No announcement yet.

Manager rumour or who you want thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warburton is not the answer and we all deep down know it. When we lose to Swansea and finish 15th or 16th that is a very poor return for a club that has paid reasonable salaries. I'd rather ainsworth over Eustace. I don't want any remaining staff members of marks. For 600k a year, if we match Warburtons salary then I'd expect a big improvement
    Last edited by WeAreQPR12; 04-05-2022, 07:07 PM.
    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

• Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
      We can get Jürgen Klopp in, but if the board don't back managers with realistic funds to make the playoffs or fight for promotion ( which we were told was the aim) then it's all just scam
      I see what you mean, but a good young coach can achieve much with the right backing from the Board. And back Mr X they will, because Sir Les said that "We have to make this appointment right". Personally I believe If this Dewbury or Manning or a young coach from abroad gets the nod, I think we all will support the team come August. Imo.
      QPR
      Best team in the world
      Sort of

Comment

• Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
        I don’t know who they will get but Warburton had done as much as he could. He was tactically very limited and easily outwitted by other mangers who turned us inside out i.e. Heckinbottom and Cooper to name 2.
        But you think getting a manager from the same level as jfh or lower will not be outwitted by managers at this level ?

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
          Warburton is not the answer and we all deep down know it. When we lose to Swansea and finish 15th or 16th that is a very poor return for a club that has paid reasonable salaries. I'd rather ainsworth over Eustace. I don't want any remaining staff members of marks. For 600k a year, if we match Warburtons salary then I'd expect a big improvement
          He was the best and only good appointment by out of what 5 , 6 managers chosen by this lot.
          As for salaries apparently we can't pay those now.

Comment

We can get Jürgen Klopp in, but if the board don't back managers with realistic funds to make the playoffs or fight for promotion ( which we were told was the aim) then it's all just scam
            What do you mean? The board is backing the manager, but we need to comply with the financial ceiling set by FFP. It would be stupid to provide so much funding we end up back in the old mess we have taken five years to drag ourselves out of, with a hefty fine in the process.

The financial year of 2020/2021 delivered a deficit of ca £20m pre sales of Eze. We are allowed to lose £13m a year. How do you come to a conclusion the board isn't backing the manager and it is all a scam if there isn't enough funds for a promotion push? Please explain!

Comment

• Originally posted by QPROslo View Post

What do you mean? The board is backing the manager, but we need to comply with the financial ceiling set by FFP. It would be stupid to provide so much funding we end up back in the old mess we have taken five years to drag ourselves out of, with a hefty fine in the process.

The financial year of 2020/2021 delivered a deficit of ca £20m pre sales of Eze. We are allowed to lose £13m a year. How do you come to a conclusion the board isn't backing the manager and it is all a scam if there isn't enough funds for a promotion push? Please explain!
              No apparently we now have to sell just to stand still, and we can't build on this team or season.
              it's why I asked with ffp being relaxed we seem to be the only club not able to operate positively

Comment

• The fact we are looking at untested managers at this level certainly doesn't look good

Comment

• It we sold £25m of players this summer I'd be amazed if we spent more than £5m on transfer fees. Most will cover this seasons overspend. We need to get as much as possible for Dickie, Dieng and Willock and hope we have our sights on L1 and free transfer players.

We made heavy weather of this season with a decent squad. With the best players heading out the door I think its going to be very hard to get a top half finish next season.

Comment

The fact we are looking at untested managers at this level certainly doesn't look good
                    If Liam Manning brings Scott Twine with him I'll overlook his managerial inexperience.

Comment

• Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
                      It we sold £25m of players this summer I'd be amazed if we spent more than £5m on transfer fees. Most will cover this seasons overspend. We need to get as much as possible for Dickie, Dieng and Willock and hope we have our sights on L1 and free transfer players.

We made heavy weather of this season with a decent squad. With the best players heading out the door I think its going to be very hard to get a top half finish next season.
                      Exactly.
                      Yet we were told get through the first few seasons and then things get better financially.
                      So what's happened is my question?
                      How can teams around us manage yet we can't?
                      Our budget this season was bottom half yet still we have to sell?
                      We are told the board want playoffs, but it seems we are nothing but a nursery club to me

Comment

If Liam Manning brings Scott Twine with him I'll overlook his managerial inexperience.
                        Who can the Newport boss bring?
                        Maybe Oldham's gaffer can find someone to bring with him ​​​​​​

Comment

• Warbs in line for Charlton job

Comment

Exactly.
                            Yet we were told get through the first few seasons and then things get better financially.
                            So what's happened is my question?
                            How can teams around us manage yet we can't?
                            Our budget this season was bottom half yet still we have to sell?
                            We are told the board want playoffs, but it seems we are nothing but a nursery club to me
                            I think they decided that our players had progressed sufficiently that a few extra signings would put us into the play offs. Those stars being Austin, Gray, Johansen and Hendricks have all flopped and would have cost us a lot of money, probably £20k per each. Those four probably cost us £5m in wages and loans fees in their own! That will need to be paid back in player sales this summer.

Comment

But you think getting a manager from the same level as jfh or lower will not be outwitted by managers at this level ?
                              I never said that I want a manager from a lower league. I would rather Farke, Jokanovic or someone that has a bit more experience at this or similar level.

Comment

If Twine can replicate his L1 form in the Championship then he could elevate the team into the top 6.

Comment

Working...
                                X