Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who will be the first UK club to appoint a female manager to a male team?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wasn't sure first time a woman commentated on match of the day. Seemed strange with the clichés coming from a woman's mouth. But now am used to it and why not to be fair.

Nowt wrong with women presenters either obviously. Happens everywhere but in general its only the extremely blessed with looks that get regular air time so still slightly sexist in attitude.

The woman's game is picking up in interest but got to be 50 years minimum before its on same level of interest as the men's game.

One thing I learnt in life, nothing ever remains the same.

People, society, attitudes and belief are forever changing.

In 16th century women who were obese in stature were defined as most desirable. That's not the case now.

In 13th it was deemed more acceptable and desired if you were unwashed as opposed to clean.

The women's game will always be slightly different in terms of physicality, quite obviously but there are very successful male managers who either never played football or who did not get to any kind of professional level. It did not stop them being a successful professional high level football managers.

In time it will happen. We will all find it strange initially and then like all these things it will just be normality through the passage of time.

It's the way life is !!! Ie , always changing !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by longtime_ranger View Post
      I wasn't sure first time a woman commentated on match of the day. Seemed strange with the clichés coming from a woman's mouth. But now am used to it and why not to be fair.

Nowt wrong with women presenters either obviously. Happens everywhere but in general its only the extremely blessed with looks that get regular air time so still slightly sexist in attitude.

The woman's game is picking up in interest but got to be 50 years minimum before its on same level of interest as the men's game.

One thing I learnt in life, nothing ever remains the same.

People, society, attitudes and belief are forever changing.

In 16th century women who were obese in stature were defined as most desirable. That's not the case now.

In 13th it was deemed more acceptable and desired if you were unwashed as opposed to clean.

The women's game will always be slightly different in terms of physicality, quite obviously but there are very successful male managers who either never played football or who did not get to any kind of professional level. It did not stop them being a successful professional high level football managers.

In time it will happen. We will all find it strange initially and then like all these things it will just be normality through the passage of time.

It's the way life is !!! Ie , always changing !!!!
      Not a chubby chaser then?

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post

Not a chubby chaser then?
        Wasn't going by my own particular desires myself sire...

Was just saying these times we in currently Rachel Riley is deemed more desirable than Kim Woodburn by a greater majority !!!

But if some chaps prefer the more largess in stature - can't even remember what strange point I was making now...

Comment

Wokey Les already has a female coach so im sure he'll want to look even better.
          But I'd suggest he'd rather a black woman, Oprah Winfrey apparently flying in as we speak.
          She knows nothing about football but can chat to the players at ht while Les plays real life football manager

Comment

Working...
          X