Juicing Johansen's play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Juicing Johansen's play

Like many, felt Stefan had become MW's teacher's pet; played him too much as SJ delivered far too little.

Will be fascinating to see how Beale used SJ moving forward; clearly won't allow SJ to play slow ball upfield, meaning SJ has to either attain better fitness to pursue faster play or he'll be riding the bench.

I can't see Stef featuring, particularly if Beale delivers the high energy style he talks about. With Amos, Field and Dozzell on the books I feel SJ will be well out of the picture if he doesn't seriously up his game and application from last season's contribution.

Comment

He'll probably come on as sub to slow games down when we go 4-0 up.

I think he'll feature a lot this coming season.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
        He'll probably come on as sub to slow games down when we go 4-0 up.

I think he'll feature a lot this coming season.
        Maybe keep him on the Bench and go for 6

Comment

Originally posted by Ronnie Rangers View Post

Maybe keep him on the Bench and go for 6
          Now that's just being silly.

Comment

Pretty sure warbs said he struggled with knee injury ? And couldn’t train he’s had treatment apparently to resolve issue

hopefully it’s sorted as I’d rather him to Dozzell if fit but can see Amos, field being main cm in a pressing side if that’s our style

a more prominent indicator of stef next season will be appointing him as captain or given to another player I can see Dunne being a long term option for that imo

Comment

Feel maybe warbs had to play him as he'd given him the armband , Beale hopefully won't play him . He stole a living last season

Comment

He was brilliant the season before last. Felt he wasn’t really match fit last season. Hopefully Beale gets the best out of him.

Comment

Originally posted by Mem View Post
                  He was brilliant the season before last. Felt he wasn’t really match fit last season. Hopefully Beale gets the best out of him.
                  He's a senior pro. He needs to get the best out of himself and should require minimal intervention from a manager/coach in order to perform.

In fairness to Stef, none of our senior pros really delivered much last season, every single one of them seemed to just fade away, particularly after Christmas.

Comment

If he suffered with his knee injury perhaps it would have been better not to play to enable him to fully recover, however I suppose not having enough fit options could have forced Warburton to select Johansen. Dozzell was probably meant to be the back up option, but imo never looked the part.

Comment

Stef will be back, and his quality will shine.

Comment

Working...
                      X