Our scouting network.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our scouting network.....

Hughes at least, had some good ideas regarding worldwide scouting even if they never came to fruition. What do we currently
    have? One man and his dog watching the National conference South?

The man and dog watch separate games to double our coverage

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
      The man and dog watch separate games to double our coverage
      No, its his guide dog.

Comment

Difficult one really as any decent kids will get lured in by Arsenal spuds scum etc. We maybe better off picking up one’s booted out as not good enough at 16

success breeds more however I do believe we could and should do better

Comment

We have a scouting network! Well I’ll be blowed.
          I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Originally posted by cross it Dave View Post
            We have a scouting network! Well I’ll be blowed.
            It meets a bit like the Trotter brother in the Nags head discussing bargains and deals that are either duds or rejects

Comment

Sir Les is our Scout

https://the72.co.uk/271503/qpr-figur...er-this-month/

Comment

There seems to be a very small pool of youngsters and lower league players that can step up to even championship level, with a lot of clubs chasing anyone who is even half decent, so the chances of picking up any of those is limited it seems

Comment

As Shaggy says, we are better off picking up discarded players such as Eze, Chair and Dieng. We are terrible at bringing players through our youth teams, players like Kakay, Hamalainen and lots of other dross that don’t even get into the 1st team picture.

As for scouting players at clubs, maybe we can find a few more like Willock, Dickie & Dunne. Twine would have been good to sign last summer, but is now more likely to go elsewhere after the season he has had.

If we had a good foreign scouting network we could probably find some good players at cheaper prices from some European clubs.

Comment

To be fair, we've had some recent successes. Rob Dickie, Jimmy Dunne, Sam Field, Illias Chair and Chris Willock. First team regulars. Worth more than we paid for them. Might get some interest from other clubs.

Few in and out of team, such as George Thomas, Andre Dozzell, Luke Amos. I wouldn't put them down as total failures but unlikely to sell them.

Comment

Joking aside we have done pretty well with players picked up from other clubs. Nobody gets them all right but we have a number of saleable players. It wasn't that long ago we couldn't give anyone away and anyone we bought seemed to go downhill.

We just don't seem to have any of our own decent youngsters coming through but that could change quite quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by Isleworth116 View Post
                        To be fair, we've had some recent successes. Rob Dickie, Jimmy Dunne, Sam Field, Illias Chair and Chris Willock. First team regulars. Worth more than we paid for them. Might get some interest from other clubs.

Few in and out of team, such as George Thomas, Andre Dozzell, Luke Amos. I wouldn't put them down as total failures but unlikely to sell them.

Agreed.

And although Dozzell and Amos may not fetch big money they are more valuable to us and are very important membets of the first team squad. I wouldnt be surprised to see Thomas move to L1....perhaps in a player plus cash detail for a summer target?

Comment

Ramsey is very important when it comes to scouting I believe?
                          QPR
                          Best team in the world
                          Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                            Joking aside we have done pretty well with players picked up from other clubs. Nobody gets them all right but we have a number of saleable players. It wasn't that long ago we couldn't give anyone away and anyone we bought seemed to go downhill.

We just don't seem to have any of our own decent youngsters coming through but that could change quite quickly.
                            Agree about out youngsters. They get stuck playing U23 football.

Comment

Originally posted by Isleworth116 View Post

I wouldn't add Luke Amos to the list of Failures - coming back form 2 serious injuries he is just finding form and with a run in the team will be an important player and probably score goals from midfield.

but you could add to the list of failures from the lower leagues

Washington
                              Bonne
                              Paul Smyth
                              Lyndon Dykes
                              David Wheeler
                              Josh Scowen
                              El Khayati
                              Jordon Cousins
                              Emanuel Thomas
                              Ben Gladwin
                              Oscar gobern

All picked from the lower leagues but failed to raise themselves to the next level.

Add to that some dubious loans

Sean Goss
                              Smith (man city)
                              Jack Clarke
                              Maklar

Then there is the collecting of Goalkeepers

and all the time ignoring the main problem- STRIKERS!! every team that goes up has at least one striker in the 20 + goals bracket....something we seem to have a blind spot about which is strange given that we are run by one of the greatest strikers in recent times!

Comment

Working...
                              X