Liverpool to Man City one. We've done nothing to claim on his value whilst he's played at Man City.

Comment

Sounds somewhat desperate and grasping. Must've been 10+ years ago he went to Liverpool???? Wonder if Liverpool managed to insert a sell-on clause into the deal when he went to City?

I wonder how many of our current players have sell-on clauses that will cost us money? I bet Dykes has one and probably Dickie too.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post

Really?
              Never knew that.
              I don't think we stand to get any money, normally it's a one time only deal.
              Though for some reason I keep thinking because he was so young when he left us, we had an additional caveat that would entitle us to a lesser percentage of any future transfer (probably wishful thinking though).

Comment

I suppose its possible there might be if he plays in wc final or wins the thing but that would still be Liverpool who'd have to pay us that if something like it exists

Comment

No….. when you sell a player you negotiate with one club, the buyer, hence an opportunity to agree a sell on clause if that club sells the player on. There’s nothing beyond that for us.

Comment

Working...
                  X