No announcement yet.

Bye, bye Warbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Respect for what he has achieved at QPR, but the transfer window in January, his baffling decision to not play Dykes together with Austin (as he did when the latter joined on loan), his refusal to change formation when injuries and form dipped, and nonsense substitutions in games look likely to have cost him his job.

I do know who will replace him but can only hope he can continue the improvement that Warburton has made.

Comment

Sorry to see him go. Not looking forward to starting again with someone else.

Hopefully the new man will surprise me and do well but I suspect it'll take time and more investment and ultimately more mediocrity.
      "I don't read the papers, I don't gamble, I don't even know what day it is." - Steve McClaren.

Comment

I am glad he's gone , just a shame it was'nt sooner, i never liked him and could'nt bare listening to all his ######## interviews about tired players , too many games , then playing the same side every game. Also always bigging up the opposition , even the #### sides like Barnsley and Peterborough , which is probably why we could'nt beat them.
        Have'nt got a clue who our next manager will be , as i'm not sure it is a very attractive job as i don't believe our owners want to invest any more of their money.
        I just hope we sign some younger players with a bit to prove and he at least trains them hard and gets them fitter because we must of had the slowest and unfittest team in the league this season.

Comment

The Board will need to up the budget to a team full of players capable of playing championship football, aged 23-27yrs without legacy injuries.

If the Board could provide that funding then the ideal man is just about to leave the club. But I accept a change of voice isnt a bad idea.

Roll on summer transfers and the new season. The King is dead, long live..........

Comment

Hallelujah! I'm over the moon. A bang average manager from the get-go who should never have been here so long.
            Great decision to announce now - gives us a couple of weeks to get our ducks in a row before the managerial merry-go-round kicks off.

Comment

I like the guy as a man, and by and large as a manager. I would've loved to see him succeed.

I feel he will get the right group of players into the prem.

The thing is, he almost had that with us, and i feel that he has dug this hole for himself, i would be interested to read an honest, post departure interview over why, or anyone at the club he really thinks things went wrong.

I think the board have made the right call at the right time.

Not that foreign managers are the answer just because they are from the continent, but i do think that's where have to look, I don't see anyone British suiting the job for the money on offer.

Money is the key point. If the club are not willing to extend our budget on a a manger and some quality squad depth (i believe this should be mostly in younger prospects and not all on established players, as that is the club we should be), then I would rather keep Warbs as he is the best man at the moment, available to manage the club on this finance structure, if not him then it's about ex-players like Holloway and Ainsworth and we all know how that goes.

Comment

We can't compare Holloway to ainsworth. Ollie had the gig twice and we all know how that ended up. Gareth would be a strange choice and he doesn't seem the sort of candidate the club would go for. It will prob be a foreign manager or maybe the guy at my dons if he isn't looking for big money. Bring Scott twine with him if so!!! There aren't many stand out candidates to be fair. This could get ugly!!! Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Dono77 View Post
                  We can't compare Holloway to ainsworth. Ollie had the gig twice and we all know how that ended up. Gareth would be a strange choice and he doesn't seem the sort of candidate the club would go for. It will prob be a foreign manager or maybe the guy at my dons if he isn't looking for big money. Bring Scott twine with him if so!!! There aren't many stand out candidates to be fair. This could get ugly!!! Lol
                  Your last quote not many stand out candidates, that’s the reason he should’ve been kept on for another season & see how it went

Comment

Best of luck to him, gave us some much needed stability and the team is in much better shape than when he joined. Shame things have gone so pear shaped over last few months but respect for what he did at the club overall. For me his appointment has been a success but I am 60/40 that it is the right decision to make a change. Few managers last long these days and three years isn't bad at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffqpr View Post

Your last quote not many stand out candidates, that’s the reason he should’ve been kept on for another season & see how it went
                      Why not go for a well scouted foreign manager with a fresh ideas? Any candidate we will interview must have a strong character. That`s not an issue.
                      QPR
                      Best team in the world
                      Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Dono77 View Post
                        FFS don't wish the asylum on Ainsworth Gaz deserves to be remembered with fondness

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post

FFS don't wish the asylum on Ainsworth Gaz deserves to be remembered with fondness
                          Agree totally. At the money when he comes back he gets a lot of applause but if he was manager and results were bad, it would change to jeers. See previous players/managers at QPR - T. Francis, Wilkins, Waddock, Holloway as good examples.

Comment

Wayne Rooney boys, any takers?

Comment

Working...
                            X