Nahki Wells

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nahki Wells

Released this summer by brizzle with still a year left on contract.
    I personally would give the fella a deal, on smaller wages obviously.
    Good experienced striker and we just suit each other.

Get him in. Suits our style. Can run all day. Hardworking, keeps himself in good shape. Good for a few goals and gives 100%. No brainer imo.

Comment

I suppose it all depends on what wages he has as on a Brizzle,and if the board are prepared to do a deal?
      I came here to chew gum and kick ass,and I'm all outta gum!

Comment

The board are obviously deciding on players aswell as coaching staff. Negotiations between barbet, uncle etc are being done without a manager. So they may aswell look to bring in a couple of players too as no guarantee we will have a new manager in place anytime soon.

Comment

Strikers so difficult to recruit. Would definitely have him back. Maybe one year deal with option of second. Class at this level and still seems fit as a dog. Just to clarify I mean a dog with a good level of fitness.

Comment

Originally posted by Dono77 View Post
            The board are obviously deciding on players aswell as coaching staff. Negotiations between barbet, uncle etc are being done without a manager. So they may aswell look to bring in a couple of players too as no guarantee we will have a new manager in place anytime soon.
            Which goes back to the link I posted on the manager thread that suggested we're looking for a coach not a manager.

The DoF and scouts will decide on the squad within the budget and the coach works with what's been provided to the formation/style of play that best suits player resale values.

I think Wells has been played out of position out wide at Brizzle and never got a regular slot as a result and never got into his stride. Play him up front as a foil for Dykes and he'll be decent.

Boro have also released a few players with a year to go on their contracts. I know Brizzle have had money problems, but it seems a lot of clubs may be cost cutting. Perhaps rich pickings for us this summer.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
              Strikers so difficult to recruit. Would definitely have him back. Maybe one year deal with option of second. Class at this level and still seems fit as a dog. Just to clarify I mean a dog with a good level of fitness.
              A Butchers Dog
              Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

We will wait and he'll get snapped up by someone else

Comment

Get him in if we can. We were paying Austin £18k I believe, so Wells is worth paying similar on a 1 year deal with an option to extend.

Comment

Give it a try. Maybe he can inspire Bonne as well.
                    QPR
                    Best team in the world
                    Sort of

Comment

Not an acquisition that would resonate with me as a statement of intent - mark of a team just happy to stay up next season I reckon. 31 years old and being shown door at Bristol just isn't whetting my whistle.

I dunno what sort of war chest we have available for transfers/wages but as a free agent I guess Wells would want a bit of a wedge, whether that's signing-on fee, wages or both. I feel we have a more pressing need to get fullbacks and wide players in so I wouldn't want to blow much of the budget on Wells.

I'd actually rather get Gray than Wells but I dunno how feasible that'd be.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                        Not an acquisition that would resonate with me as a statement of intent - mark of a team just happy to stay up next season I reckon. 31 years old and being shown door at Bristol just isn't whetting my whistle.

I dunno what sort of war chest we have available for transfers/wages but as a free agent I guess Wells would want a bit of a wedge, whether that's signing-on fee, wages or both. I feel we have a more pressing need to get fullbacks and wide players in so I wouldn't want to blow much of the budget on Wells.

I think we will be selling some players to help rebuild and don’t know what budget we will have, but get both in if possible. They know the league and both can get 15+ in a full season.

Hopefully whoever is in charge of the team will want to play with 2 strikers and will also want at least one other on the bench.

We currently only have Dykes, Bonne and Kelman along with the untried Armstrong as strikers. Strikers win games and we have struggled when playing with just 1 in the lineup.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post

Wells, Gray and Dykes would do me but we'd need to bring in a fair bit in sales for that to happen.

Comment

Warburton seemed to get the best out of Wells, as he did with Hugill and Gray (when he picked him). I'm not sure he would be quite as effective without Warburton and the luxury of having Eze, Samuel and Wells behind him. That said, as an experienced striker who can drop deep and allow the likes of Chair, Willock, Amos to go beyond him and to provide a different option to Dykes, I'd absolutely take him back.

Sentimental maybe, but I'd also take back Furlong and Manning if a deal could be done. Both seem relatively out of favour at their parent clubs and far better than what we currently have. Plus they can both play multiple positions which will help with a smaller squad.

Comment

wells feels like more of a team player that gray - i know he was our top scorer but there were a few pens in there...sometimes feels like he really can't be arsed!

Comment

Working...
                              X