Atletico Madrid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atletico Madrid

Watched the game yesterday. Can we have some of that spirit in our team? It is not nice, especially if you're on the receiving end like Man. City! However, it would have helped our cause a bit. Watching the R's currently, is like watching female football!

We would have had Filipe sent off for that 1st foul on Foden. Although I agree that a bit of collective fighting spirit within the team would have helped our cause.

Comment

Maybe the fans could have bit of the Madrid Fans spirit as well and support them and applaud them even when they lose!

I have never seen a losing set of fans respond the way the madrid fans did last night.

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post
        Maybe the fans could have bit of the Madrid Fans spirit as well and support them and applaud them even when they lose!

I have never seen a losing set of fans respond the way the madrid fans did last night.

Our fans, especially away from home, have been by magnificent this season, but we are only human and people seeing the drop off week after week, sometimes twice a week, can have a draining effect on the hardiest of souls!!
        I still go back to the West Brom home game as the highlight, because I was there, the atmosphere in the stadium that day was as good as it's been for years, not my words because I don't go to every game, but by people I know who have not missed a home game in decades

Comment

Originally posted by KevC59 View Post

Our fans, especially away from home, have been by magnificent this season, but we are only human and people seeing the drop off week after week, sometimes twice a week, can have a draining effect on the hardiest of souls!!
          I still go back to the West Brom home game as the highlight, because I was there, the atmosphere in the stadium that day was as good as it's been for years, not my words because I don't go to every game, but by people I know who have not missed a home game in decades
          Our away support is always more vocal and passionate for some reason - you only have to look at the away fans that come to Loftus road.

Home is tricky - Fans do make a massive difference as you say WBA was great as was Blackpool at home - but Fulham , Millwall, Luton, the games we should be making intimidating were a flat.

its a chicken and egg situation is it up to the fans to inspire the players or the players to inspire the fans ...probably both.

I have hardly missed a home game for 40 years and been in most sections of the ground - currently in SA road where the atmosphere is not most vocal and try to get to as many away games as work etc allow.

When on form and the atmosphere is second to none i remember ivanovic at chelsea said it was the most intimidating ground he had played at.

I wish all our games could be under lights as that definitely adds to the atmosphere - look at Peterborough on a sunday at 12 midday it was like a going to church!

Comment

I've always found if the fans feel the players are putting it in they will respond ...it's a 2 way street . I'm not going to Huddersfield bcos I feel the players won't bleed for our club and are going through the motions . I won't waste good money if they won't give 100%

Comment

Let's face it, if you want a tub-thumping snarling chest-beating permanently angry manager whose team is literally foaming at the mouth throughout every game you appoint say, Paolo DiCanio, NOT Warburton. Warbs just isn't that guy.

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post

When we play well and put in a similar effort the fans do applaud the team, but when we see performances such as Cardiff & Peterborough, even Fulham when very little fight was shown, what else can be expected?

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                  Let's face it, if you want a tub-thumping snarling chest-beating permanently angry manager whose team is literally foaming at the mouth throughout every game you appoint say, Paolo DiCanio, NOT Warburton. Warbs just isn't that guy.
                  Or Ollie or Barton.

Vinny Jones and David Batty wouldnt last long in today's game if they played like they used to.

Comment

Working...
                  X