Any rush to get new manager in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any rush to get new manager in?

Obviously ones' initial thought would be the sooner we install a new gaffer the better. But.... is there really any need to rush in?

Does a decent coach really need to be in place for close season and pre-season? Eustace can keep things ticking over and DOF can overhaul the squad.

I'd rather hang-fire and make the right appointment (which might mean courting and woo'ing a certain candidate) rather than grabbing whoever happens to be available today.

Cooper joined Forest several games into season and Neil joined Sunderland in January. Both transformed the clubs they joined. Calderon didn't join Huddersfield til end if July. Basically, I certainly don't see any need to rush out in May and I'd be content to get into August still looking for the right candidate.

Yeah, if the right candidate pops up tomorrow there's no harm in tying them down quickly. I'm simply saying at this juncture there's no need to be rushing though.

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
    Obviously ones' initial thought would be the sooner we install a new gaffer the better. But.... is there really any need to rush in?

Does a decent coach really need to be in place for close season and pre-season? Eustace can keep things ticking over and DOF can overhaul the squad.

I'd rather hang-fire and make the right appointment (which might mean courting and woo'ing a certain candidate) rather than grabbing whoever happens to be available today.

Cooper joined Forest several games into season and Neil joined Sunderland in January. Both transformed the clubs they joined. Calderon didn't join Huddersfie til end if July. Basically, I certainly don't see any need to rush out in May and I'd be content to get into August still looking for the right candidate.

Yeah, if the right candidate pops up tomorrow there's no harm in tying them down quickly. I'm simply saying at this juncture there's no need to be rushing though.

Makes perfect sense

Comment

Absolutely. Only thing benefiting a quick a appointment would be more time for transfer targets to be identified, as most of us feel some fairly serious work is needed on the squad, depending on how this new manager intends to setup and who the club intend to sell this summer.

Comment

A good idea in theory, but what if the best ones have commited their future elsewhere in the meantime?
        QPR
        Best team in the world
        Sort of

Comment

We have a history of dragging our feet especially on transfers, by the time we make up our minds it's to late they have been snapped up by other clubs, so I wouldn't hold your breath who the new manager is
          with this lot because they haven't got a scooby doo how to run a football club.

Comment

From the start i would have taken a punt on Hughton but if not what is Tigana doing these days/- teams play nice football- might relish a return to Londinium.

Comment

And decisions have been made by existing hierarchy about who to let go.

Comment

Originally posted by KLOS View Post
                From the start i would have taken a punt on Hughton but if not what is Tigana doing these days/- teams play nice football- might relish a return to Londinium.
                Top managers there and probably too expensive for us I would have thought.

Comment

Probably waiting for to see who win the play off between Wycombe or MK Dons Ainsworth or Manning probably got their eyes on one of them

Comment

Originally posted by KLOS View Post
                    Tigs a proper disciplinarian , I was in hotel in Renne and Fulham were staying . Players had to have top buttons on the shirts done u whilst at breakfast , dinner they all seemed sht scared of him. Not seen or heard about him in yonks

Comment

Working...
                    X