Old and Slow…

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old and Slow…

Many of us have been talking about this for more than a season, but if you have to single out one common theme to our disintegration this year it comes down to age and speed.

We have simply become one of the oldest and slowest teams in the league. Competitors are running circles around us as we play MW’s slow, methodical, plodding, and now clearly ineffective system.

Stefan and Chaz need to retire. Same for Wallace and Hendrick.

Dunne and Dickie are slow, but might re-engage on an upward trajectory if speed is added to the flanks and they are implored by the coach to move the ball quickly.

And notwithstanding all the disclaimers about MW (he steadied us, brought class and character to us, etc), his body language (and tactical choices) betray a manager aging in place.

Finish out the season (no, we are NOT going to win the last five games), let MW and and the aging soldiers go, keep the core (Willock, Dunne, Chair and Field) bring in youth and speed, and let the fans know the club is not satisfied anymore with mediocrity that’s explained away with bromides and b.s. Give it to us straight, we can handle the truth, me will rally behind anyone armed with the same.

We had a helluva run. Now let’s sprint toward a better fate next year.

Originally posted by Qprtanpa1 View Post
    Many of us have been talking about this for more than a season, but if you have to single out one common theme to our disintegration this year it comes down to age and speed.

We have simply become one of the oldest and slowest teams in the league. Competitors are running circles around us as we play MW’s slow, methodical, plodding, and now clearly ineffective system.

Stefan and Chaz need to retire. Same for Wallace and Hendrick.

Dunne and Dickie are slow, but might re-engage on an upward trajectory if speed is added to the flanks and they are implored by the coach to move the ball quickly.

And notwithstanding all the disclaimers about MW (he steadied us, brought class and character to us, etc), his body language (and tactical choices) betray a manager aging in place.

Finish out the season (no, we are NOT going to win the last five games), let MW and and the aging soldiers go, keep the core (Willock, Dunne, Chair and Field) bring in youth and speed, and let the fans know the club is not satisfied anymore with mediocrity that’s explained away with bromides and b.s. Give it to us straight, we can handle the truth, me will rally behind anyone armed with the same.

We had a helluva run. Now let’s sprint toward a better fate next year.
    Sorting the flanks would sort this squad out. Either by playing a different formation or by finding effective full / wing backs.

However, too late for that now, I feel some more wholesale changes are needed and your point is correct. The key to next season will still be the flanks, aswell as up top, with Stef done, I just don't see a player there anymore and the future of this team is in players like Amos, and Charlie being a sub only, which is shame as he could've done a job this year given the service.

Comment

Don’t disagree with much of that warbs last January turned us into a side that looked promotion form with stef, Austin and co coming in

its glaringly obvious we need pace the loans have been abysmal imo Gray done ok but service has been poor out wide for any cf.

for me I’d take what’s on offer for chair he often picks wrong pass. willock is much better but probably will go

I still think some of our issues are youth either not being good enough or not given chances probably the first which would save on transfers etc. In reality we need three cf coming in One with some pace to start at least and wingers and fb with pace our two best this season have been uncle and Wallace and are now being found out.

reality is a new manager will probably need or want more than we can afford as youth can’t supplement at least 1 or two additions

Comment

MW brought these players in along with LF the club needs a complete clean sweep that includes Ferdinand who plays on the golf course more than he is at the club with his mate Sherwood, which frightens me that we could end up with that ######, if the owners are not prepared to move the club forward sell up and f uck off.
        No good having a state of the art training ground if we have a shite squad with no interest of investing in it, all we get is ffp rules thrown in our face.
        When have we last heard from the owners looks like they have gone into hiding.
        If there is no interest by them we don't want you running our club, if they are interested tell us what your plans are ongoing, and I don't mean how we'll the training ground is going we have wasted enough money on that over the last 7/8 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Macca View Post
          MW brought these players in along with LF the club needs a complete clean sweep that includes Ferdinand who plays on the golf course more than he is at the club with his mate Sherwood, which frightens me that we could end up with that ######, if the owners are not prepared to move the club forward sell up and f uck off.
          No good having a state of the art training ground if we have a shite squad with no interest of investing in it, all we get is ffp rules thrown in our face.
          When have we last heard from the owners looks like they have gone into hiding.
          If there is no interest by them we don't want you running our club, if they are interested tell us what your plans are ongoing, and I don't mean how we'll the training ground is going we have wasted enough money on that over the last 7/8 years.
          Good post
          I think the owners have lost interest and don't want to waste anymore of their money , they're probably also clawing back a little bit as well , hence it keeps coming out that we've got the sixth lowest budget in the league , which i don't believe for one minute.
          There are a lot of teams in this division that have a lower income than us .

Comment

Originally posted by Harrow QPR View Post

Good post
            I think the owners have lost interest and don't want to waste anymore of their money , they're probably also clawing back a little bit as well , hence it keeps coming out that we've got the sixth lowest budget in the league , which i don't believe for one minute.
            There are a lot of teams in this division that have a lower income than us .
            More debt was converted to shares last week instead of the club having to repay the loans. Who ever gave that loan now has a great share ownership of the club than they previously did. Top pdf gives some details.

https://find-and-update.company-info...filing-history

Comment

I'm not convinced the owners have lost interest. A lot of work has been put into sorting the club out and we are in a much better state than we have been in a long time, last couple of months on the pitch excepted.

We need to have a bit of a sort out over the summer both manager and some players but we have a pretty stable base now. Big improvement on the previous chaos. A few abysmal months does not change the bigger picture.

Chaz and Stef have another year on their contracts and will not be going anywhere. We need someone to work with them and get back the players we had last season. Even as improved squad players rather than regular starters they could add something. An advantage of the poor form for some players this season is we have half a chance of keeping them. Those I'm referring to are Dykes, Dickie and Chair. None of them have had good seasons but have shown they can produce at this level. On playing side club needs freshening up and the right new manager along with some new signings (assuming mainly free or loan even if we do sell likes of Willock and Dieng as expected) could do that and maybe get the spark back into those three and some others.

Comment

Was watching forest play on TV and how quickly their defenders moved the.ball to midfield to flanks in a matter of a few seconds . We are too slow and obvious

Comment

Working...
                X