Few more signings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
    I've said many times before the premiership doesnt float my boat but accept its need for a cash boost. I would much prefer young hungry players still cutting their teeth than players at the end if their careers nursing themselves through games to squeeze another year or two out of football.

I think our main aim is to develop and sell players to get a sustainable club and promotion is a nice to have. If we get a 6th - 10th place finish and decent player sale I think that's a success season. Although that comes with this MB going into meltdown following a few defeats when emotions get stretched.

Pretty much sums my views up the press a cash cow but reality is even fools will struggle again the investment to stay up is unsustainable on crowds loftus rd can pull in and the board know it

rather be entertained playing decent football and play offs if they come great realistic to build a side and development of youth is sustainable £100k wages and we get clobbered by ffp which is a rule of such when in top 6 it’s obsolete bar a small fine to those concerned

looking forward to new season and wining it at a canter !

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy24 View Post

Pretty much sums my views up the press a cash cow but reality is even fools will struggle again the investment to stay up is unsustainable on crowds loftus rd can pull in and the board know it

rather be entertained playing decent football and play offs if they come great realistic to build a side and development of youth is sustainable £100k wages and we get clobbered by ffp which is a rule of such when in top 6 it’s obsolete bar a small fine to those concerned

looking forward to new season and wining it at a canter !
      In an ideal world we can gain promotion then do a deal with one of the relegated clubs to pay us £100mill+ and we stay in champs

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
        Saying "promotion is the aim" translates as "let's see if we can scrape into 6th".... it's not really setting the bar very high, don't even have to win half your games. Aside from maybe one or two teams, I suspect everyone other team in this league would say "promotion is the aim" and I wouldn't take any such statement as evidence that the owners mean business or are ready to back the manager with a transfer warchest.

I don't think we have much money to buy players or pay decent wages to attract loan players so just one or two fairly meh additions is all we can expect now.
        I agree, however stating that "promotion is the aim", only raises some people's expectations, and they'll be slagging off the club if its not achieved.

But, I guess, what else can they say?

Comment

It is confirmed by MB ... few signings this season.

Comment

So it's going to be much of the same as the end of last season then, Dykes will undoubtedly break down when he breaks a finger nail and there will be no cover , unless Armstrong comes on leaps and bounds, which is a possibility if he gets games, we are basically toothless in attack. There will be a lot on Chair and Willocks shoulders to get into the goals, but it's not looking promising, I thought some money at least may have been found from somewhere, to get a couple more in, but it's obviously not going to happen, could be a Very long hard season ahead, but early days yet, maybe there will be something to cheer about around the corner

Comment

The old mantra quoted on every teams forums throughout the land 'we want young, hungry players'. Need to sell off some of our fringe 25yr old 'youngsters' before we can afford to do anything.

Comment

Time for willock and chair to step up , stop playing in glimpses and want the ball more . Both are capable of putting another 10/20% in at times . Look at the best midfield players they don't hide and always want the ball. Our lack of fitness really showed last season players blowing out of their ar$es on 60/70 minutes .
                Les needs to get his tracksuit on and have some one to one with dykes.. pass on his knowledge. Dykes is so static at times he just gives the centre halves a easy time . Teach him about movement and where to be , timing runs , accuracy . If dykes is the best we've got help him

Comment

Originally posted by KevC59 View Post
                  So it's going to be much of the same as the end of last season then, Dykes will undoubtedly break down when he breaks a finger nail and there will be no cover , unless Armstrong comes on leaps and bounds, which is a possibility if he gets games, we are basically toothless in attack. There will be a lot on Chair and Willocks shoulders to get into the goals, but it's not looking promising, I thought some money at least may have been found from somewhere, to get a couple more in, but it's obviously not going to happen, could be a Very long hard season ahead, but early days yet, maybe there will be something to cheer about around the corner
                  It's all on this, and the midfield to enable it.

Dykes will not come good without someone next to him.

It's too much to put on Armstrong I feel but that looks like the only option, as the others are known quantities, in that they don't work.

Genuinely, bring Charlie back, if he'd gotten service last season he'd have scored 10 more.

Comment

Originally posted by topperharley View Post

It's all on this, and the midfield to enable it.

Dykes will not come good without someone next to him.

It's too much to put on Armstrong I feel but that looks like the only option, as the others are known quantities, in that they don't work.

Genuinely, bring Charlie back, if he'd gotten service last season he'd have scored 10 more.
                    Austin last season was more interested in his spot on talksh1te than getting himself fit. He was waddling around in pre season and never improved his fitness. Agreed that if he had decent service he would score goals but you can't afford to have a player in this league who can only stand in the penalty box and wait for a cross to come in.

He wasnt the same player as the season before and like stef he became too comfortable and didnt have a point to prove. I think if stef doesnt pull his finger out this year then hes off next summer. Cant have slow immobile players in this league.

Comment

Originally posted by Dono77 View Post

Austin last season was more interested in his spot on talksh1te than getting himself fit. He was waddling around in pre season and never improved his fitness. Agreed that if he had decent service he would score goals but you can't afford to have a player in this league who can only stand in the penalty box and wait for a cross to come in.

He wasnt the same player as the season before and like stef he became too comfortable and didnt have a point to prove. I think if stef doesnt pull his finger out this year then hes off next summer. Cant have slow immobile players in this league.
                      You're right, but i'd rather have him in the box getting service than Dykes.

You're also right on Stef, i don't understand why he was so good on loan and then just nose dived so hard, happens alot but a totally different player. I think Stef tries to put the effort in he's just sh11te, or doesn't fit the players around him, he has lost pace for sure. Luke Amos coming back and hitting the ground running is the key to that midfield, pre injury he was turning into a real player. If he doesn't the we need to add a midfielder to the list of must buys.

Dunno, not feeling overly optimistic about the season. Think Beale has his work cut out and might over tactic the situation and make it worse. This squad of players needs direct, hard working football, i think in a standard 442, that's the player we have.

Comment

Originally posted by topperharley View Post

You're right, but i'd rather have him in the box getting service than Dykes.

You're also right on Stef, i don't understand why he was so good on loan and then just nose dived so hard, happens alot but a totally different player. I think Stef tries to put the effort in he's just sh11te, or doesn't fit the players around him, he has lost pace for sure. Luke Amos coming back and hitting the ground running is the key to that midfield, pre injury he was turning into a real player. If he doesn't the we need to add a midfielder to the list of must buys.

Dunno, not feeling overly optimistic about the season. Think Beale has his work cut out and might over tactic the situation and make it worse. This squad of players needs direct, hard working football, i think in a standard 442, that's the player we have.
                        It's the least optimistic I been about any season.. Hope my intuition is very wrong.

Money seems to have dried up.

Normally last season i was thinking promotion would be extremely close.

But I know nowt so champions we will be !!

Comment

Dykes is an old type target man. Alone he will never be effective. He needs crosses left, right and centre. Playing with another striker may be effective. Will try Bonne with him, at least at home. Away will give a chance to Armstrong as a lone striker as he has energy to spare.

Comment

Working...
                          X