Dom Ball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dom Ball

I agree with the release of players so far with one exception ... Dom Ball. I will give him a contract. He is not the most gifted midfielder, however, he always gives his best and is not bullied as easily as some of our midfielders. In a successful team, there is a need to have a combination of technical players, fast players, calm heads and fighters. I think he is the one to fill the 'fighters' role. There is no one in the present squad, at least as far as we know.

Plus he has been in and out of team and hasn't been able to maintain any sort of rhythm or "match readiness". I remember one of his appearances where he seemed a bit rushed and over-eager in his play and I felt for the lad - he clearly wanted to seize the limited opportunity Warburton had given him out of the blue.
    I agree he would be a valuable member of the squad and, if terms could be agreed, he is well worth a new contract. For all we know he might be after 12K a week and club have simply said we can't afford it.

Comment

If he is not asking for more than the club can afford, I think he should be offered a new deal.
      As stated, not the most gifted, but he does a decent job and importantly, he seems to accept being a squad member who won’t always play without having a moan about it,

Comment

Is it a coincident that we started our negative run soon after he was benched! Just saying!

Comment

He is absolutely a valuable squad player.

A shame to see him go like that. Especially useful considering he does ok at CB. We are not in the prem next season, he is very much at our level and would be a solid building block of any team pushing hard in a season.

I hope that whatever is going on behind the scenes is purely structural, and not poisonous.

Comment

The midfielder posted: “Want to say a massive thank you to everyone at QPR for the last 3 years!

“I believe Saturday’s game was my 100th appearance for the club and I’ve enjoyed every single one!

“The support you’ve shown me has been amazing and I’ve loved pulling on the QPR Shirt!

“I’ve made some great friends at the club and built relationships with some really great people around the club!

“I want to wish the club and everyone involved all the very best in the future!

“QPR will always be a special place for me but now it is time for a new challenge!

“Thank you.”

Comment

With Dozzell, Amos, Stef, Field under contract for next season, I don't see room in squad for Dom Ball.

Comment

He's on talksport now

Comment

Always appeared to give his all for the team (unlike our captain, who definitely doesn't lead by example). Shame to see him leave the club.

Comment

Madness he's off and Johansen is staying

Comment

Totally different players though
                      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                        Totally different players though
                        Ones a trier , ones Nicking a living from us

Comment

Thing about Ball is that when he signed I am sure we were told he could play RB, CB and CM. If he really can cover all those positions and doesn't cost an awful lot in Championship terms would be worth keeping on. Has been a good player for us.

As we found out this is a tough league and injuries, suspension and loss of form can have a massive impact. I am one of those who think we should have used him a lot more second half of season.

Wish him best of luck wherever he ends up.

Comment

Working...
                          X