Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seriously, why did we sign Hendricks and Sanderson??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seriously, why did we sign Hendricks and Sanderson??

Pushy agents? Who knows.
    Very baffling transfer window. I'd love to have been a fly on the wall.

Sanderson in theory we are told can cover any position at the back and was highly rated so made sense.

Hendricks has a lot of experience at this level and highly regarded but on the flip side we have any number of midfielders. My hunch is MW thought his experience on the pitch and in the dressing room would do us some good in the second half of the season.

Comment

Because we don't know what we are doing

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
        Sanderson in theory we are told can cover any position at the back and was highly rated so made sense.

Hendricks has a lot of experience at this level and highly regarded but on the flip side we have any number of midfielders. My hunch is MW thought his experience on the pitch and in the dressing room would do us some good in the second half of the season.
        Nailed it Fox, didn't quite happen though

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post

Agree with the reasoning, but needed neither as we had Masterson and DeWijs and McCallum and Wallace were near to return for the defence. We also had plenty of midfielders including the fringe players , Duke-McKenna and Bettache, so again Central Midfield was covered.

Warburton got the transfer window wrong and it has cost us the last third of the season in complete contrast to last season.

I very much doubt that it won’t cost him his job now.

I believe Ferdinand gave those comments about MW not wanting another attacker to distance the club from him in the case of the season going flat.

Comment

With what I've seen on Hendricks he wouldn't look out of place as a midfield general for leatherhead FC. Woeful signing. I can understand trying to bring in a defender with pace but Hendricks is up there with Steve fuc king Palmer
            I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

I think Newcastle needed Hendrick away from St.James Park for some unknown tawdry reason and tapped up old boy Les to help out. Les duly obliged and they will remember our help and do us a favour of some sort in the future.

Remember when Jason Puncheon had some issues at Southampton and we took him on loan but barely used him? I think it's that kind of situation with Hendrick.... I'd wager we're not even paying his wages either.

This is pure speculation on my part of course BUT..... there isn't a single other reason to support the loan in my view. It also would explain Hendrick's lack of apparent enthusiasm and application to our cause too.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                I think Newcastle needed Hendrick away from St.James Park for some unknown tawdry reason and tapped up old boy Les to help out. Les duly obliged and they will remember our help and do us a favour of some sort in the future.

Remember when Jason Puncheon had some issues at Southampton and we took him on loan but barely used him? I think it's that kind of situation with Hendrick.... I'd wager we're not even paying his wages either.

This is pure speculation on my part of course BUT..... there isn't a single other reason to support the loan in my view. It also would explain Hendrick's lack of apparent enthusiasm and application to our cause too.
                You could be spot on with that as it is about the only sensible reason for signing Hendrick.

Comment

Panic loans , couldn't get who he wanted so grabbed what was going

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                    Panic loans , couldn't get who he wanted so grabbed what was going
                    Yep. Hendrick especially, made absolutely no sense.

I believe there is a player in Sanderson, and I thought he wasn't a bad addition given the plan was to ship Jordi off.

Comment

Give it a rest chaps…the January business had virtual unanimous approval at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by BarryBarry View Post
                        Give it a rest chaps…the January business had virtual unanimous approval at the time.
                        At the time I wasn't unhappy with the lack of business. There was an argument for not wanting to upset the applecart and keeping things as far as possible as they were. Sadly didn't work out that way, we fell apart and had no useful new blood to try and spark us back into life. Live and learn and all that.

Comment

At the time, I seem to remember that Hendrich was supposed to chip in with a few goals to ease the blow of not getting a striker in . That`s why I find it very strange that he seldom attacks and never shot .... Sanderson was great for Birmingham so that signing made absolutely sense.
                          QPR
                          Best team in the world
                          Sort of

Comment

I thought Sanderson was a good signing and still do.As for Hendrick he’s Shyte and I said so before he signed.

Comment

Originally posted by BarryBarry View Post
                              Not from what I saw and not what I thought. Absurd that we didn't get after any wingbacks, and if we did and failed, absurd that we continued to press on without them.

Comment

Working...
                              X