Sinclair Armstrong out on loan again - Aldershot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dono77 View Post
    Bettache, Duke, dozzellz, ball are all players who would give 100% for this team. Hendrick, sanderson, gray, even stef are playing at 50%..our captain has been shocking. He was fantastic last season but as soon as he got his 2 year deal and was made captain for no reason even though he joined on the eve of the season opener and had no pre season with us and was clearly unfit, he has been a huge let down.
    Unfortunately, Johansen was given a THREE year deal. The club has a very expensive problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny View Post

Unfortunately, Johansen was given a THREE year deal. The club has a very expensive problem.
      I'll get stick for this, but Stef is not a bad player, he is playing poorly in a system that is not suited to the personnel. It is the same for Charlie. Though he shouldn't have been given a 3 year deal.

Would I have signed him? yes, 1 year. If he didn't want the 1 year then seeya, move on. Based on Jan - end of season last year we'd have been stupid not to sign him.

Sinclair must not be all that. He's got everything Les wants in a striker on paper, and he is at an age that he can be making starts or at least be on the bench, but nothing. Les has influence over Mark, especially now we are in such a mess. So if he's being sent out again it's maybe time to let this one go, another Kakay.

Comment

Originally posted by topperharley View Post

I'll get stick for this, but Stef is not a bad player, he is playing poorly in a system that is not suited to the personnel. It is the same for Charlie. Though he shouldn't have been given a 3 year deal.

Would I have signed him? yes, 1 year. If he didn't want the 1 year then seeya, move on. Based on Jan - end of season last year we'd have been stupid not to sign him.

Sinclair must not be all that. He's got everything Les wants in a striker on paper, and he is at an age that he can be making starts or at least be on the bench, but nothing. Les has influence over Mark, especially now we are in such a mess. So if he's being sent out again it's maybe time to let this one go, another Kakay.
        Steff can't run , doesn't matter what system he plays in .

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post

Steff can't run , doesn't matter what system he plays in .
          If his legs have gone at the age of 30 then giving him a 3 year deal was another brain fart. I know some lads are going to be tearing around the pitch for the full 90 but we have field and Amos next to him. Field is a good player but he's not very quick, doesn't have the legs to go box to box. Amos is the most mobiles code have but for some reason our manager treats him like he's put together with sticky tape. Amos has had knee ops and the manager keeps saying he needs to be minded. Field has had a knee op yet he plays 90 mins every week.

Comment

We seem to send all our youngsters out to crap non league teams. Most of them barely even play whilst they are there. So that tells us they are not good enough for our club yet they never seen to be released. Why is this? Some lads are 22/23 ffs. Armstrong should be kept with us. Given a run out with the first team. What's he going to learn being kicked all over the pitch in non league? Nothing. He will dragged down to that level. It's hard to stand out playing on bad pitches and surrounded by players who weren't good enough to get a contract with a league club.

Comment

Competitive football will be great for him. Standard must be higher than our U23s.

We should have left him with Torquay for remainder of season. They wanted to keep him, QPR brought him back.

Comment

Warburton would have sent Ray Jones out to the lower reaches but he was younger than Armstrong and scoring in the first team - sometimes they work out but if you don't at least try you never know.

Look at Paul Smyth - that one didn't work and i think Kelman will go the same way. Some players have their level i guess.

but without trying them you will never know ...as the season is effectively over we could have given him some meaningful minutes in the first team and see what happens ...lets face it apart form pens our strikers don't seem to know where the net is anymore so it couldn't be any worse.

Comment

Armstrong and Kargbo up front with our first team would be interesting.

Comment

Would of thrown him in , we ain't expected to win any of the games bar derby county so what harm could it have done ...I mean the 3 we've got up front have been dire . No difference if we had 4 that were rubbish

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post
                      Warburton would have sent Ray Jones out to the lower reaches but he was younger than Armstrong and scoring in the first team - sometimes they work out but if you don't at least try you never know.

Look at Paul Smyth - that one didn't work and i think Kelman will go the same way. Some players have their level i guess.

but without trying them you will never know ...as the season is effectively over we could have given him some meaningful minutes in the first team and see what happens ...lets face it apart form pens our strikers don't seem to know where the net is anymore so it couldn't be any worse.
                      You're a massive Mark Warburton fan. For me this is a huge change in the tide. I think even the most loyal Warburton fans are starting to get extremely fed up. I've never seen you say a single bad word about our manager and infact consistently defended him.
                      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

The lad up front for benfica tonight is 22 and has 24 goals in 24 matches. We have 22 and 23 year olds out on loan at non league clubs and some aren't even starting for them. Says a lot about our club right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo
                          Yes. We are not Benfica.
                          Obviously. I'm stating how reluctant we are to play young players and try to drip feed them experience rather than give them a real go.

Comment

I want to see the MW manager we all know from seasons before the promotion push got underway. It seems that he forget about introducing young players and was so determined to bring 'experience' to the side. It changed the dynamics of the team. I still believe in MW, however, he has to be less stubborn and get back to the principles of his first two seasons. Give youngsters a chance.

Comment

Any player who hits age 20 but is not ready for a place on our subs bench should be got shot of. Also, I don't think we should be buying 18 or 19 year olds as "ones for the future"... too many times they just spend a couple of years on loan and then disappear.
                              Basically, our throughput of young players to 1st team has been very poor for past couple of years. I don't think it's any coincidence that this period coincides with Warburton's arrival either.

Comment

Not in the aldershot team again today- not even on the bench - is he injured??

Comment

Working...
                                X