Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hope someone comes in for Dykes, and then we go with 4 new strikers

Comment

Good to get a win and nice in Warburton's last game.

11th wouldn't have looked too bad at the start of the season. Yes lower than last season but another stable upper mid table finish after years of carnage. However in context we have been absolutely dire the last few months.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post

It was looking about 16th though wasn't it?
        And worse

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post
          i think this has been handled really badly

why not wait to announce the players are leaving like most clubs...seems really odd -

I Know its a nothing game but a win is a win and places mean prize money

really shocked!
          Places don't mean prize money in the EFL.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post

Places don't mean prize money in the EFL.
            Have rules changed then? It was always the case that the higher you finished the more money you received at the end of the season.

Comment

I would like to see the board change their mind over Dom Ball and offer him an extension.
              Versatile, and committed players should not be just let go.
              Every team needs this type of player.

Comment

I would like to see the board change their mind over Dom Ball and offer him an extension.
                Agree. Ball was very good at CB yesterday and like you say worthy to keep.

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post

Agree. Ball was very good at CB yesterday and like you say worthy to keep.
                  Just think a player like him brings more to a team than just his own performances on the pitch, which are committed if not the most skilful

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy24 View Post
                    A 50% fit gray is better than a 100% fit Dykes by a country mile
                    I hope we can sign Gray as I think if he plays regularly he will score 15+ quite comfortably.

Comment

Agree, he is worth keeping. Works hard and doesn’t complain if left out of the team.

As for finishing in 11th, yes it is better than in the bottom half, but pre season I was confident of a top 6 finish and still confident after January, but the team selections and injuries to Dieng and later Willock resulted in an alarming slump.

The squad was good enough for a 3-5-2 or a 4 4 2 or 4 3 1 2 formation.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

I hope we can sign Gray as I think if he plays regularly he will score 15+ quite comfortably.
                        Surely this is unlikely now Watford will be in the championship next season? Surely they'll have better finances to renew his contact that expires this summer.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                          Agree, he is worth keeping. Works hard and doesn’t complain if left out of the team.

As for finishing in 11th, yes it is better than in the bottom half, but pre season I was confident of a top 6 finish and still confident after January, but the team selections and injuries to Dieng and later Willock resulted in an alarming slump.

The squad was good enough for a 3-5-2 or a 4 4 2 or 4 3 1 2 formation.
                          I wasn't confident, I could see we didn't have enough goals at the sharp end.

Comment

I wasn't confident, I could see we didn't have enough goals at the sharp end.
                            Well not playing with one striker we didn’t, but 2 could have made a big difference.

Ideally we would have signed 4 strikers or better still kept Bonne as backup.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Surely this is unlikely now Watford will be in the championship next season? Surely they'll have better finances to renew his contact that expires this summer.
                              It depends on whether they want him or if he wants to stay with them having been discarded previously.

Comment

I would be surprised if Watford offer Gray terms.

For us to sign him he will have to take a monumental decrease in his wages. I suspect he will go to one of our better off rivals. Certainly capable of playing for a promotion challenging team with the right service. Did not suit our system although still generally looked our most dangerous striker.

Comment

Working...
                                X